DOS or 2 Bedroom family suite on the Dawn

BiancaV

Personally I prefer the 2 bedroom family suite; it has a balcony! 12000 does not. The 2nd bedrooms/bathrooms are very similar in both rooms. The SA is very nice, but I prefer the 2 bedroom. Oh, and the bathroom with the tub overlooking the sea is to die for!

Personally I prefer the 2 bedroom family suite; it has a balcony! 12000 does not. The 2nd bedrooms/bathrooms are very similar in both rooms. The SA is very nice, but I prefer the 2 bedroom. Oh, and the bathroom with the tub overlooking the sea is to die for!

We LOVE forward-facing suites, but be sure that the "no balcony" situation is okay?

(It's a short hop upstairs to the deck above, but that's not quite the same as your own balcony.)

And yes, in the 2-BR suites, that huge tub, with the REALLY HUGE picture window is quite something.

We filled the tub including with *lots* of bubbles, and thus got "non-x-rated" photos :)

The window set-up in the 2BR DOS is a bit odd. In the 1BR version (on the outer sides), there are windows all across, and also an aft-facing window above where the Bridge sticks out to the side for that same aft view. That was fun, too.

But next time, we'd probably take an OS, and have both the balcony (2, actually) and the forward view.

GC

Pretty much a draw, I guess it depends where you are going and if you use the balcony alot. The prices are usually very close too.

I'd actually do one of the outside DOS as the living room is huge and you have the look over the wing down the ship. I know you'd only have the one bathroom and the child would have to sleep on the pullout in the living room but it is a nice, open, spacious room.

As noted, the plus to the 2BR is the great bathroom with a view plus the balcony.

Can't really go wrong with either. The DOS would give you the 3 bottles booze and the soda and water though.

We decided to book one of the 2-bedroom DOS as opposed to a 2-bedroom family suite next year. Price and the extra DOS suite perks were the main reasons.

Since we will be on a port-intensive itinerary (only one sea day) we won't really miss the balcony. We were on a similar itinerary in November and had a large awesome balcony and barely used it.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Look at the price and see if the extra DOS perks (three bottles of alcohol, free mixers, seating in the theater) make up for the lack of balcony.

And if you sail soon, come and report back!

Ok so we made our decision. We chose the DOS. It was the same exact price but as said above we’ll get the three bottles plus water and mixers and the seating. We have a six year old and I was nervous having the balcony with him. I’m sure he would have been fine but my Mom paranoia kicked in!lol

Leaving in 16 days!

Ok so we made our decision. We chose the DOS. It was the same exact price but as said above we’ll get the three bottles plus water and mixers and the seating. We have a six year old and I was nervous having the balcony with him. I’m sure he would have been fine but my Mom paranoia kicked in!lol

Leaving in 16 days!

Good choice. I have been in both. I love the DOS, even without a balcony!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

For the record, I've sailed on the Dawn in an SJ suite 4 times and we were given access to the theatre suite seating all but one time. I think the concierge makes the call on how restrictive to be based on how many people are actually in the DOS/Grand Villas, and if they won't fill the space themselves, they're more liberal with letting the other suite people in.

Frankly, it's a pretty poor view of the stage, so if you really care about the show you might want to be in the main audience. It's a great option for checking out a show/performer you're not sure about and sneaking out if you don't care for it, though, as you can do it without disturbing others.

Yes we’ve been in the Dawn in the Owners Suite so we’ve sat in the balcony before. That wasn’t so much the determining factor as the other two perks. I’d like to take our son to a show as he enjoys them so it is easier to get in and out if he’s not into it. ;)