Help Finding Cozumel Shore Exursion!

pittsburghcruise23

I remember once on a Cozumel stop we stayed at an all inclusive beach for the day. We booked through Carnival we were taken by van. We got dropped off walked down a sidewalk of shops. Then there was a club house with buffet. I believe two pools; and an EXPANSIVE beach with snorkels, kiaks etc. Open bar and food was included.

To me it looks like it was the "Deluxe Beach Catamaran Sail and Snorkle" excision but we defiantly took a van there, not a catamaran.

I don't think it was the "Chankanaab beach day" because the reviews say the beach is rocky and filled with cliffs. That was not the case at the beach we went to.

I also don't think it was La Casa en La Playa because, again the reviews again say this is not an expansive beach.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what beach I was at? If carnival doesn't offer it anymore I would gladly book outside of carnival.

I also remember the price point mind you this was 2013 was I want to say 60. If that helps determine what beach it was.

Any ideas

We don't book through the ship in Cozumel, so not sure what the cruiseline offers, but our friends really liked Mr. Sanchos -said it was reasonably priced and all-inclusive. I don't have the exact web address, but try googling cozumel beach clubs. There is a site that has a table listing the various clubs, cost & what all is offered. It may also have links to the clubs, which may help you determine where you were visiting before.

I doubt it was the Deluxe Beach Catamaran Sail and Snorkel, I have done this excursion three times since my first in 2012 and they have never delivered anyone by van, only by boat. The bar is also quite limited here and the food only burgers or hot dogs.

I have only booked outside of Carnival in Cozumel. If you have kids and/or are looking for an upbeat beach trip - Mr. Sanchos is a great option. If you are looking for a more laid back, adult atmosphere, I recommend Nachi Cocum. Lots of info and great reviews all over these boards and other websites on both.

I have only booked outside of Carnival in Cozumel. If you have kids and/or are looking for an upbeat beach trip - Mr. Sanchos is a great option. If you are looking for a more laid back, adult atmosphere, I recommend Nachi Cocum. Lots of info and great reviews all over these boards and other websites on both.

Thanks I think it may have been Mr. Sanchos. Carnival doesn't offer t his anymore but I can book separately. Also might check out Nachi Cocum it looks nicer.

Thanks I think it may have been Mr. Sanchos. Carnival doesn't offer t his anymore but I can book separately. Also might check out Nachi Cocum it looks nicer.

Sounds like Mr. Sancho's. Was there for the second time last month and it was fantastic as usual. We're from Pittsburgh as well, and it was coincidence that the Legends of Pittsburgh cruise was also there for the same day. One of my favorite ways to spend a day!

Totally agree with you on both!:D

With kids that need to keep busy, Sanchos is the better option, lots to do for kids, otherwise Nachi Cocom with their approx 135 per day limit is the best choice, especially when Cozumel is crowded with ships!

If you want to try something different, here's 2 more,,,,

south of the port abt. a $25 taxi ride one way is Playa Palancar, great food and drinks at a low price, and NO cost to get in!

north or the port, abt a $20-$25 taxi ride one way is Buccanos, great food and drinks, abt $10. to get in, the restaurant is so popular with the locals at night, you need to make a reservation a month ahead of time!

have fun!

We'll be at Nachi Cocom 3 times in the next 8 weeks off cruises!-)) That pool bar is calling me!-))

I enjoy Paradise Beach and plan to go there again on my next cruise. I have never seen the “wild side” and would like to know if it is possible to tour the wild side (with a couple of short stops for photos) and then be dropped off at Paradise Beach.

I enjoy Paradise Beach and plan to go there again on my next cruise. I have never seen the “wild side” and would like to know if it is possible to tour the wild side (with a couple of short stops for photos) and then be dropped off at Paradise Beach.

Yes quite possible!

You could just take a taxi from dispatch for a couple of hours - best to have some idea of where you want to go and stops, ( I suggest you ask to go clockwise round island, across transversal road first) and then get dropped off at Paradise and take another taxi back to ship when you have finished. Be sure to agree price before you leave.

If you need more guidance, you could book a pre-arranged driver (we usually use ToursPlaza). There is usually a 3-hour minimum rental period.

• 3 weeks later...

By far THE BEST excursion in Cozumel is the bar hop (if youre into drinking and no kids). One of our favorite ports/excursions. There is a designated meeting area. You take a nice, air conditioned bus to the other side of the island which is BEAUTIFUL. The tour guides are amazing and you spend time at 4-5 different beaches/bars. The views and scenery are amazing and nothing like you will see doing "touristy" stuff. When it's over, they drop you right back off at your ship!

Not sure if Sanchos was available through the cruise line, most people book independently.

playa Mia is usually available as a package through the cruise line, or independently- have you checked out the photos for there to see if it looks familiar? Depending on how long ago you were there, some of it has changed and they have added a large children’s splashground.

• 2 weeks later...