Does anyone know where to find pic of connecting balconies on Pacific Princess?

surgie

I have searched Google to no avail. We are considering moving our mini suite cabin next door to friends. Rooms will not connect but reservationist said steward can remove a partition so our outdoor space connects. I'd like to see it to visualize. Our location is midship and they are more forward. We would need to move next to them for availability so want to see if it looks worth it since I hate to give up midship.

I gave it a shot and couldn't find any either.

I would ask if anyone actually had the partition removed to connect the balconies.

We were on an older ship and none of the balconies were able to connect.

In Feb enough without. We were on the Regal and had connecting balconies. The issue we had was the partition folded back onto our balcony. The partition blocked part of our door wall opening, resulting in diminished view and access. The Regal balconies are small without further reduction.:)

Even though pix don't seem to be available, I'm going to guess that you'd be disappointed.

1) Pacific is an older ship...there may not be any way to open up a section between 2 balconies.

2) The partitions aren't "removable". When it's available, it's a small door that is opened.

3) If the cabins are separated by a firewall (example: one cabin is 452 and the other cabin is 501), there won't be an opening at all.

I'd stay put and visit, rather than try to connect balconies.

We just got off the Pacific Princess, we were in 8050, a year ago we were in 8000. I spend a lot of time on the balcony, it appeared to me that the partitions between balconies were set up for easy removal, just a few bolts holding each one then pack it away. The gaps are so wide around these center partitions that there isn't much privacy on the balconies to begin with due that. Just checked my balcony pictures and my recall is correct. However, doesn't mean they are willing to take the center section out. For one thing there might me snags on the bolt fasteners which could catch clothes or skin, they would have to cloth wrap and tape them. I'm sure the cabin steward isn't allowed to take those out either, it will have to be the mechanical crew.

This photo shows two balcony dividers on the Pacific. The one on the left can be opened while the one on the right is at a firewall and has no opening. The divider is not removed but rather swung open like a door.

TaZol2637P_IZVEfZfEy2W2KtoSMkfjlFjKKfWNh6CzVJ995S6qtXrgzK2E4UAIXFJmAV-4ga7bolqqSOMZ4FVNtoKAGnjBpj_rM04b563n-qqsNMLkeNGvfwGtuahZAHId1HUzdNsKFYsKRlW68HaeyTSbR5_rZtDCKOqBRThlae1rLwQgWnIOZ8qJ4nOpYSQ8Kvz0l3kAkGcwOXEEI4PZ5_DGan7z61iXDOpsKpqos6YBaY2oK3imSXrUKB-cfckGsihmfG_C7Y_rAvaNsjVy70u8inmwLDS5zNk1GQZ8bshN86YnISkbxRLfsAfDMhnLCxdSlFJdqjk4TqyVgK74fnqXZh7D3ULDpm5FIXCmOtyyc-h1uzWopCx3ox7FivHzWa8dLeDZGMpVLy6FUeszeodSB0PKgNxIEleNBXN_qDofzrhnDceDyfUpv9fly9SjZf9G2iEwTnye4gj5BZC2SwKIdqZ_we6zPLUgbaAU-hQSJyCVvaqww_paCPJsyysbZwwiCNmlRj_6EbM4FQ9EpudOxfDcpdWQXX2n6MmSaU9YKBCUe7TxlsF0kPH6sXErfywN15N8fV1Qnliw_kvBFASlV93KmrzAIfrw=w2383-h1708-no

qh_DsoEALTrZ9DGtbtZozSf2fDLSrMxK2_rd2wP9fKcrBv4qSOmJI_YTQfmku7_u0RoB9GYawk8rI2mEavMJKZdi-QPh8FQZK8Fj-MNTAi8Fsl0YQrPBeUlnmQH4wBQ-e1R1PAcha8vF5mlXKEkDdJBQsukMPd06G25DfNT5M0-P1f0vfO-H-frYdJ3rg1iAMDsbtfRRPw7r9xz_35EpB6NfXyWe4_ti8EMpSmN5hK7xxU2MArlnKDM42nvCnbCkzKTxLW7K7D-oblnG62fK1PNCBa3hp_jIZW8RFultgwidD6oXmKhzceT755IAhwFgVz8DbQYQyzrvovLWCyeKYf6TC8sM4VC8KsZoa-oF5Uoe4EkrOADiNA0rxfdbqpDXdCyU33A0LXig6XUF1RrKq0SPRpdyxPPyPrfYQIbu41LC5kNJTw06KyrgPXUZESvqO71Hfw3A89k4LolTMiCzvTZ9xzbsn9CooE7MK8XmV-PWJNch0YMe45bfvw12y-9umw3XjRyag9_4DdXwRLrMR387abNQ7Q3wI2HXwDBuASRO5C31j3e6cRU1X1KlG-U6hYxAK2jSRp4nWdc1YfcUBtZaGxpX6hjADsyjLxc=w697-h523-no

Edited by IECalCruiser

This photo shows two balcony dividers on the Pacific. The one on the left can be opened while the one on the right is at a firewall and has no opening. The divider is not removed but rather swung open like a door.

TaZol2637P_IZVEfZfEy2W2KtoSMkfjlFjKKfWNh6CzVJ995S6qtXrgzK2E4UAIXFJmAV-4ga7bolqqSOMZ4FVNtoKAGnjBpj_rM04b563n-qqsNMLkeNGvfwGtuahZAHId1HUzdNsKFYsKRlW68HaeyTSbR5_rZtDCKOqBRThlae1rLwQgWnIOZ8qJ4nOpYSQ8Kvz0l3kAkGcwOXEEI4PZ5_DGan7z61iXDOpsKpqos6YBaY2oK3imSXrUKB-cfckGsihmfG_C7Y_rAvaNsjVy70u8inmwLDS5zNk1GQZ8bshN86YnISkbxRLfsAfDMhnLCxdSlFJdqjk4TqyVgK74fnqXZh7D3ULDpm5FIXCmOtyyc-h1uzWopCx3ox7FivHzWa8dLeDZGMpVLy6FUeszeodSB0PKgNxIEleNBXN_qDofzrhnDceDyfUpv9fly9SjZf9G2iEwTnye4gj5BZC2SwKIdqZ_we6zPLUgbaAU-hQSJyCVvaqww_paCPJsyysbZwwiCNmlRj_6EbM4FQ9EpudOxfDcpdWQXX2n6MmSaU9YKBCUe7TxlsF0kPH6sXErfywN15N8fV1Qnliw_kvBFASlV93KmrzAIfrw=w2383-h1708-no

qh_DsoEALTrZ9DGtbtZozSf2fDLSrMxK2_rd2wP9fKcrBv4qSOmJI_YTQfmku7_u0RoB9GYawk8rI2mEavMJKZdi-QPh8FQZK8Fj-MNTAi8Fsl0YQrPBeUlnmQH4wBQ-e1R1PAcha8vF5mlXKEkDdJBQsukMPd06G25DfNT5M0-P1f0vfO-H-frYdJ3rg1iAMDsbtfRRPw7r9xz_35EpB6NfXyWe4_ti8EMpSmN5hK7xxU2MArlnKDM42nvCnbCkzKTxLW7K7D-oblnG62fK1PNCBa3hp_jIZW8RFultgwidD6oXmKhzceT755IAhwFgVz8DbQYQyzrvovLWCyeKYf6TC8sM4VC8KsZoa-oF5Uoe4EkrOADiNA0rxfdbqpDXdCyU33A0LXig6XUF1RrKq0SPRpdyxPPyPrfYQIbu41LC5kNJTw06KyrgPXUZESvqO71Hfw3A89k4LolTMiCzvTZ9xzbsn9CooE7MK8XmV-PWJNch0YMe45bfvw12y-9umw3XjRyag9_4DdXwRLrMR387abNQ7Q3wI2HXwDBuASRO5C31j3e6cRU1X1KlG-U6hYxAK2jSRp4nWdc1YfcUBtZaGxpX6hjADsyjLxc=w697-h523-no

Would love to see the picture......:D

What picture? The second photo shows a divider swung open between two balconies. The open divider blocks half of the balcony doorway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I recall, the inside fasteners on the dividers can be used as hinges or removed. Since I was in a mini-suite, swinging the divider would block off part of the view for one or the other of the balconies. Since I value the unobstructed picture window view I get in the mini-suites using the divider as a swinging door wouldn't have been acceptable. However, looking at these photos you provide of a standard balcony, having the balcony door itself blocked or partially obstructed plus the view blocked, would be worse yet, not good.

2018-01-03%2007.02.43-S.jpg

You can see the folded back door, being pinned open by the table on our balcony here.

2017-12-28%2011.48.01-S.jpg

You can see the open door behind my husband. but not the low crossbar over the top. My brother hit his head about a thousand times on that thing.

Sorry, not great pictures, but it's what I've got. This was the Island Princess connecting two mini-suites. The door swung into our space but didn't really bother us at all. The low crossbar was the only issue because it was just low enough that you had to pay attention going through if you're taller than 5'7.

2018-01-03%2007.02.43-S.jpg

You can see the folded back door, being pinned open by the table on our balcony here.

2017-12-28%2011.48.01-S.jpg

You can see the open door behind my husband. but not the low crossbar over the top. My brother hit his head about a thousand times on that thing.

Sorry, not great pictures, but it's what I've got. This was the Island Princess connecting two mini-suites. The door swung into our space but didn't really bother us at all. The low crossbar was the only issue because it was just low enough that you had to pay attention going through if you're taller than 5'7.

The design of the balcony dividers on the Pacific are very different than on the Island and unfortunately this post does not apply to the Pacific. Hopefully people can either see my photos directly or using the links.

We are booked on the Island Princess later this year, next door to some family members, so we are interested in how the balconies on the Island connect. Even though it does not apply to the Pacific Princess, we found this info very helpful. :)So, thank you, Celeste, we appreciate the photo! - EBC

Thanks for the pics IECalCruiser. Good to have a visual. We are in a mini suite so as kennicott said I wouldn't want to do anything to obstruct the view for either party.
Actually, unlike mini suites on Grand class ships, mini suites and their balconies on the Pacific are 50 percent wider (~13.5 feet total) than balcony cabins. The balcony dividers may not be as much of an obstruction because of the wider balcony.

Actually, unlike mini suites on Grand class ships, mini suites and their balconies on the Pacific are 50 percent wider (~13.5 feet total) than balcony cabins. The balcony dividers may not be as much of an obstruction because of the wider balcony.

That is true. One thing I really like about the mini-suites on the Pacific Princess is that we can roll the curtains all the way back and tie them, then we have a beautiful panoramic picture window of the sea from inside of the cabin. That divider, if swung one way or the other would obscure just about one third of that view, no thanks.