Prebook Northstar & iFly on Anthem

Is it possible to make reservations for iFly & North Star online before cruise? I have seen several post stating that people have done it but when I attempt to do so my reservation states "must book on board".

Edited by livingituptwo

There are a limited number of slots available for booking pre-cruise, but once those fill you will have to wait till you're onboard.

When is your cruise? It's also possible they haven't opened the booking yet.

I've read you can get on the royal iq app once you arrive at Cape Liberty, before you're even on the ship, and book right there on your phone.

If you can't make reservations ahead of time, plan to arrive at the port between 10 and 10:30 to be among the first to board. Download the Royal IQ app so you can try to make reservations as soon as you board. If that doesn't work, check Shore Excursions on deck 5 where you board or go directly to the North Star on deck 15 and Ifly on deck 16.

Don't get distracted by lunch. You can always eat somewhere. Solarium Bistro on deck 14 is usually a less busy option.

Is it possible to make reservations for iFly & North Star online before cruise? I have seen several post stating that people have done it but when I attempt to do so my reservation states "must book on board".

That means that you waited too long and it is sold out for pre-sale. If you check cruise planner every day, sometimes cancellations will open a slot.

Better to do it on embarkation day. The RoyalIQ app will let you do it, or go to Boleros which is the "box office" on embarkation day.

We did Northstar during sailaway it it was great. We also waited for a stand-by slot on a port day which was even better!

iFly sells out quickly, and you are charged if you are late for your flight.

That means that you waited too long and it is sold out for pre-sale. If you check cruise planner every day, sometimes cancellations will open a slot.

Better to do it on embarkation day. The RoyalIQ app will let you do it, or go to Boleros which is the "box office" on embarkation day.

We did Northstar during sailaway it it was great. We also waited for a stand-by slot on a port day which was even better!

iFly sells out quickly, and you are charged if you are late for your flight.

Do they charge for these activities? Does anyone know how much please? I stupidly thought they were free! :o

IFly and North Star are overate ,if miss them you will survive.

You have to book your cruise early in order to be able to book on cruise planner.

When you get onboard there’s a standby.check it out.

North Star is over rated. Ifly is a blast, and a must do.

They appeared in the cruise planner about 6 months in advance in 2016. Your Roll-Call thread is helpful to alert you when they become bookable.

JC

I just sailed the spring break week on Anthem and did not have reservations to both ifly and northstar prior to boarding. I did arrive early but many did too so i finally got on the ship around 11am, beelined straight to the ROYAL THEATER to book these onboard activities. Line was long and my only complaint with my trip was this process. Yes, I had Royaliq installed, but couldnt actually get thru to the final stage of booking on app "until" i was next in line for a live person assistance. Others around me also had issues with app while lining up to be assisted live. Once i booked ifly on app, i was called up and booked northstar on coco cay port day in the AM. I feel northstar should be booked on port days cause you get to see the port from up top along with the ocean view. To each its own! I disagree with Chiliburn that its overrated but agree that missing it will not kill you, also missing a few meals on a cruise wont kill you either ;) I say do it, do both, not underrated nor overrated, its an experience if you havent done it.

I booked my cruise exactly 1 year to the sail date and was told that it would be available 3 months prior to sailing, they were wrong and just to throw a dig at Royal Caribbean, their 1-800 customer service support are a hit or miss, more than half these people never been on a cruise, granted they probably talked to 00s if not 000s of people who are veteran cruisers, but their suggestions/advice are misleading more than right, hence me missing it pre.