Waiting and hoping for the Upsell Fairy

a.madruga

BTW. They also said we would lose our OBC and gratuities....

Don’t know what HAL was thinking

I don't know what a corporation was thinking, but I suspect the inventory control department which must account for revnue, could possibly be thinking profits...... :) tHE more money they get from us, the valued guests, the better the P & L statement at the end of the year. That Could trans late into promo tions and raises as often happens for valued employees. :) HAL is a for profit business if they get back your OBC and gratuuties and they get mo re money f rom you, that is a win win.... :)

They have a n empty 'costly' cabin and they want to fill it for as much profit to them as possible . You think maybe I might be onto something? I would guess that is what someone at HAL is thinking as to the offers they have made for these upsellls.

We have the choice to accept or not

I don't know what a corporation was thinking, but I suspect the inventory control department which must account for revnue, could possibly be thinking profits...... :) tHE more money they get from us, the valued guests, the better the P & L statement at the end of the year. That Could trans late into promo tions and raises as often happens for valued employees. :) HAL is a for profit business if they get back your OBC and gratuuties and they get mo re money f rom you, that is a win win.... :)

They have a n empty 'costly' cabin and they want to fill it for as much profit to them as possible . You think maybe I might be onto something? I would guess that is what someone at HAL is thinking as to the offers they have made for these upsellls.

We have the choice to accept or not

We agree with you....employees on ship are awesome but land based HAL employees not all but some just don’t cut it when learning how to make a dollar and keep customers coming back...after all we move up they make money on us and those who cancelled too...then someone else would move up too and make more money for HAL....or maybe Our thinking is wrong

If one does not need a handicap ca bin they are a nega tive, IMO. For those that need them, of course they are desireable, ,but the shower and raised toilet are not ideal for all, iMO

I'm not sure I would pay anything for an upsell to a handicap ca bin

Edited by sail7seas

If one does not need a handicap ca bin they are a nega tive, IMO. For those that need them, of coursethey are desireable, ,but the shower and raised toilet are not ideal for all, iMO

Perhaps. I upgraded myself from a SY(Signature Suite assigned room) to a SC guarantee at a very good rate. I understand with a guarantee I run the risk of being assigned a handicap room. For myself, it made it affordable so it is a trade off. I will still have the Neptune Suites benefits whether it is a handicap room or not. Just another perspective.

Perhaps. I upgraded myself from a SY(Signature Suite assigned room) to a SC guarantee at a very good rate. I understand with a guarantee I run the risk of being assigned a handicap room. For myself, it made it affordable so it is a trade off. I will still have the Neptune Suites benefits whether it is a handicap room or not. Just another perspective.

Yes, you will have all the amenities. hope you get a great ca bin.

If one does not need a handicap ca bin they are a nega tive, IMO. For those that need them, of course they are desireable, ,but the shower and raised toilet are not ideal for all, iMO

I'm not sure I would pay anything for an upsell to a handicap ca bin

Totally agree

Since the upsells were done, do you suppose your TA was contacted and she did not pass the information onto you?

We booked with a PCC for our upcoming Alaska trip. We booked a specific SY Signature Suite. Less than 24 hours after we made final payment the SC guarantees dropped to less than my SY. My PCC is on vacation so I called her fill in. She went to bat for me and we ended up with a SC(Neptune Suite) guarantee and a refund on my credit card. I did have to give up my drink package and OBC. It's possible I would have been given an upsell, but, I didn't want to take the chance. Keep an eye on the website in case something comes open. Since you are first on the wait list did they indicate what the upsell price is?

We believe you did very good....enjoy your cruise

Just have to say that yes, Virginia, there is an upsell fairy... we just got an offer to go from a standard verandah to a Neptune suite, 8 day, 7 night cruise, Alaska (Vancouver to Anchorage) for $219 per person. JUMPED ON IT. There were also Sig. Suites available at $49 per person. By the time my agent called, those were gone. We are 37 days out and this is going to make those days even longer! Trying not to tell my husband til we board...we'll see how that lasts... BTW, this is our first HA cruise, so definitely not a perk for a frequent cruiser.

Just have to say that yes, Virginia, there is an upsell fairy... we just got an offer to go from a standard verandah to a Neptune suite, 8 day, 7 night cruise, Alaska (Vancouver to Anchorage) for $219 per person. JUMPED ON IT. There were also Sig. Suites available at $49 per person. By the time my agent called, those were gone. We are 37 days out and this is going to make those days even longer! Trying not to tell my husband til we board...we'll see how that lasts...

This is an EXCELLENT upsell offer! Congratulations!!!! What ship?

We are getting close, and just received an email and I am looking for input here. We are sailing on the Westerdam. It will be my son & I. We currently are in a Verandah, Signature Suite & perfectly happy - they are offering Neptune Best Availiable - I don't know if that would be so great, for $199/PP USD, what if I get a bad location, and do we REALLY need all that space/ perks, as we are very casual folks. This is my "Bucket List" trip, so if seasoned travelers could chime in I would really appreciate it. We are doing Alaska Sea + Land :)

We are getting close, and just received an email and I am looking for input here. We are sailing on the Westerdam. It will be my son & I. We currently are in a Verandah, Signature Suite & perfectly happy - they are offering Neptune Best Availiable - I don't know if that would be so great, for $199/PP USD, what if I get a bad location, and do we REALLY need all that space/ perks, as we are very casual folks. This is my "Bucket List" trip, so if seasoned travelers could chime in I would really appreciate it. We are doing Alaska Sea + Land :)

My opinion only, but at the Neptune suite level, there are no "bad" cabins. You will get priority embarkation, access to the Neptune lounge and the concierges, unlimited laundry/pressing/dry cleaning included, among other amenities. BUT, it's up to you if you want to spend an extra $400. You will need to make a decision fast, because other passengers are also being offered the same.

There are no bad locations for a Neptune Suite . . . run, don't walk to your phone!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

annoterchaos - I am so happy you got the Neptune for your Alaska adventure. I love your surprise for your husband. I pulled that one over on my sister when we went on our March 4 Panama Canal cruise. When I got the Neptune upgrade 6 days before I printed her boarding pass and luggage tags and switched them from the Signature cabin that she had in her tag holders. I handed our boarding passes and she was waved through without her old one. She didn't even catch we were going to deck 4 versus the original deck 8 but she knew the minute that she got into the cabin. I am sure he will be thrilled!!

This is an EXCELLENT upsell offer! Congratulations!!!! What ship?

Left out one detail LOL..Westerdam. Wonder if GwenA and I are on the same cruise. They said they were only a couple suites left when my travel agent called back, and the signature suite offers had all already gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just have to say that yes, Virginia, there is an upsell fairy... we just got an offer to go from a standard verandah to a Neptune suite, 8 day, 7 night cruise, Alaska (Vancouver to Anchorage) for $219 per person. JUMPED ON IT. There were also Sig. Suites available at $49 per person. By the time my agent called, those were gone. We are 37 days out and this is going to make those days even longer! Trying not to tell my husband til we board...we'll see how that lasts... BTW, this is our first HA cruise, so definitely not a perk for a frequent cruiser.

Congrats!

WOW! Those are amazing deals! Congratulations!!