Escape - Brat Pack going away?!

mkmaj

When I was on the Escape in October it was different casts doing After Midnight and The Brat Pack. There might have been some cross-over with the back up dancers and singers, but definitely not with the main cast.

I would be mad as heck if BOTH shows were replaced with some dumb sing along thing on my sailing! Not acceptable at all.

I don’t think they are changing the shows just moving the days and times around. We are booked on June 17th and didn’t get an email and the times and days offered are the same ones we booke already

Our cruise is after this time period, but if it’s true, in general to make this change (replace two headliners with one variety show) for the first summer sailings out of the NY port, where a ton of new reviews will flood the inter webs really seems a bit... short sighted?

My understanding is Choir of Man is scheduled for NCL Escape starting April. Other shows are getting more time off ..so less shows for Brat Pack and After Midnight.

Choir of Man tweet:

Upon finishing their Australian tour, the Choir of Man will take to the seas on the Norwegian Escape, entertaining cruise audiences around the Caribbean.

Edited by sunshine55

My understanding is Choir of Man is scheduled for NCL Escape starting April. Other shows are getting more time off ..so less shows for Brat Pack and After Midnight.

Choir of Man tweet:

Upon finishing their Australian tour, the Choir of Man will take to the seas on the Norwegian Escape, entertaining cruise audiences around the Caribbean.

Does the choir of man know where the ship is going? ?

The escape is not going to the caribbean

Sent from my SM-T280 using Forums mobile app

Anyone know what's happening with For the Record / Brat pack? Our June reservation was canceled and per another board May's were all canceled as well.

I called and they said it was cancelled from April -July

We are booked on the 4/22 Escape to Bermuda sailing and received the email stating our reservations for the Brat Pack show we had booked already were being cancelled and for us to rebook them. When I went on to my NCL page today to do that, I was shown After Midnight on Monday and Friday evening (7:30 or 10:00 pm) and the Brat Pack - Floor Show for Tuesday through Friday evenings at either 7:30 or 10:00 pm. The Brat Pack also has a "banquet option" for $24.99 per person showing, however reservations are not allowed. We booked for Friday evening's show, so we will see what happens when we get there. To be honest, I am expecting some changes...but I guess I won't find out for certain until I arrive on board!

We are booked on the 4/22 Escape to Bermuda sailing and received the email stating our reservations for the Brat Pack show we had booked already were being cancelled and for us to rebook them. When I went on to my NCL page today to do that, I was shown After Midnight on Monday and Friday evening (7:30 or 10:00 pm) and the Brat Pack - Floor Show for Tuesday through Friday evenings at either 7:30 or 10:00 pm. The Brat Pack also has a "banquet option" for $24.99 per person showing, however reservations are not allowed. We booked for Friday evening's show, so we will see what happens when we get there. To be honest, I am expecting some changes...but I guess I won't find out for certain until I arrive on board!

The Friday evening show is the one we had originally scheduled before we received the same email you did. We were told to rebook, so we booked the Tuesday evening show.

found this on facebook group:

urgh. this is horrible!!!

Choir of Man tweet:

Was this an early April Fools joke? I went to the COM FB page and it shows less than 1,600 followers, they had 3 shows in March, previous show listed as July 2017 and no upcoming events.

It mentioned their show being an hour long so that would fit for a ship but then is it only this one group replacing two shows or are the shows really staying on and just moving times around?

If this is truly the group it seems our local HS might have been a better choice.

Was this an early April Fools joke? I went to the COM FB page and it shows less than 1,600 followers, they had 3 shows in March, previous show listed as July 2017 and no upcoming events.

It mentioned their show being an hour long so that would fit for a ship but then is it only this one group replacing two shows or are the shows really staying on and just moving times around?

If this is truly the group it seems our local HS might have been a better choice.

nope, it is real. If you read some of their recent facebook comments, you will see this:

Capture.png

tom brandon appears to be a cast member for choir of men.

Since Norwegian made changes to my cruise in may. For the Record and After Midnight is still listed online with dates for various shows and Choir of men is not posted online. I think these shows will be open seating where reservations is not needed.

nope, it is real. If you read some of their recent facebook comments, you will see this:

Capture.png

tom brandon appears to be a cast member for choir of men.

Since Norwegian made changes to my cruise in may. For the Record and After Midnight is still listed online with dates for various shows and Choir of men is not posted online. I think these shows will be open seating where reservations is not needed.

Thanks for the additional info (I think). So is it an additional show being added or is the show replacing For The Record and After Midnight?

Does the same cast do both shows? Odd to have them on break at the same time. You would think they would alternate.

Absolutely not the same cast at all. It's obvious because one cast is entirely black and the other white.

And despite what the person posted above, the casts for Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages on Breakaway were entirely different, too. Completely different skill sets and everything. You can find the casting calls and such online to verify that they cast these shows separately.

Perhaps Choir of Men will be in the Supper Club. That usually has a complimentary show with a pre-fixed dinner and the groups that have played in there are changed in and out. The show & dinner are generally 45 minutes long.

Perhaps Choir of Men will be in the Supper Club. That usually has a complimentary show with a pre-fixed dinner and the groups that have played in there are changed in and out. The show & dinner are generally 45 minutes long.

if that was the case, then they should not be canceling some after midnight and for the record reservations.

This is what I am thinking is happening, since the entertainment in there is rotating regularly.

if that was the case, then they should not be canceling some after midnight and for the record reservations.

It coincides with Escape's move from the Caribbean to NYC, so it makes sense that they would be changing around show times. Scheduled activities often change and move to different days when ships change locations.

I would almost guarantee Choir of Man is a Supper Club show several nights a week and maybe one or two Escape Theatre shows with the full band.

Our Thanksgiving cruise had this set up with a new group that had just boarded the same week called The Fly Boys. A quartet of singers that did multiple shows in the Supper Club and then one bigger show with The Brat Pack band in the main theatre.

Can't imagine they would cancel both After Midnight and The Brat Pack to replace it with a singing group like The Choir of Man or The Fly Boys. Don't get me wrong, the Fly Boys were AWESOME but they aren't really a main theatre type show IMO.

Choir of Man actually looks like fun! I'd be OK with that, even though I was really looking forward to Brat Pack (we've actually rewatched the movies in preparation 😕). I just wish there was some sort of communication

• Like 1

I would almost guarantee Choir of Man is a Supper Club show several nights a week and maybe one or two Escape Theatre shows with the full band.

Our Thanksgiving cruise had this set up with a new group that had just boarded the same week called The Fly Boys. A quartet of singers that did multiple shows in the Supper Club and then one bigger show with The Brat Pack band in the main theatre.

Can't imagine they would cancel both After Midnight and The Brat Pack to replace it with a singing group like The Choir of Man or The Fly Boys. Don't get me wrong, the Fly Boys were AWESOME but they aren't really a main theatre type show IMO.

This is what I think, too. I wasn't told my reservation was canceled forever. I was told I would need to reschedule that show. I didn't think anything of it, since this has happened to us before as show schedules change (when the actual show didn't), and I didn't think anything of it this time either.

Choir of Man actually looks like fun! I'd be OK with that, even though I was really looking forward to Brat Pack (we've actually rewatched the movies in preparation ). I just wish there was some sort of communication

Maybe they are a hidden gem, but based on their FB page it doesn't make it out that way.

I will be sailing in June, and also received an email that the showtimes I had reservations for were no longer available. When I logged into the NCL website, it still showed my original reservation times, in addition to new dates and time. I ended up calling, and asked them to cancel my original two reservations (I wish NCL would let you cancel online, but that's a different issue!), which the gentleman on the phone did. This cleared out the old times, and I was left with the new schedule to book.

It seems like After Midnight is Monday and Friday, 7:30pm and 10:00pm. Brat Pack is Tuesday at 7:30pm and 10:00pm, Wednesday at 8:00pm and Thursday at 8:00pm. I was able to book these new times.

I don't see anything about the Choir of Man shows on the website, which makes me think it's not a headlining act, but in the Supper Club like a few people have posted already.

I think the schedule makes sense given that we will be docked in Bermuda Wednesday-Friday. NCL probably should've been more clear in their emails and updated their website before emailing everyone. Of course, we could get on board and this could all be different ;p

Our email seems to be a time change...........

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and Norwegian Escape for your upcoming cruise vacation.

Our records indicate that you have made reservations for FOR THE RECORD on Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 7:30 pm.

We have made scheduling changes and would like to inform you that this show time is no longer available.

Please go to www.ncl.com to book an alternative show time. Or you may visit the Box Office once on board.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

I received the same email for the same time and date. I called NCL and they said it actually wasn't cancelled. It still shows in myNCL. I made an additional reservation for the next day just in case.