Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I have noticed that Michael is always happy for the winning designer. He shows real class. Remember last year when the designers did a switch-a-roo of models? All the designers went crazy..... This is just a different breed of designers or maybe different editing......

I am not pleased with the results of tonite's show. Milk maid should have been auf'ed..... I'll leave it as that until the West Coasters have seen the show.

Okay, so I've just been waiting....

Read back through any of my previous posts, and see where I was giving scoops, without revealing any "spoilers"....

Just saying...

CJW

PS ALL of them are going to do well and get "jobs" after this...

PPS Keep looking back, and see if any of my info shows up in the coming weeks...

I thought the show was a bit funky last night..that is

just MY opinion:rolleyes:

I have really been enjoying it this season...though to be totally

honest I didn't watch any of it prior to this season either.

But none of the outfits wowed me at all last night.

I did think Uli stepped out of her comfort zone and was pleased

she won.

I also agree (as I have said before) if you put

a picture of "Class" in the dictionary...it would be Michael.

It seemed to me they gave them freedom last night to do

the BEST they could.......it just didn't seem to me that

came through....

Oh well, they don't care what I think anyway.....

What happens after the reunion episode next week?

I've been waiting for two long weeks for last nights episode. I FELL ASLEEP! Please fill me in on the challange and outcome, PLEASE! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm so happy to have found this thread!

Terri

I ended up watching the Terry Irwin interview with my oldest, who asked to stay up to watch it. I figured they'd re-run PR again, but maybe not that.

Although Jeffreys dress was rather blah in comparison to some of what he has done, it was probably my favorite, to date, that he has done. It would be nice to see it more refined, perhaps with a shorter skirt, or a different material in the skirt, something softer that drapes nicer? I keep hearing he's rock and roll, he's edgy, but I don't really see much of that at all in his designs.

I'll have to agree with the judges on this one, the only one who "got" the competition was Uli and a little bit Laura. Both of them had their signature styles, Uli was different, Laura was pretty much the same. Although, I'd wear the Uli dress as a top, too short for me! Lauras dress was gorgeous.

I thought Michaels dress was pretty, I could see it at an awards show. I wished he would have had his models hair done up, her hair was hiding the top of the dress.

It is nice that all of them got to make it to Fashion Week. Next weeks show will be kind of weird, all of them back, dishing and bickering on their experience. I'll be drawn to it like an accident, I don't really want to see or hear that, but when it gets close, I know I won't be able to help myself. The only part I don't care for and the reason I don't watch much reality TV is, because I don't care for the bickering. Having 2 teens at home I already hear enough.

So, the "twist" was what I was hoping for: a final four rather than a final three. (And yes, I know that all 4 showed at Fashion Week, but in the past they have done the same thing -- but only 3 of them were actually in the competition still.)

To summarize for Terri or whoever missed it: The designers had 2 days and $250 to come up with a piece that represented their style and point of view. The winner gets a page spread in Elle magazine. (They visited Nina in her office and got some "tutoring" on what Elle -- and fashion editors in general -- look for when deciding what to feature.

They also had to pick 3 adjectives from a list to describe their outfit/point of view.

Models were re-picked. Laura (as previous winner) went first and picked her usual model. Uli snagged Michael's model and he was NOT happy (but still was his usual nice Michael self.) I can't remember who Michael and Jeffrey picked.

Jeffrey and Laura seemed to have a clear idea of what they wanted to do from the start; Uli and Michael were a less focused. Jeffrey wanted to show he could do something different and so opted to do a "romantic" dress (his words!) in red, white, and blue. Laura decided to go with her signature look only "better than she's ever done it before" (again, her words) -- hence, a simple but elegant pale pink cocktail dress with beading.

Michael had a mini meltdown, he had no real idea of what he was doing (other than that he wanted a sexy dress) until the end of day 1. Uli had a plan and bought her usual killer print, then decided after beginning work that the dress was too much the same (reinforced by Tim Gunn). She undid all her work from day 1 and basically started from ground zero with only a few hours to finish. Surprisingly, she pulled it out, even with the last-minute "twist" that the designers would only have until 5pm to finish their outfits (rather than the usual full day).

At 5pm, the models came in, were fitted, then the designers had to go out somewhere in the city and photograph their own creations in a setting that reflected the "story" and point of view. The designers were actually pretty creative in doing this -- for instance, Uli and her model found a street band playing and joined in, etc. The photos were attached to the sheet with the 3 adjectives and given to the judges before runway.

The judges thought Michael's "sexy, sultry" dress was a mess (and IMHO they were right), and they opined that they were really hoping to see more of his sportswear, which he seems to do very well. The dress had a gaping keyhole opening in front, and some funky fabric weaving across the waist that wasn't particularly flattering.

Laura got chastised a bit for doing her "usual" but Michael Kors commented that it was impeccably made, and Heidi ventured that she would wear ANY of the dresses Laura had made so far. Laura's words to describe her look were something like "simple, elegant, glamorous".

Jeffrey's dress left them scratching their heads. It was not what they were expecting (in a bad way, not a good way). I think he had a vision of what he wanted to pull off, he just didn't seem to execute it as well as he should have. It wasn't bad -- but it certainly didn't look like Jeffrey's normal "point of view". (His words were "romantic, provocative, and I can't remember the third.)

Uli was the only one that really seemed to live up to the challenge. Her dress was short and more fitted (not long and flowy), but still had her signature print (beautifully matched in the front). She had a high-collared neckline and a keyhole slit (much more modest and wearable than what Michael did) in front, with some pretty trim. (Her words were "fun, life, and adventure".) IMO, Nazri is the best model of the bunch, and having her really helped Uli. She's stunning and makes whatever she's wearing look better.

After deliberation, Uli won the challenge, then Laura was told she was "in". Jeffrey and Michael, after a little additional chastising, were also told that they would be in and no one was "auf'd" because the judges wanted them all to have a chance to show at Fashion Week.

(And there was much rejoicing.)

Like the judges said last night Jeffrey's dress looked like it was for a milk maid. I thought it was his worse yet.

I liked Uli's dress and Laura's dress was beautiful but I'm getting tired of those low cut necklines.....how many women out there could actually wear that look....couldn't have any boobs at all.:eek:

Thanks so much for the run-down on last nights show! I was so angry with myself when I woke up this morning.

I'm going to watch it tonight at 6pm... more good information that I wouldn't have known had I not found this thread.

Crusing on NCL Dawn on 10/29/06, so I was happy to see that PR will be over by then, no more episodes to miss!

Have a great day!

Terri

To summarize for Terri or whoever missed it:

First of all, what an incredible summary! Great job!;)

IMO, Nazri is the best model of the bunch, and having her really helped Uli. She's stunning and makes whatever she's wearing look better.

Secondly, mmmmm, you are so right, I love me some Nazri!:D

Stunning!

CJW

I do have to say this episode actually made Jeffery look human. It was funny watching him run around with Uli's first thought on her dress. He is kind of like a naughty little boy, reminds me of my nephews. But I am just way to old for his designs so do not like them.

I really like that all four are moving forward. I think they have this year four very talented and diverse people. And I think the judges are having a struggle trying to decide.

Thanks to CJW posting picturs of their collections, it's interesting to see how what they showed 'Wednesday' reflected their big show.

Michael was over the top sexy. How funny that the judges kept talking about him and sportswear in this episode. Then when his collection was all sexy vixens.

Uli's dress in this episode was a step forward for her, and IMHO her collection continued that trend. She's a major contender. I'd give it to her (and she has NOT been my favorite).

Laura's dress in this episode was all Laura. But I thought her show was a disaster. Maybe all those pregnancy hormones are not a good thing.

I just can't get into Jeffry's look that much. But I do feel his ultimate show reflected everything else he did.

I'm so glad they had al lfour go forward. It's kinda stupid to say three are getting to present shows when four are actually doing it. Of course, like most viewers, I wasn't aware of that until finding this thread. But still...

Now, let the reunion *itch fest begin.

are in Macy's Windows from some of the recent shows.

Michael Knights vixen outfit looked good.

Surprised how bad Jeffrey's winning cotoure looked in person compared to TV.

Uli's little short dress looked amazing on TV.

Live, I couldn't see anyone buying it.

Laura' Bennet's little black lace number looked good live though.

I was surprised how some of the stuff just looked a whole lot better on TV.

Bernadette

Bernadette,

Any idea how long the dresses will be in Macy's windows?

I hate that area and generally try to avoid it, but I'd love to see the dresses up close.

Which windows.....Broadway, 7th Ave or along 34th Street?

Thanks,

Jane

Bernadette,

Any idea how long the dresses will be in Macy's windows?

I hate that area and generally try to avoid it, but I'd love to see the dresses up close.

Which windows.....Broadway, 7th Ave or along 34th Street?

Thanks,

Jane

Jane, go run and look on your lunch hour!:D I'd LOVE to hear your opinion on the dresses!

Jane, go run and look on your lunch hour!:D I'd LOVE to hear your opinion on the dresses!

What's a lunch hour? :D

Okay, I'll try and get there this week....but just for you dahlink.... I really HATE getting anywhere near Macy's!

are in Macy's Windows from some of the recent shows.

Michael Knights vixen outfit looked good.

Surprised how bad Jeffrey's winning cotoure looked in person compared to TV.

Uli's little short dress looked amazing on TV.

Live, I couldn't see anyone buying it.

Laura' Bennet's little black lace number looked good live though.

I was surprised how some of the stuff just looked a whole lot better on TV.

Bernadette

Thank you for your observation. It's nice to hear about how different they look in person.

I wish they had Kayne's formal gown in the window. I liked it but sometimes something like that could look way over the top in person.