What are our options if Azamara cancels all Cuba port calls?

tgg

We're booked on Journey's December 11 2018 "10-Night Cuba Intensive Voyage" which includes 3 Cuban ports and 4 days full days in Cuba. The only reason for us to book this cruise is to see some of Cuba and we have no interest in yet another Caribbean cruise.

If, for whatever reason, Azamara cancels all calls in Cuba and changes the itinerary, do we have the option to cancel at any time, even after final payment? Or can Azamara remind us of the terms of the contract and say that the cruise line has the option to change any ports at any time? I don't want to overthink this, but I do want to be prepared.

I know I can cancel now with a small cancellation fee.

Bonnie? Anybody? Any thoughts?

While I think that the basic premise of your concern is highly improbable, it seems to me that if Azamara were to remove all Cuban ports from a cruise advertised as “Cuba Intensive” and refused to reimburse those who decided to cancel then those passengers would have a strong basis for a class action lawsuit on the basis of Azamara’s breach of contract in falsely describing the cruise. How you can expect to prepare for such an eventuality I do not know. Have a wonderful cruise and post a review. DW and I are booked on a similar cruise in January 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also on that cruise and I don't think it is "highly improbable" that all Cuba ports would be cancelled because on March 2, 2018 the US raised the Travel Alert to Level 3. Level 4 is Do Not Travel..

tgg we are in the same position, we don't care for the Caribbean and would not have booked this cruise if it wasn't for the Cuba ports. We are also considering cancelling, but figure we will wait to closer to final payment and see if things are better or worse.

While I think that the basic premise of your concern is highly improbable, it seems to me that if Azamara were to remove all Cuban ports from a cruise advertised as “Cuba Intensive” and refused to reimburse those who decided to cancel then those passengers would have a strong basis for a class action lawsuit on the basis of Azamara’s breach of contract in falsely describing the cruise. How you can expect to prepare for such an eventuality I do not know. Have a wonderful cruise and post a review. DW and I are booked on a similar cruise in January 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not a lawyer but if it seems to me that is the cruise contract says that they can change or eliminate ports, it means that they can change or eliminate ports. In this case, no reimbursement would be owed. They might want to do it for the sake of good will but they do not have to,

DON

Toni

You have several months to final payment and anything can happen. i am on the cruise after yours. Now that i have been to Havana three times i do not care if another port. But if i can not go alone.. then i would stay on ship. i only want to walk and eat out.

really have no idea about the famous hotel National. i just know i have been twice and would love to go back to eat. Americans were staying there last winter.

We are also on that cruise and I don't think it is "highly improbable" that all Cuba ports would be cancelled because on March 2, 2018 the US raised the Travel Alert to Level 3. Level 4 is Do Not Travel..

tgg we are in the same position, we don't care for the Caribbean and would not have booked this cruise if it wasn't for the Cuba ports. We are also considering cancelling, but figure we will wait to closer to final payment and see if things are better or worse.

Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have reservations for the same 12/11/2018 cruise to Cuba.

We will. not hesitate to cancel just before final payment if The Cuban ports are take of the itinerary.

We hope Azamara will offer us to switch to another cruise at no cost but as they say in France

“Qui vivra,verra “.

Micheline and Luc.

I think it’s much more likely that the US travel alert towards Cuba will be lessened, not increased. As you know, cruise ship travel is now the easiest way, and 100% permitted way, to visit Cuba. I see no reason we would drop our three port calls on the future Cuba-intensive voyages. But if we did, you would be able to cancel or switch to another cruise.

I think it’s much more likely that the US travel alert towards Cuba will be lessened, not increased. As you know, cruise ship travel is now the easiest way, and 100% permitted way, to visit Cuba. I see no reason we would drop our three port calls on the future Cuba-intensive voyages. But if we did, you would be able to cancel or switch to another cruise.

Bonnie,

Thanks as always for clarifying Azamara's position on this issue for all of us. We look forward to being back on the Journey and enjoying seeing some of Cuba.

Toni