Can/how can...My hubby follow my cruise ship from home on our computer?

2kids&pets

My daughter and I will be cruising Viking in May. My husband has no desire to go,(fear of water, fear of terrorism). Since you can follow airplanes that fly overhead on your computer, can the same be done to follow our itinerary along the route, maybe even see people by camera at ports of call? He would just love to do that. Any input appreciated by us first time cruisers:cool:

My daughter and I will be cruising Viking in May. My husband has no desire to go,(fear of water, fear of terrorism). Since you can follow airplanes that fly overhead on your computer, can the same be done to follow our itinerary along the route, maybe even see people by camera at ports of call? He would just love to do that. Any input appreciated by us first time cruisers:cool:

Sort of. Sometimes a ship will disappear from the satillite feed, but this website is good: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-48.7/centery:43.6/zoom:2

Once zoomed into the ship's location, just click on the little ship symbol and you have the choice of showing "Past track" or "Future track" to see where the ship has traveled or is supposed to travel.

Using www.marinetraffic.com and typing in the name of your ship, he can follow your journey. If you can tell us your ports, we might be able to point you to some port cams that might show the ship in port. Unfortunately Viking Ocean does not have webcams on their ships. EM

That's an amazing website! Thanks for sharing this.