Stockholder Credit

cheeseclan

Grego,

Was the confirmation an email, phone call, or that you checked the "payments and Credits" section on your booking info?

I'm asking because I mailed our info in and am wondering how to expect notification.

thanks for any info

-Jerie

Just found the answer! I did not see the form to submit with my documentation- just read what was required and wrote a letter with that information in it. Now that I found the form- I see that it says to check the cruise personalizer and it will show up within 7 days.

-Jerie

We submitted for the shareholder credit by fax for three bookings in mid February. The OBC appeared in the bookings the next day when I checked online.

The fax included the share buy receipt page and an extra page with our names, Princess numeric IDs and the booking references.

• 4 weeks later...

After an earlier post, I applied for my shareholder credit but now that I have reread the return email in the UK it will only be posted and available for use to pay for things (excursions, gratuities) until 90 days before departure. I had OBC through a FCC but the shareholder credit not until today for cruise 1 and next week for cruise 2.

Is it really so difficult for Princess to make it the same for all passengers regardless of the country they live in?

• 1 year later...

Gosh, I love cruise critic.  We normally send in our shareholder info 30 days before sailing.  We have 3 - 7 day cruises in April 2020 and read that you can do it earlier from this thread.  We also used the free fax link that was mentioned on the page one of this thread.  We faxed the info and within one hour we have our OBC for all 3 cruises.   Now I can book a couple of excursions that I have my eye on.

THANK YOU!!!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 3:18 PM, Notonboard said:

How long did it take for the credits to appear?  The form says 7 days is that correct?

I've had it take less than an hour and up to 36 hrs.  When it doesn't appear online within that time frame, I re-send via FaxZero.  For some reason, the one I sent earlier this week didn't get to them.  I re-sent it and it was applied with an hour or so.

Since all my stock holdings are held by my stock broker, I have to send in a copy of my monthly stock statement.  For many reasons I am protective of the information and therefore snail mail it to Princess with all the information redacted showing only the 100+ shares of CCL and my name.  Free fax services may be free but one has to wonder what is in it for them.  They have a copy of what you sent.

In about 7 to 10 days the OBC will show up on my personalizer for the cruise.  I have never had a problem nor have I used a "form" to submit the information.  A normal letter with the information and monthly stock statement is all that you need to submit. Nice that Carnival Corp saw fit to extend the OBC for another year.  

Edited by satxdiver

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Since all my stock holdings are held by my stock broker, I have to send in a copy of my monthly stock statement.  For many reasons I am protective of the information and therefore snail mail it to Princess with all the information redacted showing only the 100+ shares of CCL and my name.  Free fax services may be free but one has to wonder what is in it for them.  They have a copy of what you sent.

In about 7 to 10 days the OBC will show up on my personalizer for the cruise.  I have never had a problem nor have I used a "form" to submit the information.  A normal letter with the information and monthly stock statement is all that you need to submit. Nice that Carnival Corp saw fit to extend the OBC for another year.  

Not sure of the logic there since either way they will have a copy of your stock holdings but better to feel safe than sorry.  I just fax my statement with any critical information redacted and get my credit ASAP.   Also happy it’s been extended.

2 hours ago, Soman said:

Not sure of the logic there since either way they will have a copy of your stock holdings but better to feel safe than sorry.  I just fax my statement with any critical information redacted and get my credit ASAP.   Also happy it’s been extended.

The point is that when you fax it using an online fax service, they may keep a copy of the fax, your personal information such as name etc and use or sell it to some company.  They may offer a "free" service but they are a for-profit organization and how do they make money?

If you use a private fax machine, you may send it to the wrong recipient.  The company I worked for would record and keep a record of all faxes sent and received.  Not just the sender/receiver but a copy of the fax itself.  

I can wait to get my OBC trusting that the US Mail will send it to the right address.  

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

If you use a private fax machine, you may send it to the wrong recipient.  The company I worked for would record and keep a record of all faxes sent and received.  Not just the sender/receiver but a copy of the fax itself.  

If you ever use a copying machine, it also retains a copy of every thing you copy in its memory. I assume sooner or later the memory is erased or overwritten.

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

The point is that when you fax it using an online fax service, they may keep a copy of the fax, your personal information such as name etc and use or sell it to some company.  They may offer a "free" service but they are a for-profit organization and how do they make money?

I can wait to get my OBC trusting that the US Mail will send it to the right address.  

Okayyy. I have a private fax machine as part of my printer and never had the problem of using a wrong number. There are so few fax machines out there that I doubt a wrong number would connect. Anyway like I said whatever makes you feel more comfortable.

On 10/24/2019 at 5:43 PM, satxdiver said:

They have services they charge for. I use Faxzero and love it. I think if fax is more than 5 pages they charge. Their charge is cheaper than what I could get going to a FEDEX store or office supplies store to send a large fax.  

Quite some time ago I read that the Stock Holder Credit form could be sent in far in advance from your cruise time. I think it used to be about 90 days before your cruise.

Well, my cruise isn’t until the end of February 2021. That’s 16 months from now. I mailed the form one and a half weeks ago and it now posted on my cruise personalizer. WOW, that’s amazing!