Buying wine in Venice

moorerf

We are staying at a hotel near Piazza Roma in Venice for two nights before our cruise. We are looking for somewhere to buy a couple bottles of wine before boarding. Anyone have suggestions??? Thanks

Agree with Cruisemom on using the COOP market which is located right near the P. Roma. Simply walk down to the ACTV piers (Vaporettos) and turn left. You walk about 2 blocks and you will see a very obscure entrance for the COOP market. The entrance is a bit deceiving since there is more inside then you would imagine. To get to the wine (and other drinks) you walk all the way to the back of the market and enter another room where they have a small (but adequate) selection of wines. This is also a good place to buy soda (pop) or other things you might want on your cruise.

Hank

There is an excellent wine shop a few blocks straight up from the west end of the Rialto Bridge. It is the Drogheria Mascari - look it up on Google Maps. It has a big selection of Italian and international wines and spirits; also candies and spices. Known for its good prices too.

We always go to this wonderful wine shop just outside the train station when you enter Venice. As you go down the steps on the outside looking at the beautiful waterway go to the left not too far down to the right side you can’t miss it is a fantastic wine shop. Sorry the name is not on the top of my head.

My husband is on business in New Zealand and I left a text for him to see if he knows the name!

Hope this helps.

Denise:)

We always go to this wonderful wine shop just outside the train station when you enter Venice. As you go down the steps on the outside looking at the beautiful waterway go to the left not too far down to the right side you can’t miss it is a fantastic wine shop. Sorry the name is not on the top of my head.

My husband is on business in New Zealand and I left a text for him to see if he knows the name!

Hope this helps.

Y'know, I think I've been in that one myself, when I was staying at a hotel right around the corner from the station! And I'm sure part of the reason I remember it is because I noticed one of my favorite "go-to" Italian reds on display-- mostly Sangiovese, but with a little Cab Sauv mixed in.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/tommasi+poggio+tufo+rompicollo+maremma+tuscany+italy

This wine has a bit of "barnyard"-- a characteristic I've always liked. :D

Y'know, I think I've been in that one myself, when I was staying at a hotel right around the corner from the station! And I'm sure part of the reason I remember it is because I noticed one of my favorite "go-to" Italian reds on display-- mostly Sangiovese, but with a little Cab Sauv mixed in.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/tommasi+poggio+tufo+rompicollo+maremma+tuscany+italy

This wine has a bit of "barnyard"-- a characteristic I've always liked. :D

Isn’t that funny!!! Sort of the same thing happened to us back in 2012. We happened to be walking from station than and noticed a great display of wine in a window👍👍🍷 since than every year we go back there before boarding HAL! FYI it was really great in 2012 and 9/2013 when we could bring as much wine onboard as you could carry👍.

Sorry but my husband said he could not remember the name of the wine shop. Will look at our photos when he comes back from New Zealand.

Isn’t that funny!!! Sort of the same thing happened to us back in 2012. We happened to be walking from station than and noticed a great display of wine in a window👍👍🍷 since than every year we go back there before boarding HAL! FYI it was really great in 2012 and 9/2013 when we could bring as much wine onboard as you could carry👍.

Sorry but my husband said he could not remember the name of the wine shop. Will look at our photos when he comes back from New Zealand.

Thanks for the response. If you find the name I would appreciate it. I pulled up google maps near Santa Lucia train station but did not see any wine shops near by. That station is only about 10-15 minute walk from our hotel- so doable. We love Italian wine and want to get a bottle of red and one of white to carry on for room use. We have the beverage package but the selection will be limited and we like a glass of wine in room before dinner.

In Greece we have a tour to mt olympus and a winery booked with HAL and will be able to bring one bottle each back on ship with no corkage so that should handle our in room wine.

Thanks for the response. If you find the name I would appreciate it. I pulled up google maps near Santa Lucia train station but did not see any wine shops near by. That station is only about 10-15 minute walk from our hotel- so doable. We love Italian wine and want to get a bottle of red and one of white to carry on for room use. We have the beverage package but the selection will be limited and we like a glass of wine in room before dinner.

In Greece we have a tour to mt olympus and a winery booked with HAL and will be able to bring one bottle each back on ship with no corkage so that should handle our in room wine.

My husband is back and we found through our videos the wine store!!

Enoteca Venezia

Vino Vip.com

Great reviews on trip advisor too!

so enjoy your cruise!!! We love doing the 24 day Med cruise on her!

Enoteca Venezia

Vino Vip.com

Great of you to follow up and find the name of the wine store, which really is a 'fab name . :)

Vino, VIP, What could be bad?

Great of you to follow up and find the name of the wine store, which really is a 'fab name . :)

Vino, VIP, What could be bad?

Love you Sail!!

I’m always a woman of my word like you 😉

PS thanks for the congrats on my 5 Star too!

Google the supermarket called Billa. Its where we get our wine.

Sandra

What was Billa is now a Coop and it does have a lot of wine at good prices. But Jenny’s Uncle is right.... we think the best selection of wine in Venice is at Drogheria Mascari. Not as close to the ship as Billa but we’ll worth getting to.

Enoteca Venezia

Vino Vip.com

Thanks you are the best for getting back to me, looks close to hotel...:D

Thanks you are the best for getting back to me, looks close to hotel...:D

Hmm, I just google mapped it and it says it is reported closed. also I can not get vino vip.com to open...

anyone know if this wine shop is now closed????

:(

Hmm, I just google mapped it and it says it is reported closed. also I can not get vino vip.com to open...

anyone know if this wine shop is now closed????

:(

🤔 Wow!! We were there September 2017 and it was open. Been going there 6 years. So sorry. Never thought it would close. This year we did S. America so will be back next year! Will also check google earth later too!