FTTF Disembark Question

Jenn1974

Since FTTF can get off the ship in one of the first groups, I was wondering if they have to take their own luggage off the ship with them or if they can still put it outside the night before when everyone else does? Or do the FTTF people need to do self assist?

We have a 12:25 PM flight out of New Orleans and have FTTF so I was wondering what the procedure was.

You take your own luggage off with you. You will meet at a specific location usually early (7:30 or so) and when the ship is cleared you walk off first with platinum etc. It take literally less than 5 minutes to get off the ship. Then you take your luggage thru customs and out the door. The luggage left out won't even be in the terminal by the time you are off.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

If you want luggage service and have fttf, you will get luggage tags with number 1. Put then out the night before. In the morning, first they will call the self assist, and then you will be the very first group after self assist gets off.

We have breakfast in the mdr that morning and wait there until just before out time to depart, then head to assigned meeting place.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Since FTTF can get off the ship in one of the first groups, I was wondering if they have to take their own luggage off the ship with them or if they can still put it outside the night before when everyone else does? Or do the FTTF people need to do self assist?

We have a 12:25 PM flight out of New Orleans and have FTTF so I was wondering what the procedure was.

FTTF has little or no bearing on Debarkation Day. If you want to be among the first off of the ship, whether you had previously purchased FTTF or not, you'll need to opt for self-debarkation. That means you keep all of your luggage with you and do NOT put it out in the hallway the night before. There will be an announcement made for those doing self-debarkation once the ship has been cleared by Customs. The less luggage you have, the easier self-debarkation will be.

We get a letter in our cabin explaining the choices for FTTF. Basically you can:

Take your own luggage and debark with the first self-assist group, or

Get zone 1 luggage tags and de-bark with the first group that leaves luggage in the hallway, or

Trade your zone 1 luggage tags for the last group if you want to hang out on the ship for awhile.

It's a nice benefit that lets you choose what fits your situation.

Hope you have a great cruise.

FTTF has little or no bearing on Debarkation Day. If you want to be among the first off of the ship, whether you had previously purchased FTTF or not, you'll need to opt for self-debarkation. That means you keep all of your luggage with you and do NOT put it out in the hallway the night before. There will be an announcement made for those doing self-debarkation once the ship has been cleared by Customs. The less luggage you have, the easier self-debarkation will be.

It does have some bearing. FTTF that are doing self-assist and taking all their own luggage off get to leave in the first groups (right after diamond/platinum) and wait in the same are with Diamond and Platinum. After this group they will start allowing all the rest of the self-assist to get off. So, if you want to be off as quickly as possible, it can make a difference.

Plus the Diamond/Platinum/FTTF group at the start is far less people all at once trying to get off then if you do the next group "standard self-assist." We have done that and the halls and stairways are jammed full of people and all their luggage trying to get off.

Trade your zone 1 luggage tags for the last group if you want to hang out on the ship for awhile.

Hope you have a great cruise.

I'm inferring that the OP wants to get off the ship ASAP because they are worried about making their flight and it's their first cruise out of NO and they are unfamiliar with how long it will take to go from clearing customs to the airport.

With that being said....if I was going to want to hang out I would never trade my zone 1 luggage tag for the last group. Keep the zone 1 tag because then it's real easy to get your luggage since your bags will probably be the only ones, or a worse case scenario, a very small group to choose from instead of a couple of hundred bags in the last group.

I'm inferring that the OP wants to get off the ship ASAP because they are worried about making their flight and it's their first cruise out of NO and they are unfamiliar with how long it will take to go from clearing customs to the airport.

With that being said....if I was going to want to hang out I would never trade my zone 1 luggage tag for the last group. Keep the zone 1 tag because then it's real easy to get your luggage since your bags will probably be the only ones, or a worse case scenario, a very small group to choose from instead of a couple of hundred bags in the last group.

And probably some of the first bags to end up missing.

And probably some of the first bags to end up missing.
After 9 cruises on Carnival since earning my Platinum status without paying a single dime for some of the benefits, I have never had any problems finding my bags, even after getting kicked off about 9:45 AM.

On the Pride we were not required to do self assist with FTTF.

If you want luggage service and have fttf' date=' you will get luggage tags with number 1. Put then out the night before. In the morning, first they will call the self assist, and then you will be the very first group after self assist gets off.

We have breakfast in the mdr that morning and wait there until just before out time to depart, then head to assigned meeting place.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

This was our experience too, except we were zone 2 (and had a late arrival due to a Nor'Easter;))

Can you just disembark whenever if you miss the FTTF early group? Or do you have to then wait until your assigned time?

You can wait until you are ready to leave.

We take all of our luggage with us and relax in the Lido buffet area until the cruise director begs us to leave the ship.