Project Runway?

BlueHerons

That girl is an idiot. She will regret her decision to quit for the rest of her life. She has very possibly completely sabotaged her career before it got started. Once you quit on TV, you're seen as a quitter in life.

Hopefully she has a better reason than the lame excuse presented on TV.

Leave it to Anthony-------not only did he win a second chance, but he was a co-winner with the lovely gown he designed.

He might make it to Bryant Park afterall.

I thought that was WONDERFUL.....he gets aufed, brought back and then WINS, that's 2 for him now. It just shows that somene can have a bad day here or there. The way his dress moved was phenomenal.

Sea Bunny,

Something didn't ring true about her reason.

Edited by iheartbda

I thought that was WONDERFUL.....he gets aufed, brought back and then WINS, that's 2 for him now. It just shows that somene can have a bad day here or there. The way his dress moved was phenomenal.

Sea Bunny,

Something didn't ring true about her reason.

Anthony should only design for Heidi! That's when he wins (I know it will be Jessica Alba actually wearing his design, but his muse was Heidi) :)

I think Mila explained why Maya left best - she was talented, but didn't have the experience to be able to put on a full show. She needs time to find her own style. Maybe if she had won a competition, but she was never quite good enough. Seth Aaron was awesome defending her to the camera! He may not be my style, but I really want Seth Aaron to win. (He had me when he won the kid's challenge.)

I was so excited to see Anthony come back!

It's too bad Jonathan did such a disaster of a dress, I think most of his work has been pretty good so far. But I also got the feeling they kept Mila to have a woman on the show, it should have been Maya, however then no Anthony.

Mila's dress said nothing about red carpet, at least Jonathans dress could have been worn to a less formal red carpet event.

I still haven't quite forgiven Emilio for the horrid bathing suit he did on the hardware store competition, that was in such poor taste. I have to admit, though, his red carpet dress stole the show. My daughter liked Anthonys better, so we both were happy :)

I'd like to see Seth Aaron, Anthony and unfortunately Emilio for Bryant Park. I do like Jays personality better, but with the exception of the above mentioned bathing suit, Emilio has done better over all.

Jessica Alba made me want to puke! EVERYT statement out of her selfish little mouth was ALL about HER. Not one sentence could be about the designers. I just wanted to slap her....."hey this show isn't all about YOU B**CH"!

However, her totally "it's all about me, me me me" attitude did one thing, and that is, it gave Anthony a win.

It's only because Alba wants the dress for herself, that Anthony was a co-winner.

I really hate when they bring on well known women who are not in the fashion business. They don't know how to look at fashion, they don't understand it, they have no sense of style, and they generally are so self absorbed and self centered, they can only think in terms of how something would look on them. Eva Longoria did the same thing. She made the judging all about *her* taste, and she's no fashion plate.

I felt bad for Jonathan. He spent 8 hours creating an intricate fabric and then Heidi walked into the workroom, she said it looked like curtains. He was totally stuck.

I liked Maya's dress, however it was a dinner dress, not a red carpet dress. I'm surprised at her.

Edited by Jane110

I just discovered that Seth Aaron's designs are available in a local boutique .. or at least will be soon since his last two collections are sold out. I will be watching for the next one since I find some of his work really fantastic.

Hey everyone!

I'm not even looking back or reading this thread, but I've had several people contact me in Floataway Lounge to let me know that people "missed" me here.:o

I've been swamped with real life "fashion" work, especially with all the award season here from January through March.:)

American Idol running live at the same time has only added to extra work for me.

Project Runway has just been at bad timing this year.:(

As I said, I'm not reading the thread - I've got it all on Tivo, so I will eventually get to all of it.

If anyone wants to get my commentary in retrospect as I watch the show back on Tivo later on = then please let me know in Floataway Lounge.

If so, then I'll come back here and do a chronological week by week.

Sorry, but I've been busy in a great way.

Let me know.;)

No surprises here. It was highly doubtful they'd send someone to the big show who they'd already eliminated once.

I suspect the main reason for the Mila/Jay thing is to keep a woman in a bit longer??

I'm kinda over Mila.

I'm still thinking Seth Aaron for the win, but it's not a hugely strong feeling.

Well, Mila is in, Jay is aufed. I wasn't hugely thrilled with Jay's designs, despite all the "forward thinking" comments. I don't think most women want to have extra padding, ruffles, what have you in areas like the hips -- which he featured on so many of his designs.

I don't think Mila will win, but her clothes are well done and certainly will appeal to a certain group.

I am interested to see what Seth Aaron and Emilio brought to the show after the criticisms they got from Tim Gunn!

Heidi really fought for Mila (or so the editing indicated). I thought Jay's stuff was more interesting but a little sci-fi in shape.

Like CruiseMom, I'm really interested in seeing how the other two react to Tim's comments. I seem to recall that Tim didn't care much for Emilio's design with the very graphic print and Emilio won that one. Is that real or just my bad memory?

You should go to the lifetime website and read Tim's blog .. her is very vocal about a couple of the designers and the editing ;)

Still hoping Seth Aaron wins ..

I thought Mila's black and white (what else) coat was wonderful once they took the cowl thing off .. Jay's stuff does not look all that flattering on the models and if that is the case I imagine how it would look on a person with a normal body . not good I imagine.

I was pleasantly surprised to like all of the collections tonite .. so now it is just personality and (selfishness .. SA is a local boy .. and that means I could see more of his stuff) that makes me really happy with the results!!

I was pleasantly surprised to like all of the collections tonite .. so now it is just personality and (selfishness .. SA is a local boy .. and that means I could see more of his stuff) that makes me really happy with the results!!

I don't think it was selfishness, even being a hometown boy.:)

Mila didn't do it for me tonight, like they said, she didn't really have any surprises although they loved her things. Black, gray and white are her signature colors and that was a bit much for me. Some I liked, the dots, herring bone dress with the stipped leggings and some I didn't.

I really like Emilio's things but that's because I would wear his clothes and maybe I was drawn to the colors. His gown was spectacular just not sure about the slits when she walked. I would have liked to see all of them include a gown.

Now Seth Aaron, IMO hit the ball out of the park. They are not things I would wear but I do appreciate his innovative designs, tailoring and workmanship and I think he was deserving of the win.

Kathy, where to you always manage to come up with these interesting articles? I think it's Sea Bunny who posted a link to closeups of the dresses so I hope she posts it again. We miss so much in the short time we actually see them as well as all the detailing.

I also liked all three collections last night. Mila's was very Mila-----Black & white is one of my favorite color combos. I would wear some of her things.

Emilio's collection was spectacular and very well made. Everything was wearable for most women. I loved the coats.

Seth Aaron really kicked it up with his red dress. I think he took Tim's advice & changed some things. It was hard for me to decide between him & Emilio, but I'm glad that he won.

When does the next season start? I anxiously await.

Barb

I felt like Seth Aaron was the clear winner, excepting that purple monstrosity. I really loved that fitted houndstooth pants suit. I am so not his market but his collection was "fashion" without a doubt. Well deserved.

Emilio just didn't do it for me at all. I'm pretty sure everything he showed you can buy already. Maybe not that belt that appeared a bunch. Of course, I still haven't forgiven him for the bathing suit, either.

Personally, I loved Mila's clothes. Heck, this fat lady could actually wear some of her pieces. Even when I was quite slim, my personal style has always leaned towards large tops and tiny (either short or narrow) bottoms. So she hit all my buttons.

Here's a link to the clothes on the Lifetime site:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-7-episode-14#id=1

Until next time...

I just watched the finale (both parts) a second time as I had mixed feelings after the first viewing. I found myself most attracted to Mila's clothes. Although I was hoping for a Seth Aaron win before the fashion show, and although I did like his show very much, somehow I was not as "sold" as I thought I would be. He did step it up a notch from his earlier efforts, I agree.

On the other hand, I had practically no response at all to Emilio's show. Just sat there thinking "oh-kay; nice, well-made coats -- where is the Emilio we saw all season?"

All in all, I think Seth Aaron had to be the winner. But I'd have put Mila over Emilio.

Finally, I just want to say how much more I enjoyed this season than last. Please Project Runway -- stay in New York! And keep some consistency in your judges. The show doesn't work as well otherwise......

• 3 weeks later...

When will the new season begin? Hopefully we won't have to wait to long.

I would like to see Mila design a line of black & white patterned jeans & jean jackets for the ready to wear market.

Years ago I had a pair of black & white striped jeans. I'd love to have a similar pair, mid-rise with straight or slim legs.

Barb

• 1 month later...

I am answering my own question. A recent news article stated that the next season of Project Runway will be starting in late July. According to Heidi, the shows will be 90min, to accomodate more drama.

Hopefully, "Models of the Runway," will return also.

• 4 weeks later...
I am answering my own question. A recent news article stated that the next season of Project Runway will be starting in late July. According to Heidi, the shows will be 90min, to accomodate more drama.

Hopefully, "Models of the Runway," will return also.

Looks like you missed this.;):)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226918