Minors/Tips/Latitudes

Shynook11

Just a moment to vent my first world irritation. I love NCL, they are my favorite line for traveling with the family. I am curious as to why minors are not able to join the Latitudes frequent cruiser programs. My kids have been sailing since they were 4 and 7....now 12 and 15. We are required to pay full DSC for them since they were young and usually pay their fare unless 3/4 deal is on , but no rewards program to accumulate sailing points. Carnival allows the kids to enroll in their rewards ( or at least they did, havent been with them for a bit). Why is this? Is this the status quo within the industry? Just curious.

Your kids will be credited with their points for past NCL cruises after they turn 18.

From NCL's Latitudes Reward Program FAQ (frequently asked questions)

Enrolling in Latitudes Rewards

What are the requirements for enrolling into Latitudes Rewards? There are no requirements; you will be automatically enrolled into the Latitudes Rewards Program. You must be over 18 years of age, have completed an eligible sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age.

Here is link

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

OK...so can I call and have it retro added?

I have no experience with your situation, myself, as my children are adults now.

But I have read on here how others have had Latitudes points retroactively applied to their children. IIRC, one parents child was platinum by the time they turned 18.

They do accumulate points, they just don't get their status or perks until after their first cruise as an adult (age 18). Hopefully you have been booking with their own Latitudes number each cruise. If so, there shouldn't be any issue. If you have not been booking them with their Latitudes number you should call the Latitudes customer service number right away and see if it can be remedied.

I have no experience with your situation, myself, as my children are adults now.

But I have read on here how others have had Latitudes points retroactively applied to their children. IIRC, one parents child was platinum by the time they turned 18.

Our 13 year old son would be platinum plus if he was old enough.

The thing which always annoys him is that each cruise he gets an orange “Welcome to Norwegian” keycard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. Last Feb. they changed the program to where it was they got their status after taking one cruise after they turned 18. Before it was automatically when they turned 18 no need to take cruise.

Still dealing with NCL on this after two emails ignored, wrong info provided when called for our DD who should have turned Plat Jan 2017.

They put in a time limit too for getting credit for past cruises. When it comes to kids it is a bit more difficult to see where they stand and I wouldn't put a lot of trust into what the call center Lats folks tell you.

If it’s within their new time limits for adding cruises.

I find the easiest thing to do is make sure our TA has their correct latitudes numbers (because they do have numbers...not easy to find but they exist for tracking purposes) and make sure they get appropriate credit for their cruises.

Don’t get me going about the lack of rewards for under 18s who have paid full fare on many trips...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll call today. 1 was on a cruise two weeks ago. The only other one we have done is Panama and that was last March. I'll make sure to get it sorted before Bermuda in June! Thanks everyone, I am glad I asked the question.

My advice is to always save all of your paperwork and copies of their policies so that, years from now, when the child is 18, they can't say that they don't remember that was ever a policy.

Sorry, I am OCD when it comes to ALL of my cruise documentation.

My advice is to always save all of your paperwork and copies of their policies so that, years from now, when the child is 18, they can't say that they don't remember that was ever a policy.

Sorry, I am OCD when it comes to ALL of my cruise documentation.

I do have a copy of their policy. Actually 12 pages from the old program.

So I checked my DDs account. It doesn't show any past cruise history.

So I guess the only way you'd know what cruise history they have or if a recent cruise was credited pending once they cruise 18 you'd have to call them. And again, you'd have to do it within the new time limit.