Library on Crown Princess

teacher1977

Other than the Pacific Princess, most Princess ships do not have a wide selection of books in the library.

With more and more people reading books on electronic devices, the importance of a library on a cruise ship is lower.

How is the book selection in the library on the Crown Princess? Are there a lot of books to choose from?

We have not sailed on the Crown but have on several other Princess ships. There is typically a fairly large selection from what I’ve seen. Ive been told by some crew members they attempt to keep a good selection on hand but some passengers feel the books are there for them to take home with them after cruising so there’s a pretty high turnover rate.

I always donate a couple copies of my first novel to the ship library through guest services on the first day and by day two they’re usually on the shelves.

Chris

For the best/most selection of books, go on embarkation day as early as you can. After a day or two, the shelves can be picked clean. The Crown has a dedicated library while some ships share space with the Internet Cafe.

For the best/most selection of books, go on embarkation day as early as you can. After a day or two, the shelves can be picked clean. The Crown has a dedicated library while some ships share space with the Internet Cafe.

Fairly small and lot of the book are taken by passengers the first day. Try and take on 3-4 paperbacks i own and leave them when I finish them.

How is the book selection in the library on the Crown Princess? Are there a lot of books to choose from?

I'm on the Crown now, and checked the library today. Practically empty. I don't know whether it was all picked over yesterday (first sea day of a TA) or what, but the shelves are 95% empty.

P S.: Internet is also abysmal. But at least the seas are flat, and 2 Cool Duo is keeping us entertained .

Jim

Just off the Crown on March 11th, the book selection is slim...I did leave about 4 books to add to collection.

eclue:cool:

We also left books in the crown library-

Very small selection

I was just on the Crown two weeks ago and was surprised at how good the selection is compared to other Princess ships. The library is teeny tiny, but it's very well stocked with plenty of games and a wide enough range of books IMO. I still bring my own books, but in a pinch, I could've found something worth reading. BTW, there's not a good place to read in there - it's just too small. There are a few chairs around a (maybe) 12" deep "desk" like surface. Better to go to Deck 7 outside of Explorer's Lounge or somewhere else.