Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Rami is put into a "tie" for a "design-off" with Chris...

raterunway_03_411_220x415.jpg

Interpretation of a Greek statue...

My issue on this, great Rami...

But this is literally THE SEVENTH time that he has done this.

Yes, he is a great meticulous designer, but at this final challenge he should have been aufed with this...

Even Roberto Cavalli was "underwhelmed", and the judges really kind of ignored his judgements...

(I think that if you are bringing in a judge of his caliber, for a new fresh perspective and a fresh "eye", then take his advice, don't dismiss it - Nina and Michael! I'm looking at you two!)

Chris in the "tie" with Rami...

raterunway_01_411_220x415.jpg

Here's my deal with this one...

I do think that Rami may have shown himself to be a classier more accomplished designer (and I do think he'll win out the design-off in two weeks); but aren't they supposed to be judging on THIS challenge?

Roberto Cavalli scored this the highest. Said it was Paris coture of the highest degree. And actual work of "art".

Sure it was a bit similar to the one he did with Christian, but look at them closely, not really in the draping, and fabric and textures at all!

And if the judges are going to harp on that (We've seen this ONE time from you before similarly), then use that same judgement and say we've seen this SEVEN times from you before Rami.

So if that is the criteria, doesn't Rami's outweigh 700% more negatively?

And then don't we take Cavalli's one time, fresh perspective, and use his first impression of the designers?

Apparently not...

Not taking anything away from Rami on this, just the judging nit picking yet again...

Otherwise, enjoy!

And a big PS and thanks to all of you who have posted your appreciations to me! It does take quite a bit of time to do these posts, so it really is nice to know that you appreciate the time and effort!

Cyber Hugs!

We all have our idea of "best", personally I never thought anything Jeffrey designed was anywhere near as talented as many of the other contestants. But he was an ugly man down to the bone, not even considering his tatoos.

Jeffrey was my favorite early on. If you go back and re-read Curt's insider information, you'll see it was more editing than anything else.

Curt, my money is on Jullian to win because the judges will think Christian is too young.

I love Chris and if you go back and look at some of his stuff (the first challenge, the dress he got auf'd for, and the last challenge) I think he is quite talented just not able to show what he is talented for.

I'm starting to think Rami is just too one note.

Christian is a little snot and Jullian grates my nerves.

I think Rami is best poised to actually 'use' the prize or make use of it just like Jeffrey was last year.

BTW, I think Chris is a shoo in for audience favorite.

Two things on these thoughts...

I say that my favorite seasons have been Season Two (Chloe, Daniel, Santino, Nick, Andrae) - because of the fun and joking that they had in the workroom all the time; and now Season Four for the same reason.

Chris and Christian could do a fashion comedy team TV show together or something! And they all (except VictorYa) seemed to really try to help each other.

Secondly, please check back through my "insider" info on the entire Jeffrey/Angela Flourchant Woman and her mom "scandal".

(I'm not sure how many pages back it is here, but he's not the evil guy that he was "edited" to be on the show).

(That honor goes to Angela)...

Editing makes a HUGE difference in their drama and tension of the show (and all shows, but especially this one).

That being said, based on the collections, and based on some "subtle" emotional editing I saw this past week;

I'm calling Jillian for the win!

We'll see if I'm correct, but like I said last show's subtle editing makes me think they're priming the pump for that...

Stay tuned...

Guess I need to go back and do some searching to get your insider info on Jeffrey and Angela. Seems like I was sucked into "made for TV" drama.:o That info was before my time on CC.

My vote for viewer's choice would be Chris based on his personality and humor, self-deprecating at times and his laugh is infectious.:) I got a charge out of him from the very beginning.

Thanks so much for taking time to post the pictures. The time on the runway is too short to take everything in so the pictures make is possible to really study them.

Hi:) you know alot more about well made items than I do;)

But I must say I totally agree with you about Rahmi's stuff.

It is the SAME drape every week:eek: even if the quality is top

notch....isn't the point (partially anyway) to show different

styles?

Even a novice like me sees his product is the same week after

week.

Whether he wins or not, he's a winner. There's a market for his dresses and no doubt, someone will back him and he'll launch a successful line. Watchout Carmen Marc Valvo...your competition as King the Eveningwear is about to arrive on the scene!

I'm off to Paris tomorrow, so I won't see next week's show til I return. (thank goodness for TiVo!)

Whether he wins or not, he's a winner. There's a market for his dresses and no doubt, someone will back him and he'll launch a successful line. Watchout Carmen Marc Valvo...your competition as King the Eveningwear is about to arrive on the scene!

I'm off to Paris tomorrow, so I won't see next week's show til I return. (thank goodness for TiVo!)

Just snagged a $500 Carmen Marc Valvo evening gown at TJ Maxx for $25.:)

Jeffrey was my favorite early on. If you go back and re-read Curt's insider information, you'll see it was more editing than anything else.

Curt, my money is on Jullian to win because the judges will think Christian is too young.

I love Chris and if you go back and look at some of his stuff (the first challenge, the dress he got auf'd for, and the last challenge) I think he is quite talented just not able to show what he is talented for.

I'm starting to think Rami is just too one note.

Christian is a little snot and Jullian grates my nerves.

I think Rami is best poised to actually 'use' the prize or make use of it just like Jeffrey was last year.

BTW, I think Chris is a shoo in for audience favorite.

I agree editing can have a lot to do with it, but if you go back and watch the shows carefully, the ones with him interviewed, he has ugly things to say about people. Those comments he made were not edited together. I'm sure they had to tape a lot before they put together the tension of the Mom episode, but his rudeness was there, it had to be for them to get it on tape. It wasn't like yellow journalism shows, typical of "60 Minutes", where they overdub voices and insert comments, the comments were his.

My feelings are that you can make it and be a winner without having to be mean to others. This season, pretty much all the designers have been kinder to each other and it's been refreshing. With this being an election year, we have enough mud slinging to go around, it gets so tiresome.

I do agree with Curt though, Santino was funny.

I was walking through the mall last night and saw a very similar dress to Rami's this week in a window. I don't remember the store, I think it was Cache. Just like last year, I was seeing flowy floral prints like Uli was doing while the show was still running.

I know the show is taped months before air time, so I'm wondering if the contestants are influencing fashion (at the mall level ;) ), or the designers are following what is coming out to the general public. I'm sure Curt or Jane110 will know.

Have fun in Paris:) (no doubt about that:D )

I have enjoyed his dresses.....maybe its because a couple

of them I could have actually seen myself wearing? Or on the flipside,

maybe because I couldn't, and they looked so stunning to me?

But the drape has been there every week;)

My issue on this, great Rami...

But this is literally THE SEVENTH time that he has done this.

Yes, he is a great meticulous designer, but at this final challenge he should have been aufed with this...

Even Roberto Cavalli was "underwhelmed", and the judges really kind of ignored his judgements...

Maybe Cavalli was underwhelmed (on first exposure to Rami) because draping like this is the first thing you learn as a designer. Sure, Rami does it well. And we're practically raised to love classic Grecian/Roman draping. But it ain't much. Maybe Nina doesn't know better, but Michael should.

Chris was robbed -- yet again. He probably won't make the final three, either. The judges just don't like him (an anti-fat bias? he doesn't kiss up? who knows?). They're always short changing him. And I'm glad to see CJW agree that his newest dress was just barely like the other one. This one was ab fab.

That said, I see Rami as the audience favorite because his clothes were pretty and "safe," the Grecian/Roman bias mentioned above, his accent, and there's just not anything objectionable about him.

CJW, I'll be really disappointed if Jillian wins, especially after looking at all the collections. My favorite collection was Chris', but I think the winner will be Christian, despite his young age. He's got the work ethic as well as the talent. Look at all he made in that last outfit, without freaking out. He was having fun, checking out everyone else, and still out designing (and out sewing) them. He deserves it.

My feelings are that you can make it and be a winner without having to be mean to others. This season, pretty much all the designers have been kinder to each other and it's been refreshing. With this being an election year, we have enough mud slinging to go around, it gets so tiresome.

I do agree with Curt though, Santino was funny.

Even though I haven't gone back and read CJW's insider info on Jeffrey, I agree with you and don't see how things could be edited to the degree that we were taking him completely wrong.

I loved when Santino imitated Tim.

Chris was robbed -- yet again. He probably won't make the final three, either. The judges just don't like him (an anti-fat bias? he doesn't kiss up? who knows?). They're always short changing him. And I'm glad to see CJW agree that his newest dress was just barely like the other one. This one was ab fab.

CJW, I'll be really disappointed if Jillian wins, especially after looking at all the collections. My favorite collection was Chris', but I think the winner will be Christian, despite his young age. He's got the work ethic as well as the talent. Look at all he made in that last outfit, without freaking out. He was having fun, checking out everyone else, and still out designing (and out sewing) them. He deserves it.

Jillian hasn't wowed me, I keep seeing shades of Ralph Lauren. I think the judges thought Chris was going to always do his over the top drag queenish stuff and when he didn't, they couldn't deal with it... no chance to rip him. His last dress was a wow and certainly something most everyone could wear with maybe a bit of toning down on the collar for some.

Even though Christian is a full of himself little twerp, he has consistantly met the challenge and produced. I know I don't have it correct but in essence, someone once said, "If you can do it, it ain't ego". At this point, I'm hoping he's the winner. His attitude could serve him well in the fashion industry, he doesn't seem to be intimidated by anything or anyone.

Hi All,

I'm a fairly new poster to this thread but an avid follower. I wanted to thank the "regulars" for keeping it current and interesting! Looking forward to hearing more insider information!

So, my question is...If someone wins fan favorite "hands down", who do you think it is? My guess is Chris. Yours?

Have a great day!

Terri

Anyone else get the feeling that something is going on between Rami and Crhis?

Good question after tonight's reunion show. Romi had his arm behind Chris the entire time. But maybe it is just because they share the same circumstance of having to face off against one another.

I thought Chris was going to win fan favorite......:eek:

Christian won it.....:rolleyes:

Who knows about Rami and Chris...oh wait, Curt probably

has the inside scoop;)

I was rather surprised that Christian won the fan favorite - and apparently he won by a landslide! :eek:

There does appear to be something between Rami and Chris. I'd be interested to hear the inside scoop if Curt or anyone else has it.

Was I the only one who thought Carmen was overly sensitive to criticism? Between the fact that she felt that nobody cared that she was gone and then the judges mentioning the worst designs had to have come from the men's wear for Tiki, she seemed overly sensitive.

And I would still like to know exactly what upset Victorya so much. She never explained that (at least, not on what aired).

I think Christian was truly one of those you either love him or hate him, but even those that maybe didn't completely like his attitude could see that he had true talent. I was a lot more impressed by how Christian handled himself on this week's episode. I was not a fan of his before (the attitude gets me every time), but it seemed like there was an attitude change to me. While there did seem to be a lot of confidence, it wasn't the look down your nose arrogance that we saw in some of his comments in previous episodes. I think he may have looked in the mirror of the show and decided to make some slight adjustments.

And I agree with you that Carmen seemed to be overreacting to me. Her outfit in the men's challenge was bad and there was no way to justify it. It doesn't mean that she's not a good designer, and they didn't say she was not a good designer, but she seemed to take it as such.

As to Victorya, I don't know what she was upset about. BUT, I'm glad that this episode didn't become a backstabbing, fighting, etc session like some of the episodes in previous season. I have a feeling she decided to restrain herself from saying it to avoid looking like a rotten child upset over spilled milk which is how some of the contestants in previous seasons have looked like to me in this particular episode.