Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Ok .. which was worse .. Casanova's whatever that was or Anthony's nuts and bolts bikini from last season ???

Poor guy, I figure they just kept him on out of sympathy since he lost his $1K D&G pants in the challenge....;)

I'm a little surprised at who they did send home. I think I'm going to get tired of Ivey real quick....

I'm a little surprised at who they did send home. I think I'm going to get tired of Ivey real quick....

I kind of like Ivy, but I was also surprised that they sent McKell home instead of Jason -- his garment was simply a stapled mess, and I don't see how they saw anything at all interesting in it!

I kind of like Ivy, but I was also surprised that they sent McKell home instead of Jason -- his garment was simply a stapled mess, and I don't see how they saw anything at all interesting in it!

I was never expecting McKell to be eliminated. Like Heidi said: Did Jason even use the sewing machine? And if not - why?

re: Jason -- ugh, I agree. I have to wonder if they are keeping him on for the potential drama....?

I did not like the way Ivey took the judges' comments. Contestents generally don't last too long if they refuse to listen to what the judges are saying about their designs...

I did not like the way Ivey took the judges' comments. Contestents generally don't last too long if they refuse to listen to what the judges are saying about their designs...

That's a good point - it did annoy me that she seemed to keep arguing.

Heidi made the comment that McKells' dress was butt ugly. I have to say while her dress wasn't all that great, what the heck was that Casanova and the Kimono guy thinking? I've seen trash bags look better than the Kimono....stapled????

Casanova made the comment he thought his "dress" was sexy without being vulgar. Excuse me, what woman would be caught dead in that disaster? If he really thought that was not vulgar, the guy has no taste.

I do agree that the time allotment wasn't much, but I think people who are supposed to know how to sew can finish seams and sew (without stapling) in 5+ hours. That inside out tuxedo is a good example, finishing the raw seams should have been her first priority. It wasn't deconstructed, merely cut apart.

But it was fun to watch some of the train wrecks come down the catwalk :). Now I can't wait for the real season to begin!

Edited by Happy ks

but I was also surprised that they sent McKell home instead of Jason -- his garment was simply a stapled mess, and I don't see how they saw anything at all interesting in it!

I so agree. At least Mckell's was well sewn. Jason's wasn't sewn at all and wasn't even an interesting concept or design.

This season is going to be interesting!! In fact it already is!!! But whats up with sending McKell home and not Jason or even Ivey??? Lets see making a pair of pants out of a pair of pants?? and the mess that Jason had ?????

I think I'm totally out of touch here! I didn't think McKell's dress was "butt ugly" especially next to Casanova's whatever that was & Jason's demented monk's robe :rolleyes:...I also have to admit, I didn't think the original pants Ivey got were as awful as they thought (I must be showing my age & rural home town :D:D:D) but didn't understand why - after making that blouse and not doing a whole lot to the pants - and arguing with the judges to boot! - they didn't send Ivey home. As an aside - after watching Project Runway for several seasons, why do you suppose they all pulled out the best or most expensive piece they had from their luggage? You'd think they'd expect "But there's a TWIST!"

Edited by cooncat_mom

I think I'm totally out of touch here! I didn't think McKell's dress was "butt ugly" especially next to Casanova's whatever that was & Jason's demented monk's robe :rolleyes:...I also have to admit, I didn't think the original pants Ivey got were as awful as they thought (I must be showing my age & rural home town :D:D:D) but didn't understand why - after making that blouse and not doing a whole lot to the pants - and arguing with the judges to boot! - they didn't send Ivey home. As an aside - after watching Project Runway for several seasons, why do you suppose they all pulled out the best or most expensive piece they had from their luggage? You'd think they'd expect "But there's a TWIST!"

Heidi said the dress was "butt ugly".

I agree totally with you re: the contestants taking something from their luggage & not thinking there would be twist/reason. You would think they would have watched the previous seasons.

Ivey will be player you LOVE or LOVE to Hate. I'm the latter. I'm sure the producers have a say in who stays and who goes. They are looking for DRAMA.

I'm in agreement that the wrong person was sent home. I would have liked to have seen more from McKell.

Jason turning around a kimono and stapling the back was horrendous, even if he did do a little stitching in the front, and Casnova's piece was ugly and tasteless. I also think Casanova has either a language problem with english or a slight learning disability. We'll see.....

Ivey did a poor job by taking a pair of butt ugly pants and making them into a pair of.....butt ugly pants. So much more could have been done with that fabric, and she knows how to sew.

The fact that Peaches brought those as something to wear in NYC, makes me question her taste level. The dress she made was well done and pretty and well within her comfort zone of conservative ladylike clothing. I hope she's not going to be just a Lily Pulitzer-like designer to garden club ladies.

I thought it was really mean to make Casanove give up a pair of $1100. pants for this challange. I'm hoping that they compensated him the cost behind the scenes.

I hope she's not going to be just a Lily Pulitzer-like designer to garden club ladies.

Hey now........I don't belong to a garden club, my thumb does not even approach being green but I do have some Lilly. :D

I thought it was really mean to make Casanove give up a pair of $1100. pants for this challange. I'm hoping that they compensated him the cost behind the scenes.

I wondered about the pants....he must have been in tears.

Does anyone know if there's a rerun of the show anytime? I was sewing at the time and couldn't give the show my full attention.

Heidi said the dress was "butt ugly".

I agree totally with you re: the contestants taking something from their luggage & not thinking there would be twist/reason. You would think they would have watched the previous seasons.

Ivey will be player you LOVE or LOVE to Hate. I'm the latter. I'm sure the producers have a say in who stays and who goes. They are looking for DRAMA.

If you read the credits after the show, it does state the producers have a say in what the outcome will be. I am positive they kept people on personality/weirdness this time.

I can't remember the guys name (too lazy to look it up) but at the opening, he stated his little hat was being worn to intimidate (or something like that) the other contestants. I thought he looked a little more like a Mr. Potato Head in it...rather silly.

Oh gawd I love to dish on this show, so happy it's back :)

Hey now........I don't belong to a garden club, my thumb does not even approach being green but I do have some Lilly. :D

I wondered about the pants....he must have been in tears.

Does anyone know if there's a rerun of the show anytime? I was sewing at the time and couldn't give the show my full attention.

It will air on Thursday, before the new episode. Check your guide for time.

So Jason is gone ... good news there I was afraid they would keep him for the "drama".. but that was just a pitiful outfit.

If you didn't see Tim Gunn's video on facebook today .. all of the ambulances in the promos that weren't seen in the episode were for ...

first .. Tim was taken away .. then Jason .. then another designer and he couldn't remember which one. Tim has a mild form of epilepsy and he had an episode during taping so he wasn't there to tell the designer to clean out his space .. they taped that later but Jason couldn't be there so they just said he left .. interesting.

While hometown loyalty makes me want Gretchen to win .. I thought Valerie's red dress was the one to beat .. I was wrong again.

Just got back from Seth Aaron Henderson's trunk show .. cute new things .. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

I think the best comment of the night was about the pins......"the judges will just have to overlook them".:D:D:D Did he say he was going to but buckles but didn't have time? Then in the critique he said they were meant to be there.

I LOVED the photo shots when there was a chance to get a better look at the garments. I must say that even the the worst of the worst looked decent, but there was nothing that could help the REALLY bad.:p It's also kind of interesting to hear more about what the contestants think of each other's garments

Naturally, or should I say un-naturally, Michael Kors had his obligatory orange tan.:p

Now.....On the Road with Santino and Austin. Is anyone else loving this show? I was laughing out loud so many time....Ausin doing the workout, Santino in the bubble bath, Austin in the birthday suit. So many funny moments but 2 who are so different are working together and coming up with some nice things for which the person they are designing.

Edited by iheartbda

Now.....On the Road with Santino and Austin. Is anyone else loving this show? I was laughing out loud so many time....Ausin doing the workout, Santino in the bubble bath, Austin in the birthday suit. So many funny moments but 2 who are so different are working together and coming up with some nice things for which the person they are designing.

Absolutely!! It is hilarious .. who da thought it would be as fun as it is !!

Thanks for the explanation re: the ambulances -- I was wondering if I'd missed something?!?!?!?

I agree Jason was the clear "ouf" but was a little surprised they decided to cut two this week. Guess they just want to keep them all on their toes. I felt bad that Nicholas took it so hard...

I thought both Gretchen's outfit and Valerie's red dress were win-worthy. I have to admit I liked Gretchen's a bit more as it would be more my style.

Austin and Santino -- the new Odd Couple?