Bringing Someone On Board

Ned11

I'm meeting my sister, as a surprise to my parents, in Majorca on my Symphony cruise. Can I get a request for my sister and my brother in law to come on to the ship for a couple of hours? I've heard this can happen but not sure if that was many years ago.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

You and your parents should just get off the ship and arrange a surprise visit at a restaurant/cafe.

You and your parents should just get off the ship and arrange a surprise visit at a restaurant/cafe.

I agree and make sure they have a cellphone or a way to get a hold of you after you disembak. Also plan for what if the ship misses the port due to weather . Also have them arrive at the Port about 20 minutes before the ship arrives to give you the most amount of time together.

Google a Cafe or Restaurant in advance with written driving or walking directions that is an easy Taxi ride or walk from the Port. Then you can walk a bit and get back on the ship,

Be prepared that even if your plan is a good one it may not work out if the ship does not call here due to weather or other unforeseeable reasons. Its best to confirm with your Parents at the port prior to the port you will be meeting them at.

Those were the days and used is in the past. Sorry times have changed.

I used to love it 'back in the day', (well, my day anyway).....the 1960s, from Australia going eastbound or westbound.....everybody piled onto the ship(s) until the "All Visitors Ashore" announcements over the P.A.....different time, different world....I'd trade back.

Thanks for all your responses.

I’m travelling with my parents on the ship. My sister and brother in law are going on holiday to Majorca that week. I just thought it would of been nice for my sister to see the ship (as she’s never cruised before and been trying to get her in one).

We, as a family, all do live within 2 minutes of each other in the UK so it’s not that much of a big deal if we don’t get to dock there. It was just an idea.

Thanks again. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk