Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

Enjoyed browsing your experience. We did the opposite just over a month ago. We loved Oasis and Harmony and decided to give Escape a try (in the Haven, no less). We did it backwards because Harmony is so good, it just made Escape kind of suck. We had an ok time but definitely a "won't do that again" feeling after and we were actually kind of happy to just get off that ship and go home by the end. Harmony is spectacular and it seems you really did it right.

Next time you are in town, visit Billy's Stone Crab. If you want actual local seafood, just make sure it's in season, then go there and go nuts on their stone crab claws. Rustic Inn is a favorite spot, too, though it seems it didn't hit the mark with you this time. We usually get a crab sampler there just to be kind of silly.

Edited by BNBR

Enjoyed browsing your experience. We did the opposite just over a month ago. We loved Oasis and Harmony and decided to give Escape a try (in the Haven, no less). We did it backwards because Harmony is so good, it just made Escape kind of suck. We had an ok time but definitely a "won't do that again" feeling after and we were actually kind of happy to just get off that ship and go home by the end. Harmony is spectacular and it seems you really did it right.

Next time you are in town, visit Billy's Stone Crab. If you want actual local seafood, just make sure it's in season, then go there and go nuts on their stone crab claws. Rustic Inn is a favorite spot, too, though it seems it didn't hit the mark with you this time. We usually get a crab sampler there just to be kind of silly.

I'm so sorry you hated the Escape! We loved them both!!! Different but would sail either in a heartbeat. Glad you have a cruise home though. It's a beautiful place for sure. Love crab. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry you hated the Escape! We loved them both!!! Different but would sail either in a heartbeat. Glad you have a cruise home though. It's a beautiful place for sure. Love crab. Thanks for the recommendation!!

I have never had to fly anywhere to cruise, so to me this feels normal. As I'm getting older I think I recognize and appreciate being so close. We were off Harmony and home in 20 minutes to enjoy the day.

The thing with Escape wasn't that we hated it, it was that it wasn't remotely as good as a ship like Harmony. It was way overcrowded, too. We love the Solarium, and as you pointed out, NCL doesn't have this... but this is why we booked Haven, not realizing that the Haven is a family circus with a total toddler takeover. With so many choices, our thoughts are more along the lines of "Why would we choose a ship like Escape over a ship like Harmony when we can sail either one?" Personally, I'd take an inside cabin on Harmony over a Haven suite on Escape, to us, it's just that much better!

Thanks for coming down and enjoying our great city, love seeing the pictures of your experiences.

Ha ha! I'd be PO'ed at a toddler takeover of the Haven too!!!

Complete takeover! The entire cruise. We still managed to have a good time. Heck, I don't think I was terribly negative.

Enjoyed the ride! Can’t wait until May for our HOTS trip and all the suggestions for drinks and desserts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad!!! Sitting in the airport now. Enjoy your upcoming trip!!

Thank you friend! Looking forward to your star class review!!

Hoping we can keep in touch. Our visit to nieces and nephews last night in NYC. There is the elusive Logan!

9a8e240db02f36ca6bff431531091e87.jpeg

L1211, I heard something about the water slides on Harmony. I can’t remember if you mentioned that the girls did the water slides or not.

Do the women have to wear a t-shirt or rash guard when going down the slides? Thank you for everything!

Thank you for sharing your vacation! You did such a wonderful job I feel like I was there even though it has been snowing on and off at home ...boo! I am dreaming of our trip on HOTS September 2019. It seems so far away yet I know it will be here and gone in the blink of an eye. Again, thank you for sharing and for helping with my planning!

I had no idea a fan was prohibited. It is not listed on the banned items list.

The person who packed it had the same surprise upon embarkation. Our Genie told us that she once saw a microwave on the table and we have seen strange items such as blenders. I honestly do not know if they are on the list but they were on the table.