Alcohol at embarkation vs port

VCUSkyhawk

I like the way you think! In port buy a sacrificial bottle (something cheap) and a bottle for your room. When they send you to the liquor check in table only check the cheap bottle and keep the good one hidden.

Let the flaming begin!

On my first cruise in 2011 I bought a few bottles of whisky. When getting back on the ship they found it and told me something (can’t remember) but I was confused and just walked back to my room with it. No one said a word. Didn’t do this intentionally though.

On my first cruise in 2011 I bought a few bottles of whisky. When getting back on the ship they found it and told me something (can’t remember) but I was confused and just walked back to my room with it. No one said a word. Didn’t do this intentionally though.

What are you talking about? There is no was security let you board with 2 bottles of whiskey

There was a post here within the past few days wherein someone mentioned they had bought some bottled alcohol in port, had it in a bag that went through the security scanner upon return to the ship, and there was no mention of it by the people running the scanner. They then walked right past the table where they were collecting the booze for storage and were never questioned. I can honestly say that we probably could have done likewise on our last cruise (with a couple of bottles of rum) because there really was no scrutiny by security. We didn't but it would have been easy.

Any alcohol bought at the port needs to be turned in until the end of the cruise.

Here's a crazy idea, just follow the rules.

Nope. No shame in my game. That $1000 I saved on "Cheers" makes ME cheer!

They probably said put it on the table,where they collect the liquor bottles,that they return at the end of the cruise. If the lineup is long, it’s easy to just slip past in the confusion.

They probably said put it on the table,where they collect the liquor bottles,that they return at the end of the cruise. If the lineup is long, it’s easy to just slip past in the confusion.

Now I realize that’s what they wanted me to do. But everyone was rushed at the time, I was confused and just walked away. BTW, I didn’t open the bottles until I got home.

What are you talking about? There is no was security let you board with 2 bottles of whiskey

Sure there is. Security guy #1 spots the liquor, and tells the passenger to take it to the liquor table. But there is no communication between #1 and #2 (at the table) that “this guy has liquor.” (Could be busy, or could be because the two are too far away from one another). Passenger doesn’t stop at the table and security guy #2 doesn’t say anything because he didn’t know the passenger was SUPPOSED to stop. #1 have moved on to the next passenger and doesn’t realize passenger hasn’t checked in the bottles.

It can happen.

And, apparently, it was done in this case with no evil intent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums