Conquest Review -- 6 day/March/Nassau-HMC-GTurk-Amber Cove

brookeq

FYI - I cannot verify until our cruise in two weeks, but have read recently that Grand Turk has a policy preventing cruise passengers from taking beach found conch shells as the "grave yard as now area considered part of Turks National Park System" plus part of natural environment protection.

Also read cruise security on some ships do not allow bringing conch shells on board, (protect environment and often ends up smelling or had a living animal in it! )

If you purchase one & have a receipt they will let you bring it on ship.

This polcy is fairly new as we have been to conch graveyard ages ago and it was ok back then. Will verify and post in my review. Thanks for posting your trip loving it!

You may be right. I found this

https://www.visittci.com/travel-info/customs-allowances

and also John Heald posted not to bring shells back to the ship (not specifically about grand turk. He just posted in general). He said they have to throw them back into the sea. This was

Excellent review! Thanks so much for taking time to share with us! We sail Conquest Thanksgiving 2019 with our family plus extended family so looking forward to it.

Have a great trip. We are trying to plan a cruise with my husbands family next year. We can't agree on a one right now. They want best ship (and looking other than carnival). I want best islands :)

Thanks for such a great review. We are going for New Years and I think we are going to book the waterfall excursion in Amber Cove because of your pictures.

Thanks again!

You are welcome. I hope you have a great trip. Go Pens! ...assuming you like the Penguins also and not just Steelers :)

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed it. The videos of the waterfalls were crazy. I had to show my boss at work. She was like "Holy Crap!!" We are going on the Conquest but a different itinerary in October 2018. Good luck with your search for your next cruise.

• 2 months later...