My Harmony OTS Report - March 10-17 sailing....We got a bigger boat, and it was fun !

zdad59

thanks for the info . we booked one for the presidential cruise on sept 29

You'll love it. A couple notes...

• You can walk to Columbus Cove or take the tram. If walking isn't an issue, I'll say walk. Take the pathway that goes under the waterslide if you want to avoid the local merchant stalls.
  • If using the floating mat, don't fall asleep. I did and ended up well outside the roped off area. No real risk, but it was kinda funny.
  • When getting lunch, its easier to eat at one of the pavilions by the eatery, rather than taking it back to the bungalow. No other reason other than its logistically easier. The lunch facility and picnic tables are right behind the bungalow area.
  • Have at least one in your group get there early to select the bungalow you think is best. They are first come first served (for the 8 folks that have them reserved) and we found that the ones in the middle, 4-5-6, are the best situated. None are bad. A few are better.
  • Bring yourself a Bluetooth speaker. We did and had Kenny Chesney playing all day. It really made for a fun vibe.
  • Keep an eye on your bungalow attendants. They tend to disappear for a while once in a while. Nothing disrupting, but there was a time or two I just walked over to the bar and got my own drink. BTW - We found the Labadoozie's are OK, not great. Drank beer and gin & tonic most of the day.
  • Your Seas Pass Card, and the Deluxe Drink Package, work on Labadee.
  • Be sure you are lathered up all day. My wife missed one small spot by her shoulder blade and it burned pretty good on a partly cloudy day in March.

• 1 month later...

I am way late to this party zdad, but awesome review! I do not get on the boards much between cruises any more, but when I do near a trip I love a review like this! Looks like you had a blast and have me juiced for our turn!

did you have a WOW band,I ask because I hear you cant put a hole in your seapass.I like doing that so I can attach something to it so I dont leave my seapass in the slot machine .

I hear all you have to do is tap the slot machine with your seapass or WOWband to have it keep track of your points. Is that true

did you have a WOW band,I ask because I hear you cant put a hole in your seapass.I like doing that so I can attach something to it so I dont leave my seapass in the slot machine .

I hear all you have to do is tap the slot machine with your seapass or WOWband to have it keep track of your points. Is that true

Did not use the WOW band, Did not like the texture of the plastic. Not at all like the WDW Magic Bands, if you know them. A lot of folks had lanyards with little plastic pockets for the sea pass card. I think they were selling them on board. I just kept mine in my pocket.

You are correct about the slots. There is a lighted bar you simply tap your card against and it reads who you are. Not slots to slide them into (and then forget to take when you're done). IF you do get a WOW band they work with the tapping motion too.

And you are correct about not being able to punch a hole in the card. There is an RFID chip in the card and its not always in the same place. SO no holes.

So did we. Guess we will be neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have hear the presidential cruises are a blast. Just booked our entertainment last week .Excited to see what special events they have lined up for us . We are doing a 5 day in july to get to our 80 points for diamond status.