Conquest Review -- 6 day/March/Nassau-HMC-GTurk-Amber Cove

brookeq

Love the review! We are on this exact same cruise in 3 weeks and I cannot wait! Can I ask a semi-stupid question? When you use the tripod to take pictures, how do you click the button to actually take the photo? Do you set the timer on the phone? I love this idea, but do not understand how it works :)

Thanks.

We use the timer. Our phone has a 3 second one and a 10 second timer.

I've been on CC for years, so yes, I know this. But as a fellow writer of reviews, I know how important it is for comments from readers letting us know that they are following along. But thanks for your snarky- while- pretending- to- be- helpful comment.

lol. exactly.

There were rentals at this beach. One family rented a stand up paddle board. And another family rented one of those water bikes. So there is a rental place somewhere. There was also a small water trampoline. Later some music came on but it wasn’t too loud where we were sitting. And a game of beach volleyball started.

We went on the little pier and took a picture so there would be no people would be in the background. We ended up buying one of those gorilla pod tripods and we used it a ton this trip. We just hooked it on the sign at the pier and got our picture.

mt9mw2.jpg[/img]

You can see the cruise ships from this beach. (and you can see the trampoline too)

fdw1lt.jpg[/img]

It turns out I had been to this beach in college on Spring Break many, MANY, years ago. :)

30ic7s9.jpg[/img]

What a great retro shot! Thank you for the review!

Like I said the roads are not clearly marked and we had this tiny little map. We ended up at the Bohio Dive Resort. We got out and walked to check it out. The water was going pretty good. There were people swimming at the resort.

tysyw.jpg[/img]

This is where I am getting married in November - opinions on resort and grounds? It is so nervewracking since we are going sight unseen

Like I said the roads are not clearly marked and we had this tiny little map. We ended up at the Bohio Dive Resort. We got out and walked to check it out. The water was going pretty good. There were people swimming at the resort.

tysyw.jpg[/img]

This is where I am getting married in November - opinions on resort and grounds? It is so nervewracking since we are going sight unseen

The grounds were nice. It wasn't a huge area. But I think it would be pretty. We didn't go in the resort area. We just parked and ended up right next to it.

We decided to drive to the Everglades National Park. We went to the visitor center and then to Anhinga trail. It was an easy walk and we saw lots of gators.

b5muyd.jpg[/img]

One that popped right out on the walkway.

289h6l0.jpg[/img]

That people got way too close too. Ugh.

331zibo.jpg[/img]

We did another two stops on the drive in the park. Nothing really exciting. This isn't really my thing but it was a good way to pass the hours before heading to the airport. And its another national park I check off the list :)

On the way back we stopped at a nice mall. We had some lunch and walked around and finally found a souvenir for son.

Then we headed to the airport. No problems with any of our flights and we were back in Pittsburgh a bit after midnight on Easter Sunday.

Overall Thoughts:

We really enjoyed this cruise. The Conquest was a nice ship. We enjoyed the serenity area and the adult pool. The main pool area was nice. We liked that it had two pools in the main area. . And the different levels around the pool made it seem less crammed if you were on a lounger down there. If our kids would have been with us I think they would have missed the newer water works water slides. But it did not bother us. If you have kids who have been on the breeze they miss things like the ropes course/thrill theater also. But other than there wasn't huge differences to us.

I thought the ship would feel more crowded due to it being Easter week and more kids on board. But it didn't bother me. But i was also more patient/relaxed because I didn't have my kids with me.

Food: We enjoyed the food on this cruise. We like to choose ships with upgrades (most have it now). We enjoy having different choices for lunch besides a buffet. Our food in the main dining room was always good.

Entertainment. We didn't do as much as we thought we would on the cruise but there were plenty of choices. What we did do/see we always enjoyed. Chloe is a good cruise director.

Ports -- We enjoyed the ports. My husband could do without the Bahamas. But I didn't mind it. I think its a good mix of beach and other fun things to do. Which is what I usually look for.

Well I guess that is about it. Thanks for reading along. It was fun to "relive" it. I can always answer any questions if you ahve any. :)

Thank you for taking all this time to complete it! It makes me so excited for my March cruise with just hubby. That will be a completely different experience without having kids along.

I think after reading everything I’m going to stick with the Breeze for the Western Caribbean. Not that I think we would dislike this cruise but we love Cozumel, and Roatan is one of our favorites so far.

Thank you for taking all this time to complete it! It makes me so excited for my March cruise with just hubby. That will be a completely different experience without having kids along.

I think after reading everything I’m going to stick with the Breeze for the Western Caribbean. Not that I think we would dislike this cruise but we love Cozumel, and Roatan is one of our favorites so far.

We enjoyed the Breeze. It is a great ship. I would like to get back to Roatan. It poured the last time we were there.

It wasn't too bad. They had an option to not jump at each place. It would have been worth it for us even if I didn't do the few high jumps. Even though I am scared of heights I am also competitive. And I wanted to say I did all of the jumps. Especially if my husband did them. :)

I am doing this cruise March 2019 with my daughter who will be 15 at the time. This will be her first cruise and she really wants to do the falls. I however am not as brave as her. My question is, if you get there and chicken out at any of the falls is there a way to get down with out jumping or sliding?? I feel confident I would do a smaller slide but not sure about some of them. I am trying to be brave and go outside my comfort zone but theres always that chance I will wimp out lol

And I did look at the company you used and they also offer 12 falls rather than 27 so maybe this would be a better fit??

Edited by crazyboutdisney

I am doing this cruise March 2019 with my daughter who will be 15 at the time. This will be her first cruise and she really wants to do the falls. I however am not as brave as her. My question is, if you get there and chicken out at any of the falls is there a way to get down with out jumping or sliding?? I feel confident I would do a smaller slide but not sure about some of them. I am trying to be brave and go outside my comfort zone but theres always that chance I will wimp out lol

And I did look at the company you used and they also offer 12 falls rather than 27 so maybe this would be a better fit??

There were options to not jump I think at every one. Just talk to the guides beforehand.

You can do the 12 falls. You will do waterfalls #12-#1. I feel like they were some of the biggest. So all it saves you from is more hiking/walking.

Edited by brookeq

Thank you for a great review! If you cruise to Ocho Rios, check out The Blue Hole. My family went with Liberty Tours, had a car to ourselves with Michelle our guide/driver. What a beautiful spot full of waterfalls that you can jump into. Afterward we went to Scotchies for lunch and had delicious jerk chicken. Ricardo with Liberty Tours coordinates everything and was professional and personable. We had climbed Dunn’s River Falls on a previous cruise and The Blue Hole topped that experience!

Thanks again for a fun and informative review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for a great review! If you cruise to Ocho Rios, check out The Blue Hole. My family went with Liberty Tours, had a car to ourselves with Michelle our guide/driver. What a beautiful spot full of waterfalls that you can jump into. Afterward we went to Scotchies for lunch and had delicious jerk chicken. Ricardo with Liberty Tours coordinates everything and was professional and personable. We had climbed Dunn’s River Falls on a previous cruise and The Blue Hole topped that experience!

Thanks again for a fun and informative review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks.

The Blue hole is on my list of places to visit. We did Dunn's River Falls before we had kids many years ago. My husbands family wants to do another big family cruise. I want to do southern Caribbean (ABC islands) and they just want the newest best ship. So we may be back to doing the normal western Caribbean route with Grand Cayman (we do like it there), Cozumel (been too many times) and Jamaica. So maybe I will get to the Blue Hole next year.

Day 2 –

By the time we got back up there it was busy! I decided to head the taco line and get some huevos rancheros. No line of course. They were delicious. Husband checked out the buffet and wanted an omelet but he was impatient and ended up with the same thing as me. He really like them too. We also had the arepas (cheese bread).

2ztag5u.jpg[/img]

]

Thank you for taking time to write the review, I know the amount of time it takes. We sail in ten days on Conquest - Luv Blue Iguana options too.

Did you get a chance eat at BBQ on deck ten at all?

How are you getting photos on here? I plan on writing a review with as much info as yours, Thanks.

Thanks for typing up your review! I'm getting married on the Conquest in April 2020 and have two of the same ports as you, haha. Definitely will have to keep Iguana Mama in mind. A question for you, though. How did you manage using your phone for photos on the islands? Did you just have to shut cellular data off to avoid astronomical roaming charges? The last time I cruised was back in 2010, and I didn't have a smart phone back then.

We walked the conch shell graveyard but didn’t find anything too great. We have a few shells at home so no big deal. I always like to walkover here and get nice pictures of the beach and ship.

52cduw.jpg[/img]

FYI - I cannot verify until our cruise in two weeks, but have read recently that Grand Turk has a policy preventing cruise passengers from taking beach found conch shells as the "grave yard as now area considered part of Turks National Park System" plus part of natural environment protection.

Also read cruise security on some ships do not allow bringing conch shells on board, (protect environment and often ends up smelling or had a living animal in it! )

If you purchase one & have a receipt they will let you bring it on ship.

This polcy is fairly new as we have been to conch graveyard ages ago and it was ok back then. Will verify and post in my review. Thanks for posting your trip loving it!

Thank you for taking time to write the review, I know the amount of time it takes. We sail in ten days on Conquest - Luv Blue Iguana options too.

Did you get a chance eat at BBQ on deck ten at all?

How are you getting photos on here? I plan on writing a review with as much info as yours, Thanks.

I don't like bbq food so I never went. My husband went once. I will have to ask him what he thought of it.

Thanks for typing up your review! I'm getting married on the Conquest in April 2020 and have two of the same ports as you, haha. Definitely will have to keep Iguana Mama in mind. A question for you, though. How did you manage using your phone for photos on the islands? Did you just have to shut cellular data off to avoid astronomical roaming charges? The last time I cruised was back in 2010, and I didn't have a smart phone back then.

Yes. I just turned cellular off and put it in airplane mode. I just made sure to clear up some space before the cruise too.