change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

I'm not sure that what you posted is really conclusive. The response is in the present tense ("Our Diamond members still receive 1 free day..."). Neither the question nor the answer specifically mentions the time period starting April 5.

Marketing weasel words. We won't get a straight answer...

Well like to they say nothing is for eternity. Just came back from.a cruise on the Regal Princess and now Platinum and Elite have unlimited internet(at least on the Regal). Excellent perk I must say. Really enjoyed being connected for the week.

We are Elite with Celebrity so that gives us Diamond on Royal. I called today about the "departure gift" and was told 1. We are only Diamond because of receprosity and 2 only one departure gift per family, even though we are different reservations and in different cabins....the "gift"? some bottled water, a couple of cans of diet coke and 6 cookies....whoopie. If they are taking away the internet benefit, or making it into something that makes them more money I guess it will be another 5+ years before we book another Royal cruise. After our May cruise on the Indy our next two are back to Celebrity where we each get 90 minutes of internet, a free bag of laundry plus the cocktail hour, private breakfast, etc......

Oh, from the Royal web site right now, http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-members/

No mention of any internet benefit......

We are Elite with Celebrity so that gives us Diamond on Royal. I called today about the "departure gift" and was told 1. We are only Diamond because of receprosity and 2 only one departure gift per family, even though we are different reservations and in different cabins....the "gift"? some bottled water, a couple of cans of diet coke and 6 cookies....whoopie. If they are taking away the internet benefit, or making it into something that makes them more money I guess it will be another 5+ years before we book another Royal cruise. After our May cruise on the Indy our next two are back to Celebrity where we each get 90 minutes of internet, a free bag of laundry plus the cocktail hour, private breakfast, etc......

Oh, from the Royal web site right now, http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-members/

You wll each get a welcome aboard beverage, whether you are in the same stateroom or not. Call C&A to select your beverage.

The internet benefit is considered an on board perk along with things like the bingo discount, Soin to win coupons, laundry discount...and has never been listed as a perk on Royals website.

The internet benefits have always been considered an "on board offer" loaded on your sea pass (formerly a coupon). That way they can change them whenever they want. They keep watering down the coupons but this would be the most egregious example. Free pictures are probably next.

I’ll be on the Grandeur April 5th, so I’ll report back and let you know. I purchased the internet, but really upset about them taking things away from us a little at a time......not much we can do. Prices going up and benefits going down.

Gwen [emoji3]

The internet benefits have always been considered an "on board offer" loaded on your sea pass (formerly a coupon). That way they can change them whenever they want. They keep watering down the coupons but this would be the most egregious example. Free pictures are probably next.

There has already been an alteration to the free picture offer.

You yourself must be in the photo or you can't use your free coupon for the picture.

Want a picture of your tablemates? Your friends? Your kids? Tough toe nails. No Free Photo For You!!!!

You yourself must be in the photo or you can't use your free coupon for the picture.

Want a picture of your tablemates? Your friends? Your kids? Tough toe nails. No Free Photo For You!!!!

That’s been at least 2 years.

Actually, unless I’m missing something here, if you were going to buy an internet package anyway, this is an upgrade to the benefit. For example for an average 7 day cruise, a Diamond member was getting 24 hours free but the 20% actually gives you 33.6 hours free. For D+ that got 48 hours free, the 40% discount would be worth 67.2 hours free!

Now for those who just wanted to use their free time, that is a loss of benefit.

Like everything that must be dependant on the ship and/or who is working as we have gotten pictures of our kids on our last couple of cruises.

I’ll be on the Grandeur April 5th, so I’ll report back and let you know. I purchased the internet, but really upset about them taking things away from us a little at a time......not much we can do. Prices going up and benefits going down.

Gwen [emoji3]

I'll be on April 5th as well, and I am NOT happy about this...:loudcry:

Fran:loudcry: