COMPLETELY PO'd at RCCL!

After being on the phone with them for 45 minutes and getting to a supervisor.

I just re-read this. LMFAO!!!! You spent FORTY-FIVE minutes on the phone arguing about NOTHING?!?!? LOL! You must be on "AMAZING" Salesman. Because you certainly don't seem to know how to manage or value your time!

Seriously, you are out NOTHING and you wasted close to an hour arguing about it. Let that sink in.

I just re-read this. LMFAO!!!! You spent FORTY-FIVE minutes on the phone arguing about NOTHING?!?!? LOL! You must be on "AMAZING" Salesman. Because you certainly don't seem to know how to manage or value your time!

Seriously, you are out NOTHING and you wasted close to an hour arguing about it. Let that sink in.

Hes insane,he wants rccl to give him obc for doing nothing wrong!

Sense of entitlement is going on here.......

The people on this forum that defend the cruise line to the very end amaze me. “It’s in the contact” so what?!?!?! My god. This is tourism and hospitality. Those “rules” are made by the line and absolutely can be broken by then with not costing the company anything. The only two industries I have found to hold people to the contract that it is law are cruise lines and airlines.

This is why I travel with Disney so much. They go above and beyond almost always and break the “rules” that they have in place for great customer service.

Perfect example my wife and I did the Disney Marathon in January. We waited too long to order pictures from the event. Disney only holds them for 45 days. Now on their website they say they charge an expiration extension fee of like $25 and this can only be done once. We called and they reinstated the photos for us immediately and NEVER brought up the fee (Royal would of charged the fee in a heartbeat).

So we buy the photos for $70 but whoops, I’m an idiot and I don’t download them from the site to my computer soon enough and they were deleted. I called yesterday and after 45 seconds on the phone with a cast member I had my photos reinstated a second time with no mention of the fee.

Now Disney could of charged me $25 the first time and then told me there was nothing they could do the second time because remember their rule is not to extend twice. But they did. Why? Because they actually care about guest service.

I say all this because these rules are made by these industries and can be so easily not enforced. It’s about putting guest service above profit.

The people on this forum that defend the cruise line to the very end amaze me. “It’s in the contact” so what?!?!?! My god. This is tourism and hospitality. Those “rules” are made by the line and absolutely can be broken by then with not costing the company anything. The only two industries I have found to hold people to the contract that it is law are cruise lines and airlines.

This is why I travel with Disney so much. They go above and beyond almost always and break the “rules” that they have in place for great customer service.

Perfect example my wife and I did the Disney Marathon in January. We waited too long to order pictures from the event. Disney only holds them for 45 days. Now on their website they say they charge an expiration extension fee of like $25 and this can only be done once. We called and they reinstated the photos for us immediately and NEVER brought up the fee (Royal would of charged the fee in a heartbeat).

So we buy the photos for $70 but whoops, I’m an idiot and I don’t download them from the site to my computer soon enough and they were deleted. I called yesterday and after 45 seconds on the phone with a cast member I had my photos reinstated a second time with no mention of the fee.

Now Disney could of charged me $25 the first time and then told me there was nothing they could do the second time because remember their rule is not to extend twice. But they did. Why? Because they actually care about guest service.

I say all this because these rules are made by these industries and can be so easily not enforced. It’s about putting guest service above profit.

Do you realize hes complaining about his credit card company not refunding for a few days? This isnt rccls problem. This is standard procedure for any cc company. Why is rccl responsible for that. And hes out NOTHING. They shouldnt GIVE him anything when they did what he asked for. Seriously this is the most rediculous post ive read in my entire time on this forum.

Hes prolly trolling,thats how rediculous this is.

Wait rccl put me on hold for 5 minutes,I feel I should get obc for that. Lol come on!

The people on this forum that defend the cruise line to the very end amaze me. “It’s in the contact” so what?!?!?! My god.

Normally, I completely agree with this. There are far too many RCI fanboys around here loyally sucking at the mother teet. However, this guy is an idiot who is off his rocker.

The OP isn't out anything. He is complaining about a refund that wasn't instantaneous and about having a drink package canceled when he made changes to his reservations. A competent TA would have informed the OP what would happen if he moved passengers around. The OP now wants OBC because both he and his TA didn't do their homework.

The OP isn't out anything. He is complaining about a refund that wasn't instantaneous and about having a drink package canceled when he made changes to his reservations. A competent TA would have informed the OP what would happen if he moved passengers around. The OP now wants OBC because both he and his TA didn't do their homework.

I understand your point, but this one I don't see as defending the cruise line as much as it being a matter of what you're entitled to and how quickly. I know for a fact that although most banks don't do this, it can take up to 30 days for a bank to refund your money. When you use your credit card to charge something, it's the bank extending the credit, not the retailer or in this case the cruise line. The cruise line can issue a refund to your account but it's the bank of the credit card used that actually controls the money. I see it as a wash so not quite sure what money the OP seems to think he is out. Yes, he may need to wait a couple of days for the credit to show up, but in the end he's paying the same price for the same package. Now if he was charged more, then I could see being a tad bit upset.

I do hope he and his family have a wonderful cruise despite all the hiccups.

I understand your point, but this one I don't see as defending the cruise line as much as it being a matter of what you're entitled to and how quickly. I know for a fact that although most banks don't do this, it can take up to 30 days for a bank to refund your money. When you use your credit card to charge something, it's the bank extending the credit, not the retailer or in this case the cruise line. The cruise line can issue a refund to your account but it's the bank of the credit card used that actually controls the money. I see it as a wash so not quite sure what money the OP seems to think he is out. Yes, he may need to wait a couple of days for the credit to show up, but in the end he's paying the same price for the same package. Now if he was charged more, then I could see being a tad bit upset.

I do hope he and his family have a wonderful cruise despite all the hiccups.

Poster you are responding to was correct, this is standard practice. And doesn't take that long. I purchase/change/cancel 50+ things a year threw Royal. Usually about 4 working days and at most I've ever waited is 7, and doesn't matter if Credit Card or Debit, use them both...

Had the OP known all the rules (or used a TA that knew all the rules), it could have been booked that way from the start. The friendly, needy TA should have checked the reservation and informed the poster of ramifications of changing names. Too bad they did not.

Usually they do not carefully match #bottles of wine to the passenger and cabin, at times they do just that. When we cruised during spring break, they recited name, cabin number, every bottle of wine, water, etc at a special table near security.

It takes time for a refund to be issued back to a credit card.

This is NOT specifically a cruise line issue. If you book a hotel room, book a car reservation etc, there is a disclaimer that it could take up to 7 days for the credit to appear on your credit card statement. This goes beyond the travel industry. It is a processing issue.

Exactly. I had an excursion booked that I cancelled and rebooked because the price went down. The rebooked excursion was charged immediately. The cancelled excursion took 3 days to refund. No big deal. I’m guessing the OP was using a debit card, not a credit card. There should be no reason to be upset over the delay when using a credit card.

Don't rent a car, check into a hotel much? I wonder how upset the OP would be with a $300 hold when renting a car.. Even if RCI processed your refund today, it takes a few days for both banks that are processing your credit card refund to complete the transactions. More time then not its the bank and not the merchant that is the delay in a refund transaction.

I guess my main point is why can’t Royal just make this switch? Why make the guest have to cancel the package, and then reorder the package, especially if it is the same exact price? “Because he made a change to the reservation! It’s in the contract that he signed!”

Please. This would of been easy as the Royal worker clicking here, click here, hit enter here, and boom done.

Why make the guest jump through so many hoops?

I guess my main point is why can’t Royal just make this switch? Why make the guest have to cancel the package, and then reorder the package, especially if it is the same exact price? “Because he made a change to the reservation! It’s in the contract that he signed!”

Please. This would of been easy as the Royal worker clicking here, click here, hit enter here, and boom done.

Why make the guest jump through so many hoops?

When you move a person from one reservation to another, you are really cancelling them from the first reservation and adding them to the other. When they are removed from the reservation, it removes anything having to do with that person. Not saying I agree with how it is done, but the TA should have informed the OP before making the changes.

I understand being disappointed. I understand thinking Royal could/should be able to handle this easier.

I don't get the "absolutely PO'd at Royal" because they're following policy. Would it be nice if they "broke the rule" or somehow made it easier? Sure. But expecting them to do so is wrong (IMO of course).

If you buy something at a store that has a 30 day return policy and you come back on day 31 trying to return and they say "no", would you be PO'd at the store?

If this was me, I'd be upset, but I'd be upset at myself for not doing the due diligence before making the move. It's up to us as consumers to understand the ramifications. That being said, I wouldn't be that upset because I know the money I spend today on the "new" package will be back in my account next week, so I'm not out anything.

.... one way around this would have been to leave the reservations as is, but print out two set sail passes and you and your wife could have gone through separate checkin lines, each carrying 2 bottles of wine in your carry-ons.

When RC reverts to previous policy of NO alcohol being allowed to be brought on-board because people are abusing the privilege, all the fury can be vented at people like you, who not only break the rules, but brag about it and encourage others to do likewise.

They're not holding your money.... any time you get a refund from pretty much any place, it takes at least 3-5 business days for the funds to transfer back into your account. This is especially true if you use a debit card. This isn't RC's fault, it's just how things are.

You're getting your money back and you don't even have to pay a higher price for the drink package. I don't really think RC owes you anything.

I can understand why you would be upset. Why did they cancel your package? That doesn't make sense. If you had paid for two packages, then it shouldn't matter what cabin you inhabit. Of course they shouldn't have made you repurchase and hold your money until you can get a refund, but I am not quite certain why you expect OBC for it.

Sorry you are off to a rough start with this cruise. Hopefully things improve so you will have an enjoyable cruise.

Don't BOTH adults have to be in the SAME cabin to have the drink package? Once you moved 1 adult to a cabin with 1 child and 1 adult with 1 child to 2nd cabin ... didn't that nullified the drink package rules?

Don't BOTH adults have to be in the SAME cabin to have the drink package? Once you moved 1 adult to a cabin with 1 child and 1 adult with 1 child to 2nd cabin ... didn't that nullified the drink package rules?

You are correct.

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

I get an email from RCCL that they had CANCELED my beverage package!

After being on the phone with them for 45 minutes and getting to a supervisor, they did NOTHING to help me out except make me pay AGAIN for my wife's package and hold my money AGAIN until I get my refund. I was expecting ANYTHING....$50 OBC? ANYTHING, but NO! They did NOTHING except force my hand to make me spend the money again! I know I have a choice to wait for another sale, but I was just trying to get SOMETHING out of them....

Needless to say, I've had pretty bad experiences so far with booking this cruise and nobody on their end is making me feel any better about it. Sorry bout the rant, but being in a sales job all my life, all I do is try to make my customers feel the love....

Couldn't you have taken 4 bottles of wine on board in the first place? Without moving people/names around? Just pay the corkage fee(s).