Seabourn Ovation - High Speed WiFi???

If you think the internet is slow now on SB, make it free.  ;(

After 10 SB cruises I do agree they should up their game with better bandwidth on their internet service but I'd rather put a stick in my eye than be on Royal's Oasis and get streaming video.

An an owner of 2 nationwide businesses, I do need to check my email from time to time.  I really would like to avoid all of SB's internet bandwidth being sucked up by 20 passengers streaming football games on a Sunday.  Sorry guys.

• 1 month later...

Just an update...recently off of Seabourn Encore.  Internet was better than Odyssey class ships.  Not sure if this is because Encore is newer with better satellite or geographically related.  Definitely not fast enough to stream, but was able to utilize voice over WiFi most of the time with no problem which was very helpful as I have no choice, but to keep in touch with my business.  We are leaving next week on Ovation and the staff I know on board says WiFi is rather good.  I'm sure as a Carnival product they will roll out some form of MedallionNet throughout their brands.  We were on Ruby Princess in late November (fresh out of drydock) and initial stages of MedallionNet were installed.  Impressive system overall including keyless cabin entry, enhanced in cabin entertainment options, a phone app (with texting) and high speed WiFi.  I thought this was very well done.  At the end of the day I wish we could truly get away and not have expectations of being available 24/7.  Being connected 24/7 is unfortunate, but for many the anxiety of not being is worse - especially if you own your own business.  How nice it would be to truly be able to unwind and disconnect except for emergencies.  Perhaps one day when I retire...ahhhh.

I just got off Ovation a few days ago and can confirm that the internet, on this cruise at least, was massively better than it has ever been for me on the O class ships. I was working 11 days out of the 14 we were onboard, and I did find that it was sometimes a challenge to connect in the evening, around 6pm-11pm local time. (We were doing Singapore to Hong Kong so time was +7 or +8 GMT). However, when I was connected it was fast. 

Speed depends on a variety of factors, including line of sight, how many others are sharing the same pipe and WiFi hotspot, and what they are doing bandwidth-wise, etc.  In Alaska last summer on the Sojourn the speed most times was pretty decent - but then again I don't try to stream video or other things that hog the bandwidth to the detriment of my fellow cruisers. Price however is totally consistent across the fleet, depending on your status.  For us it is $0.00 🙂 - then again we have spent $$$$ to date on Seabourn - and will continue to with no complaints.