How do you book activities?

pugmadkate

We’re taking our first cruise ever to Alaska in June. So excited!

However, I am finding the HA website difficult to navigate. I want info. on things like classes and entertainment specific to our cruise but all I can find is general info.

Any tips? Thanks!

There is a website that posts copies of various onboard programs, shore excursions, menus etc that posters have donated over the years. Nothing specific to what is available now, but it gives you an idea of what has been available in the past: http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/On-Location-Alaska-week-2.pdf

The new HAL website is having significant problems right now, which is a discussion in itself. But eventually you will be able to see and book HAL sponsored shore excursions. And if you join the Roll Call on Cruise Critic for your specific ship and date of cruise you can connect with other fellow passengers ahead of time to see what insights they can offer about the ports you will be visiting.

Which ship are you taking and what ports will you be visiting? There will be different advice depending on the ship, the route and even your departure port. Keep asking questions - we all remember how much we wanted to know on our first cruises too.

Thank you.

I thought that things like spa treatments and cooking classes would need to be booked in advance. So much to learn!

You can definitely book a spa treatment in advance. If you are on the old site you will see the links on the left under the welcome, along with gifts and indulgences, dining, etc.

We’re taking our first cruise ever to Alaska in June. So excited!

However, I am finding the HA website difficult to navigate. I want info. on things like classes and entertainment specific to our cruise but all I can find is general info.

Any tips? Thanks!

Welcome to HAL.

Until the new season starts, on-board activities and menus are not yet available for Alaska but here is a link to the on-board activities last year to give you an idea of what to expect:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/on-locations-specific-cruises/alaska-2017-noordam-when-where-daily-activities/

Here is a link to our dining menus from Alaska 2017 to give you an idea of typical dining items:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-7-day-alaska-2017-menus/

Feel free to ask lots of questions to learn what is available to make your first cruise a good one.