Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Hi Ladies, I'm just going to jump in on this one!! I love Project Runway and am so excited to find this thread here!!! Can't wait to read everything!! I love Kayne for some reason, he just seems adorable but he hasn't proven himself to be the best yet. Angela drives me crazy and her mother seemed to have a similar personality. The dress Jeffrey designed for mom was REALLY ugly!:rolleyes:

Is it Wednesday yet??!!;)

I can't beleive I'm posting to this thread but I love this show. Watch it with the wife at least twice a week (we TIV), best invention ever :-)). I just wanted to comment about Jeffrey. I think that all Jeffrey had to do was say "I'm sorry sweetheart but you asked for blue and purple but I just couldn't find a flattering green . The money's spent so let's just try to make the best of it."

The show is about drama and just like Santino not being booted when his dree literally fell apart on the runway Jeffrey won't be booted early on because the show needs drama and confrontation.

To my mind Uli has the best eye for texture and print which clearly wows the judges. Laura is an excellent tailor but she is so one dimensional in her design. vincent seems to always be on the verge of a breakdown. Michael is clearly the Daniel of this show. Angela is a bit too emotional for me. Kayne will get caught up in the party ball syndome, not every dress can be a pageant dress. Robert, well Barbi designs are for a very young audience and not very realistic in real life, never liked any of his stuff.

That's my take for now....

Neil

Is it just me or does anyone else find Heidi's outfits sort of 60's and 70's retro? She is supposed to be the height of fashion but I haven't liked many of her outfits this season. Many of the outfits by the designers on the show were far more fashionable than the professional designer clothes she is wearing.

No, I love what Heidi is wearing. I think whomever is dressing her is doing a fantastic job.

Remember, she is supposed to be a little out there, it is Project Runway not Project J.Crew.

I think that Heidi Klum is in early stages of pregnancy when these episodes were being filmed. Not sure if that was making a difference in the styling of her clothes

Yes, another "Seal Baby" (those kids are going to be stunning!).

They are a very happy couple.

New episode tonight, that is not on here yet, (and I haven't even gotten to post about last week's espisode yet - been a super busy week - oh and yeah Momma Wild had a lot to say about the episode;) ).

I won't check back in here, until I get to watch it, which might not be until Thursday - sigh:( .

Carry on!

CJW

PS Oh yeah, when I check back, I have a bunch of good insider scoops on this past episode that really explains a lot of what was going on...

So, much was missing from the editing...:eek:

PPS I'm still all over Michael and Uli as in the final three. Just not sure who the third will be, I think it could change week by week.

Hi,:) I watched last night too.....I think this thread is open for all

of us to comment...wrp,..I don't think we need to wait.

Quote:

"Well Curt, since I HAVE watched this week's episode should

I wait to comment"?

Angela was outed and Jeffrey's outfit was definitely him.

Though I still do not like him at all...to be honest, in my

opinion, his dark side is way out there.....I realize

we all have good and bad days and I am sure it is

"for the ratings" but he (in my opinion again) is not

a nice person at all.

I also think Michael and Uli will be in the finals.

My thoughts.

Uli is the master of prints, but she's getting repetitive.

Kayne: What is he thinking? He was obviously channelling Liberace.

Laura: I really love her work. I'd wear everything she's designed.

Jeffery: Insufferable. I don't care about his work because he's so obnoxious.

Angela: Good choice to go home.

Michael: He should really win this thing.

I forgot someone. I'm sure of it. Who?

the show needs some masking tape for jeffrey's obnoxious, arrogant comments. All his stuff he has designed are all for the rock and roller. I loved Uli's dress, I'd wear it on my next plane flight and cruise. Micheal should have won, I loved the pants and shirt he designed. What was kayne thinking? He seems to be floundering. Laura is classic. Vincent played it safe, nothing special about his design. Can't wait till next week, wish I was in Paris

Yes, I agree it was time to send Angela home -- she had a few good minutes, but she doesn't seem like she's in the league with some of the other designers on the show. (At least the ones still left!)

I felt a little sorry for Vincent (never designed menswear); but I thought he did okay considering. He didn't look great in that outfit, but put it on a Brad Pitt and I think it would look fine.

Kayne -- what WERE you thinking? I loved the comment from one of the judges that he looked like a poor imitation of a pop star.

Michael and Jeffrey were the ones who hit it, IMHO. They both looked great.

Laura -- I'm not sure jet setter was what her dress said, but it was LOVELY and it did travel well. I'm glad she decided to do something different.

Uli -- see above. You need to do something a little different, girl! Still, I love her stuff and could completely wear it on a cruise.

Anyone else think this show's getting a little whickety whack, what with the "average woman" episode last week and the "trip to Paris" this week? Are we channeling "America's Next Top Model" much? Hmmm....

First off I think it was time for Angela to go. She just got carried away with the rosettes. I thought Tim hit it right on the head with his "Holly Hobby" comment. Unfortunately Angela thought that was good. I think she should consider designing children's clothing. My DDs (3 & 5) would love the rosettes and would look really cute in them. I thought it was cruel to fly her to Paris and then turn around and put her back on a plane home. Hopefully the return ticket was first class too!

The reason that I like Michael, for the winner is that he is open to Tim's suggestions. He does not seem to have that ego that prevents him from seeing an alternate view of things. I think that Tim is really good at what he does and if they would listen to him, they would do very well. Of course, it helped that he did not need hair and makeup for the show!

Jeffry is the conflict for the show, I do not think he will win because no one will want to work with him. He will stay around for a while to stir things up. What I do not know is who his next target will be. Laura seems the obvious choice because she will bite back but if the producers want tears he will probably target Kayne. Kayne is wounded by CM's comment that he looked ridiculous, so he is easy prey.

I think that if Uli does not try something new this next time, she is in trouble and may not make the final 3.

Vincent can last one more round if he stays safe and then I think he is gone.

OMG! I laughed my butt off at this episode!

Jeffry was fantastic! He is rock and roll!

Kanye, honey, Liberace and Elvis are already both dead.

Vincent, I wear that exact outfit (but not cargo pants) often when I fly.

Michael, fabulous.

Uli, LOVED that dress! It was so cute!

Angela, it was only a matter of time. She's so far out of her league.

My next picks to go home are Vincent and Kanye.

First off I think it was time for Angela to go. She just got carried away with the rosettes. I thought Tim hit it right on the head with his "Holly Hobby" comment. Unfortunately Angela thought that was good. I think she should consider designing children's clothing. My DDs (3 & 5) would love the rosettes and would look really cute in them. I thought it was cruel to fly her to Paris and then turn around and put her back on a plane home. Hopefully the return ticket was first class too!

Agree! It was time for her to go. Whether you love or hate the rosettes, anyone that would use linen as a travel fabric, clearly shows they're not thinking. I agree she might be a good childrenswear designer, good thought. Someone commented her work was "crafty" and they were right. She might do well as craftfairs. I also wondered if her return plane ticket back would still be in First! LOL!! ACtually, if I were her, I would have said, "hey, I'm already here, might as well get a hotel room and stay for a few nights and see Paris". First class tickets are exchangable, so why not?

The reason that I like Michael, for the winner is that he is open to Tim's suggestions. He does not seem to have that ego that prevents him from seeing an alternate view of things. I think that Tim is really good at what he does and if they would listen to him, they would do very well. Of course, it helped that he did not need hair and makeup for the show!

Agree again. Michael designs to please and is easy to work with. His looks are always polished. He's definitely a potential winner.

Jeffry is the conflict for the show, I do not think he will win because no one will want to work with him. He will stay around for a while to stir things up. What I do not know is who his next target will be. Laura seems the obvious choice because she will bite back but if the producers want tears he will probably target Kayne. Kayne is wounded by CM's comment that he looked ridiculous, so he is easy prey.

Again, you're spot on in my opinion.

I think that if Uli does not try something new this next time, she is in trouble and may not make the final 3.

I think Ulli got a raw deal last night and was criticized unfairly.

She's been complimented on her prints and soft feminine looks all season, THEN, when the competition is to design for HERSELF, of course she's going to design something that's her signature style! If they're going to comment negatively on her signature look, that was not the right competition to do it in.

Then they criticized her by saying her dress would only work well in Miami, the Carribbean, St. Tropez,.....well that's exactly the kinds of places she travels to. So again, since the task was to design for oneself, she did it beautifully.

It would be like criticizing Jeffrey's and Vincent's outfit because they would look silly in St. Tropez or the Carribbean. Both those guys are big city guys and that's what their designs reflected.

So in that regard, the criticism for Uli was ridiculous, stupid and illogicial.

Vincent can last one more round if he stays safe and then I think he is gone.

As soon as I learned that one of the judges was from Calvin Klein, I knew Vincent would get compliments from him. Yes, his outfit was very simple - it looked just like a typical Calvin Klein. Vincent never created a man's outfit before, so it's unrealistic to expect his tailoring to be perfect, so I think he did a terrific job. If his fabric budget were larger and he could buy cashmere and gorgeous gabardine, it would be a knock out.

KAYNE - I think his gown business will thrive and I think he can now add a new dimension to his business - designing for Ice Skaters! He'll loose, but he's going on to do well in his niche.

LAURA - Her clothes are non-stop gorgeous. Flawless. She won't win because I don't think they'll give start-up money to a pregnant woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets offered a position as a head designer for Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren.

Vincent...you forgot Vincent

Perhaps because the clothes he made were so forgettable? The pants were OK, they were pants, the top looked like a top (a poorly designed one) for a woman. He probably would have gone home if Kayne and Angela didn't blow it so bad.

Kayne? He's a costume designer.

Angela? Thank goodness she's finally gone. I cannot believe she outlived so many of the prior designers who left before her.

Uli, I love her work, but was not crazy for this particular piece. For me, it was not a good travel dress, too much fabric to look after.

Laura's dress was beautiful, as always. She stays so close to her own style of dressing, which I think is a good thing. I think she could have a good line of clothing that women who like her stuff can depend on. I love her sewing skills and I love classic lines. I would buy anything she's made so far, perhaps not the sailor skirt from last week, but the blouse, yes.

Michael, he's such a nice guy and has a good sense of what's going on around him. He doesn't produce the drama, which may hurt him towards the end. Unless the producers decide they need cat fights and more drama towards the end of the season. Reading through the credit roll last night I did see that the producers have a say after the judges decision - I thought so. That actually reduces the credibility of the show, the judges should be the judges, not the producers.

Jeffrey made a flashy outfit that would work for a rock star. I wasn't crazy for it, but that is just not a look I care for. I'm so sick of seeing those stupid tatoos on his neck. I'm so sick of listening to the rude comments he makes. He's what my DH calls a "little man". While his look may be flashy, it's also outdated and has already been done to death. (I suppose the producers and editors have accomplished what they want, they want people to dislike Jeffrey ;) )

I'm not in the least sorry for anyone who got a free first class trip to Paris. Although she got kicked off the show, I would not be the least bit surprised if she got to stay a few days. Although, were they really in Paris? Did they really go to the airport? Where were all the normal crowds of people at the airport and in the plane? Have we all been deceived???

Thank goodness Little Miss Craft Fair is on her way back to the farm. I hated everything that woman made. She never met a rosette, pompom, yoyo, or granny square that she didn't like. Absolutely loved Tim's remark about the outfit being "Holly Hobby".

Kane was most assuredly channeling Elvis and Liberace. He looks like such a cute little leprecan. I am afraid that his days may be numbered though. He is too much of a costume and beauty pagent designer. He is great at what he does but it's not really practical for real world stuff.

Jeffery, oh my, he's just awful. Potty-mouthed meanie. I know he had issues with Angela and her mom, but give it a break already. The rhinestone crotch just was icky; why not just get a flashing neon arrow to point the way. The tattoos well let's just say I hope he uses some of the money he gets from the show to get laser removal of most of them. The neck tattoo just makes his neck look like it's eight feet wide and the head is micromini size and pointy.

Vincent. Very classic but boring. It would have gotten poor Robert Best bumped if he were still on the show.

Laura. Hated the color of the outfit She is an excellent seamstress and it was very Laura.

Ulli. Loved the outfit. She seems to have the best eye for striking prints. Ithink she is a shoo in for a spot in the final Top Three.

Michael. Loved the outfit and usually don't like Hip Hop themed clothes. This guy is a real winner. He comes back week after week with some thing new and wonderfully executed. I sure hope he gets in the final Top Three. In fact, I hope he takes it all the way to win the competition.

Michael was robbed! His outfit was so much better than Jeffry's. But, I guess three in a row would have been too, too much.

Frankly, I think Vincent's outfit -- boring as it was -- was most like what someone would wear traveling.

LAURA - Her clothes are non-stop gorgeous. Flawless. She won't win because I don't think they'll give start-up money to a pregnant woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets offered a position as a head designer for Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren.

I have to disagree about the pregnancy. Laura already copes with five kids and a career as an architect and is into making clothes.:eek: What's another baby in that mix? I'm sure she would deal much better with all the pressures than poor Jay -- the winner from season one.

Laura is superwoman.

Kayne is going down. I had high hopes for him at the beginning, but he's losing it completely. Well, designing the dress for Miss USA probably means as much to him as winning the whole thing.

I agree with the poster about Uli's dress having too much fabric. I was surprised when I saw it. Pretty, but not very practical.Better to wear after the trip, not during.

If Angela had wanted to get kicked off, she couldn't have designed a better outfit to accomplish that goal.

Don't like Jeffry. Don't like his clothes.

Go, Michael, go!

I think Ulli got a raw deal last night and was criticized unfairly.

She's been complimented on her prints and soft feminine looks all season, THEN, when the competition is to design for HERSELF, of course she's going to design something that's her signature style! If they're going to comment negatively on her signature look, that was not the right competition to do it in.

Then they criticized her by saying her dress would only work well in Miami, the Carribbean, St. Tropez,.....well that's exactly the kinds of places she travels to. So again, since the task was to design for oneself, she did it beautifully.

It would be like criticizing Jeffrey's and Vincent's outfit because they would look silly in St. Tropez or the Carribbean. Both those guys are big city guys and that's what their designs reflected.

So in that regard, the criticism for Uli was ridiculous, stupid and illogicial.

Nice point I never thought of it that way. It was not something I would wear but then again, I am no jetsetter. Her comment about the party starting on the plane was correct from the private jet perspective.

As soon as I learned that one of the judges was from Calvin Klein, I knew Vincent would get compliments from him. Yes, his outfit was very simple - it looked just like a typical Calvin Klein. Vincent never created a man's outfit before, so it's unrealistic to expect his tailoring to be perfect, so I think he did a terrific job. If his fabric budget were larger and he could buy cashmere and gorgeous gabardine, it would be a knock out.

Lets not forget that Vincent is a square shaped man and that outfit on Michael would have been fabulous! Not many of the designers equal a good model!

I can't stand Jeffrey but I liked his outfit this week. I felt he really hit the target of the challenge, for once. His mouth though - please take some duct tape and shut it up. Angela and her mom did not do themselves any favors, but that is no excuse for Jeffrey to continue to bad mouth her mother, into the next challenge. If I were a potential client, I would be afraid to go to him for fear of what would come out of his mouth.

I loved Michael's outfit. He chose a fabric that travels well, but the design of his outfit didn't say - only meant for travel. I think that was the whole point of being an "international jet setter". Will what you wear travel well, but also work for the party, meeting, etc that you are going to right after you step off the plane?

I thought Laura's dress was beautiful. The color was not completely right for her coloring (it was too washed out) but the dress itself was absolutely gorgeous. It traveled well and I could completely see somebody wearing that to a party.

Uli's dress. I waffle back and forth on Uli's dress. I loved the print and the color, but I almost felt it was too long for her. It certainly fit her lifestyle though so I can't fault her for that, and as she said it would fit in where she travels too - the whole point of the challenge. I do wish that she would vary what she designs, because everything is really starting to look alike of hers (sort of like Laura's designs before this week).

Vincent's outfit was okay. The fabric traveled well. But it was boring, which I guess is better than the tacky stuff he's designed in the past. Maybe it would've looked better on Brad Pitt, but the whole point was to design an outfit for yourself. The pants to me resembled a pair of workout pants at least on TV, with the way the hem closed in around the ankles which I didn't like. The style of the top was nice, and maybe if he'd had more time (and a better fabric) it would have looked nicer.

Kane. Dear, dear Kane. Liberace and Elvis all rolled into one outfit.:eek: Flared pants like Elvis' jumpsuits. The butterfly print across the back. What were you thinking?

Angela. It was time for her to go. Who chooses linen to travel in? Did she not listen to the criticism Robert got for his Jackie O outfit? When she was on, her outfits were gorgeous. But when she was off, she was WAAAYYY off. I think she needs somebody to guide her and keep her from going overboard with the rosettes and other embellishments. One good thing about her going is maybe, just maybe Jeffrey will stop talking and sniping all the time.

? When she was on, her outfits were gorgeous. But when she was off, she was WAAAYYY off. I think she needs somebody to guide her and keep her from going overboard with the rosettes and other embellishments. One good thing about her going is maybe, just maybe Jeffrey will stop talking and sniping all the time.

The only time I saw anything dear Angela made that came anywhere close to on was her Audrey Hepburn dress and the challenge when Laura and Michael dug her out of her own design.

babakookie, You're in good company, I hardly think anyone was crazy for Angela!

Angela. It was time for her to go. Who chooses linen to travel in? Did she not listen to the criticism Robert got for his Jackie O outfit? When she was on, her outfits were gorgeous. But when she was off, she was WAAAYYY off. I think she needs somebody to guide her and keep her from going overboard with the rosettes and other embellishments. One good thing about her going is maybe, just maybe Jeffrey will stop talking and sniping all the time.

I think Jeffry is going to be a foul-mothed egomaniac up until he is "aufed"Gonestly, I can't wait for Heidi to say those words to him. he is major league annoying,

This is just my opinion and I do live in So CA. Jeffery was a Tommy Lee wannabe. Seen that look too many times, one Tommy Lee is enough.

I thought Michael's was a little more hip, and something I could tolerate seeing the men in my family wear.

Uli always does a good job, as does Laura although they ought to have the designers go into maternity wear due to this unique event.

Kayne, such a likable guy. We would have a blast visiting the Liberace museum in Vegas together. Was there once years ago while the man was still alive, met his brother George. Lots of splash, I also years ago was at Graceland, Elvis was still alive then also. They did not dress that way when traveling.

And Angela, girl you always teetered there on the edge. You fell off this time.

Now a travel challenge I could get into is you people get two weeks, you need to design outfits that can fit both possible warm and cold climate, you need to chose the accessories and hygiene items, you need to plan for two formal nights, you can not bring an iron and you must all fit it in this one airline approved case that must weigh less than 50 pounds.

Could any of these designers do that?