What if lead person on reservation can’t go?

So I might not be able to sail due to work, but I won’t know until a lot closer to the sail date. I’m the first person on the reservation. If I end up not being able to go will it effect the reservation? I figure I wouldn’t get my money back, I just want to make sure everyone else going won’t have an issue.

So I might not be able to sail due to work, but I won’t know until a lot closer to the sail date. I’m the first person on the reservation. If I end up not being able to go will it effect the reservation? I figure I wouldn’t get my money back, I just want to make sure everyone else going won’t have an issue.

As long as one person from the original booking remains, there should be no problem. You can even substitute another name up to 24 hours before the cruise.

As long as one person from the original booking remains, there should be no problem. You can even substitute another name up to 24 hours before the cruise.

Bob....does this timeframe also hold true if adding a person? My sister is currently booked to sail solo but another sister may be able to go.

Also right now there is a $175 OBC from the original booking. Do you know if she would lose that?

Bob....does this timeframe also hold true if adding a person? My sister is currently booked to sail solo but another sister may be able to go.

Also right now there is a $175 OBC from the original booking. Do you know if she would lose that?

They can change names up to when the manifest is sent to the ship - it may be a bit longer than 24 hours - I would work on 48 minimum.

The person being added would pay the prevailing rate, but I don't see why the original OBC would be lost.

Could RCI then impose a single supplement surcharge?

I would say be wary of calling them and telling them that one person is dropping off. When I tried to do this they wanted to reprice the booking to the current single pax price which was about 220%!!! So I just left the 2nd person on and he was a no show!

I would say be wary of calling them and telling them that one person is dropping off. When I tried to do this they wanted to reprice the booking to the current single pax price which was about 220%!!! So I just left the 2nd person on and he was a no show!

^ This, exactly.

I have two people in a cabin. The second name was changed already. What if the lead/first person (original booker) is a no show?

I'm guessing it is ok....

No problem, you will get the usual refund of taxes and any pre-cruise purchases by that person.

Yes it is if the ship manifest has to go on a Friday of a holiday weekend and the ship sails on Sunday.....

It's 24 hrs and has been for a long time. Day has nothing to do with it.

You can book a cruise for Sunday on Saturday anytime there is availability