Tell me about Allure Main Dining Room

Well intuition tells me that fixed dinning (late or early) will involve not waiting in a line. With anytime there are definitely lines from what I have observed on 3 cruises on this class of ship.

I believe speed of service depends on table size so not sharing with others would result in quicker service.

For the best possible experience which involves no lines, prompt service, great food etc. booking a suite is recommended.

To follow on regarding lines from OP, with My Time Dining, if I have made reservations prior to cruising, what kind of wait can I expect if I show up around my reservation time?

OP, regarding fixed vs my time dining, if you're looking for fixed dining and want early seating arrange that early; from what I have read that books up rather quickly and you'd be left with only late seating or my time dining available.

Separately, from my experience with booking reservations for My Time Dining for my sailing coming up next week, we made our reservations on the Cruise Planner a couple of months ago, and the available times were already rather limited. Not sure if that was because they save some of the reservation times for people to book once onboard or if they were simply booked up.

We were on Allure 2 weeks ago and had my time. I booked reservations for each night, depending on the show times I booked. We never waited more than 5 minutes, most time, the only wait for for the person at the computer to look up our room and print off the ticket to hand to the person taking us to our table. Since it was just the 4 of us, we pretty much went at the pace we wanted.

On the first night, they already had a sign that no new reservations for early were available, so if you do not get reservations ahead of time, plan to wait a long time - the no res line was really long each night.

The first night with MTD we had to wait for about 10 minutes and that was with having reservations for 6:30 or about then as I can't remember exactly. The only other night we had to wait any length of time on both of our Allure trips was the 2nd formal night which is when lobster was served.

It took about 15-20 minutes to get to the hostess, then we were sent to a holding area where we waited another 15 minutes for our table. I'm sure it was because many people were having 2 or 3 lobster dinners and were taking longer than normal.

We didn't have dinner in the MDR any other nights, so I don't know how long or if there were lines other nights.

If you have reservations for MTD and don't want a shared table, can you ask for that at the hostess station or should that have been requested with the reservation? Thanks!

If you have reservations for MTD and don't want a shared table, can you ask for that at the hostess station or should that have been requested with the reservation? Thanks!
With mtd, they will assume you want your own table. It is rare to share, but you could request if you really wanted it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app