Project Runway?

BlueHerons

So what'd everyone else think? I agreed with the choices tonight.

And I really like this season's contestants.

I agreed up until the final loser.

Sorry, don't know any of their names yet. But the guy that lost, shouldn't have, IMHO. His outfit was constructed the best out of the three, even if his choice of yellow gloves was weird.

I feel like they left Mr. Tan - who created a weird diaper-like outfit - in as a contestant because they they think he's going to be the next snarky little attention grabber. He's already competing w/ Christian from last season and instead of saying "fierce", he's saying ...liscious <?>.

And Miss Hefty bag was also terrible. She could have taken the thin trash bags and made something great. Crumpled them up and sewn then onto a muslin. She totally lacked any imagination when she realized the plastic was thinner than she thought. And if it had been the right plastic, all she would have done is make a leather-like outfit. I think she should have been eliminated for not having any imagination.

The guy they "aufed" had the most talent and vision of the three of them. I was really looking forward to seeing his work.

I totally agree with the winning style. A lot of imagination and elegance. Fit beautifully too. Good thing she had a flat chested model.

........I can't read this thread until after I watch the show in California.:D :D :D

I will say, though, that the designers are some of the most "interesting" people I've seen since leaving Los Angeles.:D :p

I'll be back later to add my 2 cents.

The Winners:

The winning (Kelly's) dress was fabulous!! Not only did she use a variety of "fabrics," but she also used several different strategies to add depth to the materials (the dye and bleach thing, burning the coffee filters, etc.) Lurved it!!

The blue dress was also really cool, but I think it would have been neat to use other colors for accessories or accents.

The Losers:

The Garbage Bag dress was crap!!! Why is she still here?? :eek:

The guy that did lose made a horrid looking outfit too, but at least he put in some effort! Although I don't think he executed it very well, the idea of a shower curtain as a raincoat was intriguing.

Same with the diaper looking outfit. The guy is weird and kind of creepy, and the outfit was bizarre, but at least he did something. The trash bag chick just wandered around most of the time and then slapped a couple of partly opened bags together and called it a day......pulllleeeeeze!!!

So, as I said......my two cents - that's all!

(And with hardly any smilies Curt);)

Of course, I'm looking forward to Curt's perspective and pictures.:D

Alice

I agree mostly with jane's and cigal's posts and don't really have anything much to add...based on the footage shown while the designers were making the outfits, I would agree that the garbage bag girl should have gone home first, before the shower curtain guy...but--assuming the judges only see the final product--I don't think it was apparent that he put in more effort and design work than she did...I think what sent him over the edge toward good-bye were those yellow dishwashing gloves

I think it's going to be another fun and interesting season...make it work!

...I would agree that the garbage bag girl should have gone home first, before the shower curtain guy...but--assuming the judges only see the final product--I don't think it was apparent that he put in more effort and design work than she did...I think what sent him over the edge toward good-bye were those yellow dishwashing gloves...

Good point tiger belle - I didn't think about that.

So the next time anyone is tempted to wear dishwashing gloves.......just ask yourself "Why?":eek:

Alice

:D :)

And . . . how could she have been surprised that the trash bags were so thin?

Doesn't everyone know which trash bags are the good, thick ones and which are the flimsy ones that rip? For her pure lack of common sense - that woman should have done home.

Doesn't everyone know which trash bags are the good, thick ones and which are the flimsy ones that rip? For her pure lack of common sense - that woman should have done home.

She must have thought they were outside leaf bags...you know

the ones? 30 gallon bags...but as you said, her common sense

seemed to be lacking...:eek: :rolleyes:

Oh when I saw what she did...I thought (and I DON't SEW) but I thought....anyone

could have put some garbage bags together and thrown it on....geeezz....

I did get to watch it though:)

And I also thought the blue cup dress was neat:)

I was happy with the winner. She seemed like she really thought about it. And, as for the loser, I could've flipped a coin between Stella and Jerry (?). I did think that he lacked personality and Stella seems like she could have something interesting to show us from her background, so no problems here so far.

Looks like it could be a good season.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue as to which bags were thick and which were thin. I've never bought garbage bags.

I'm not a designer, but in my head as I was watching I thought of two different ways she could have used the thin ones. That she couldn't, and she's supposedly a designer, says that she's a very narrow thinker.

It'll be interesting to see if she redeems herself next week.

Third for Korto.

1a7ecfc4894ff406e293a5da8ab5d388.jpg

rate_runway_11_501.jpg

I don't think she deserved it. Others were better and more innovative.

Maybe because it was a different silhouette than the others?

It was still a tablecloth, and glued on veggies.

I mean, isn't that essentially a bad day at a picnic?

(My Halloween costume is a lady who tripped over the picnic lunch).

...garbage bag girl should have gone home first, before the shower curtain guy...but--assuming the judges only see the final product--I don't think it was apparent that he put in more effort and design work than she did...

The judges are briefed before the runway show, if not about the designs, at least about the behind-the-scenes drama. And note this disclaimer that runs at the end of the show (really small and fast): ''The judges considered both their scores and input from the producers and Bravo in reaching their elimination decisions.'' In other words, garbage-bag lady makes for better TV than shower-curtain guy, so she stayed and he went. Bravo's other so-called reality shows, Top Chef and Step It Up and Dance, are run the same way.

Here's a few in the mid range pack that I think were far more innovative.

In no particular order.

Kenley

1b45b3679c3671bbeb011e69ff1e4c28.jpg

rate_runway_01_501.jpg

She molded those cheap rubber beach/dodge balls you get at the grocery store into a bustier. Then used lawn chair straps for the skirt.

Even the shape of the skirt is more original/fun.