Project Runway?

BlueHerons

This is the most harmonious year I think I've ever watched!! Sure, there's a little sniping here and there, but for the most part all the designers are supportive and respectful of each other! I'm not sure if i like the low drama or if a little spunk is more fun to watch??? It does speak to the good character of the designers though. :)

PS I also like Cornelius's dress, but I'm 63 from a beach town and know nothing about being a powerful NY woman. :o

Dexter would have been better off if he had made a little slip dress or just about anything for under his dress.

His inspiration was great-the lace looked like windows-but he needed to ditch the jacket and like you said put a slip dress under the lace.

This is the most harmonious year I think I've ever watched!! Sure, there's a little sniping here and there, but for the most part all the designers are supportive and respectful of each other! I'm not sure if i like the low drama or if a little spunk is more fun to watch??? It does speak to the good character of the designers though. :)

PS I also like Cornelius's dress, but I'm 63 from a beach town and know nothing about being a powerful NY woman. :o

I don't think it matters where one is from -- I cannot see any way that any powerful woman, in New York or otherwise -- would ever be seen, effectively naked, in that dress. Maybe someone who makes her money via her sexual image, but not what I think the challenge meant by a powerful woman.

I don't think it matters where one is from -- I cannot see any way that any powerful woman, in New York or otherwise -- would ever be seen, effectively naked, in that dress. Maybe someone who makes her money via her sexual image, but not what I think the challenge meant by a powerful woman.

Are you talking about Cornelius's dress? :confused: The winner? (That's who 5326jan is talking about...)

Edited by cruisemom42

I've been thinking about the surprise double elimination.

Series are supposed to have a certain number of episodes. Sometimes contestants quit, have medical emergencies (that would be Survivor all the time), or Tim Gunn uses his save. You still need to "make it work." So throw in a double elimination. Fixed.

Editing the show so the judges realized Dexter did not make the undergarments (after already disliking the mouse ear sleeves) gave the producers the perfect opportunity.

I noticed Underweargate had a number of audio edits to tighten it up for broadcast. I suspect Dexter's model did not want to throw him under the bus. (BTW, he said he was going to layer the lace in strategic places -- obviously went the easy route and it got him auf'd)

(BTW, he said he was going to layer the lace in strategic places -- obviously went the easy route and it got him auf'd)

If he did want a nude look, there are "nude" undergarments (basically leotards) that dancers use, which the models probably already have or could easily enough get. For that matter, he could have made one himself. It's not like the dress took up much time.

The jacket might have read "powerful woman", but the dress read anything but. ("blech" to those shoulders, though; I didn't like them the first time he made them)

I don't know. It must be hard for the designers, trying to figure out what the judges might be looking for. They want "avant garde", then within the critiques they talk about "wearable", which, to me, seems almost like the antithesis of avant garde in fashion.

I liked Laurence's look, but it really wasn't avant garde, IMO.

The winner definitely was the stand-out piece of the show.

Was in total agreement with the judges this time.

Judging from the whole season, Roberi is my pick to win the whole thing -- and has been a fave since early on. Tho it will be great to see what Lawrence does, too. She could take it home.

Those two seem the most driven/organized/thoughtful. And I tend to admire their work.

Erin's problem will be editing herself. There were several times when Tim's comments saved her look.

Rik just does't do it for me for some reason.

What do you guys think?

Edited by SeaBunny

I agree with judges for final four. I think Laurence has to get away from black and shoulder pads, introduce some color. Erin has an eye for crafty details, but I'm not so sure she's project runway winner material, pun intended. Ric's clothes seem very same ol' same ol' . Roberi can be hot or cold: he had me on pins and needles, another pun, wondering if he'd pull off the macrame dress. It looked like something that should be pulled on over a dress, not worn alone. I did love the mostly good vibe. I'm tired of previous seasons' drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lawrence would be my choice for winner. Her clothes have consistently looked good (can't remember one I did not like and all looked well made). Roberi's have been all over the place. Erin's often look like arts and crafts projects (and that is not just the unconventional challenges). Except for that monstrosity of a "conventional" dress last night, I have liked most of Ric's outfits.

Lawrence is my pick, too. They always comment on her impeccable tailoring. I do hope she gets some color in her outfits, but we know she'll use a lot of pleather and make it look classy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Happy that there wasn't a lot of negative drama this season. Yay!

Not overly impressed by the mini-collections, but then again, for some reason that has usually been the case. I was wondering if the designers might send down what they consider their weakest looks for critique, the ones that have question marks hanging over them. That would be the way to go, I would think. After all, they're going to fashion week regardless, at this point, so get all the negative feedback you can so you can improve the collection, right?

At this point, and judging by the mini-collections, it's anyone's game.

Surprised to not see (or not have been shown) anything really glam. No red carpet ready outfits, that I noticed.

The problem with showing 3 looks out of 10 is that you lose a lot of the connect-the-dots looks that can make it a cohesive collection.

Lawrence's collection tells her story much more thoroughly than pulling three looks (as I recall).

I'm mainly disappointed in Roberi's looks I really, really wanted him to knock it out of the park.

Everyone made a big deal about one contestant's laugh this year, but Erin's laugh makes me twitchy. heh heh