Port times

radiationman

Thinking of taking the Fjords cruise on the Queen Victoria this August. Website only lists port times in nebulous terms, ie arrival early morning departur afternoon. I tried comtacting them through website to no avail. Anyone know how I can find soecific times for planning purposes?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

It's always been a bit of a puzzle to me why Cunard does not list actual port arrival and departure times on their web sites for the US and the UK. Those port arrival and departure times can be found on various travel agent and cruise calendar web sites as well as Cunard's web sites for Spain, Austria, Switzerland, and perhaps other countries.

Unfortunately, I am finding conflicting information from different sites for some of the port arrival and departure times on both of QV's Norway Fjords cruises in August 2018 so I'm not sure whom to believe in this case. Lanky Lad's advice may be the best we can come up for your planning purposes on either of those fjords cruises.

Thinking of taking the Fjords cruise on the Queen Victoria this August. Website only lists port times in nebulous terms, ie arrival early morning departur afternoon. I tried comtacting them through website to no avail. Anyone know how I can find soecific times for planning purposes?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Hi there

Have a look here:

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Cunard/Queen_Victoria/August_2018/

andhow

The "cruisett" site mentioned by andhow is usually pretty reliable and is one of the "cruise calendar" sites I alluded to in my previous reply. However, other sites are showing some different timings for a couple of the ports. Here are alternative timings I have found.

06-Aug-18 Flaam: 08:00-17:00 or 08:00-17:30

07-Aug-18 Geiranger: 08:00-18:00 or 09:00-18:00

27-Aug-18 Flaam: 08:00-18:00 or 07:00-18:45

So just be aware there are some variations in the port timings being shown on different sites for QV's August 2018 Norwegian Fjords cruises.

I'm sure no site is completely accurate, but I have found errors in the "cruisett" site. This site has, in my experience, been very good:

http://crew-center.com/norway-cruise-ports-schedules-2018

I have found the most reliable information to be on the official site for each individual port which can be found through Google. Of course circumstances can cause changes, even at the last minute.

Hi usually look at the excursions that can be booked through Cunard on the VP. They give a departure time and say how long they will be. Take the time of the earliest excursion going out as an indication of arrival time and work out the time of the last back by adding the excursion length to its departure time to get an approximate last aboard time for the ship.