Pinnacle Suites - how to book

MLinFL

Hi -

I was interested in booking a Pinnacle Suite. I went to HAL's web site and the highest suite I see available - on ANY cruise - is a Neptune suite. I'm guessing this is not the same as the Pinnacle suite. How do I book the Pinnacle?

Thanks!

Hi -

I was interested in booking a Pinnacle Suite. I went to HAL's web site and the highest suite I see available - on ANY cruise - is a Neptune suite. I'm guessing this is not the same as the Pinnacle suite. How do I book the Pinnacle?

Thanks!

Start with a good travel agent. She can access the availability much more easily than you can. You're talking about the most expensive suite on HA. Your travel agent can get you all the information you need - and can provide you with lots of onboard credit (either refundable or not) that you can enjoy.

Hi -

Thanks!

Sounds like you are looking at the planning page. (where several cruises show and you choose one) Yes, only Neptune shows there, _ HAL shows the lowest priced in each category there. If you press the book button (you don't have to complete it), you will quickly see if the Pinnacle Suite is available and the pricing.

Sounds like you are looking at the planning page. (where several cruises show and you choose one) Yes, only Neptune shows there, _ HAL shows the lowest priced in each category there. If you press the book button (you don't have to complete it), you will quickly see if the Pinnacle Suite is available and the pricing.

This is the correct answer and works if a Pinnacle is available...the price is usually about double (or more) the pp price for a Neptune:eek:

Of course, sometimes you do get lucky. We were in a SB on Rotterdam earlier this month. After TA discount and a couple of price drops, our fare was $1700 pp. We received an upsell offer for $1750 pp about two weeks before the cruise which we declined. We received another offer the monday before the cruise for $750 pp which we took.

Like RocketMan 275 we got 2 upsell with different prices offers from Signature to Pinnacle on our March 4 Oosterdam cruise. We took the Neptune upgrade. I would be afraid if I had a Pinnacle I would want to spend too much time in the cabin. ;p;p

Like RocketMan 275 we got 2 upsell with different prices offers from Signature to Pinnacle on our March 4 Oosterdam cruise. We took the Neptune upgrade. I would be afraid if I had a Pinnacle I would want to spend too much time in the cabin. ;p;p

We like to spend time in our cabin. In fact, we seldom leave the ship. We alternated between the Crows Nest and our balcony.

Just curious. We gave up 7038 to get 7002. Were you in 7038?

One more question about the Pinnacle Suites. I've seen the photos of the ones on the newest ships. The outside hot tub is something that appeals! Do all of the Pinnacle suites have a hot tub outside on the balcony?

One more question about the Pinnacle Suites. I've seen the photos of the ones on the newest ships. The outside hot tub is something that appeals! Do all of the Pinnacle suites have a hot tub outside on the balcony?

We did not have one on Rotterdam Room 7002.

• 6 months later...

I used to be able to see and select a Neptune Suite using Crucon.com but now they want me to immediately speak with a sales persons rather than show me the deck plans and let me select my suite.

Any ideas when this changed?

And, why doesn't the Holland America web site allow a customer to view which Neptune Suites are available rather than saying your suite information will be provided later.

Seems customer DIY service is rapidly declining.

Your ideas and suggestions as to how to do a work around are most welcome.

Thank you. Andrew

23 minutes ago, adjjac said:

I used to be able to see and select a Neptune Suite using Crucon.com but now they want me to immediately speak with a sales persons rather than show me the deck plans and let me select my suite.

Any ideas when this changed?

And, why doesn't the Holland America web site allow a customer to view which Neptune Suites are available rather than saying your suite information will be provided later.

Seems customer DIY service is rapidly declining.

Your ideas and suggestions as to how to do a work around are most welcome.

Thank you. Andrew

The HAL site does show you what Neptune Suites are available if you choose 'select your stateroom'.

there are a few exceptions.  On the World Cruises & Grand Voyages, if you are doing only part of the voyage, then all cabins for different segments are guarantees.  Only those who are on the entire Voyage can select their cabin, I believe.

Also, short cruises like the 1 - 4 day Pacific Coastals (which are part of the Hawaii, Panama, type cruises) are also only guarantees.  The cabin selection is left to those doing the entire cruise and once the dust 'settles', the cabins are assigned for those joining the ship for 1, 2, 3 or 4 days.  At least that was the case on both of ours.

Hi Kazu,

Thank you for your response.

I thought I tried what you suggested but will try again and see if it lets me see which Neptune Suites are available.

I thought it forced me to select based on a room number but perhaps not.

Again, thank you for your quick reply.

Best Regards, Andrew

1 minute ago, adjjac said:

Hi Kazu,

I thought I tried what you suggested but will try again and see if it lets me see which Neptune Suites are available.

Best Regards, Andrew

You are most welcome.  When you do select a room, choose and go to next.

Then it will ask you to choose the deck - once you click the deck,  and select, aft, centre or forward, you should see the selection.  Hope I did this in the right order 😉 

2 hours ago, adjjac said:

Hi Kazu,

Best Regards, Andrew

Kazu is correct. 

HAL is trying to steer you towards the Guaranteed Option since most cruisers lean towards the least expensive choice.

You should also be aware that when you do get to the page showing the deck layout where you can book a specific cabin, that layout does not always show all the cabins that are available.  Some say that page only shows 10 cabins max.  I tend to think HAL shows only those cabins it is pushing.  Regardless, even if the cabin you prefer is not shown as available, you can always put your preferred cabin number in the box and you maybe surprised.  If you're using a TA or a PCC they can see all the cabins as well.

Hi Kazu and RocketMan 275. Thanks for the specifics. I was able to check the "available" Neptune Suites, according to Holland
America. They show only two available, which I know is probably not true. The cruise, one of many, we are considering, is not until March 31st. We've always been able to see the available suites via Crucon but now they want you to call them. I suppose that is their new business model so as to close a sale. Crucon does offer a lot of on-board credit if you book through them. Your directions were very helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to share your information with us. We don't use a Travel Agent and haven't for many, many years. What is a  PCC - private cruise company? Thanks again and happy sailings.

Best Regards, Jim & Andrew

Personal Cruise Consultant.   A person who works for Holland who functions as your 'personal travel agent.  Some swear by them.  We prefer to use a travel agent who offers discounts, usually 8 to 10+%.  BTW, we're not allowed to discuss specific travel agents so your mention of Crucon isn't allowed.