Port arrival time changed and now booked excursion starts before arrival

saladdin

I booked an excursion through Princess for a tour that begins at 1PM. Now, the itinerary shows arrival at 2:30 pm. I booked this a few months ago but swear the times worked out then.I just can't see them selling an excursion they knew we wouldn't arrive in time for.

Silly question. Is this just a case where I need to cancel that booking and find another? Just surprised Princess hasn't reached out to give me a heads up.

If you booked the excursion through Princess, the operator will adjust to the new arrival time.

Perhaps, you could scroll through the other excursions for your port to see what their timing looks like.

It may be worth a call to Princess to see what is going on. You may need to be proactive on this one.

Would this be for Juneau on the Emerald? We had an off princess excursion booked and they changed the port time (I'd guess a week or so ago). When I called the excursion company they rescheduled me for another tour and they mentioned that Princess changed the port times at Juneau for the entire summer. It was discussed on our roll call and others had success with Princess changing the time of the scheduled excursion. I'd try giving them a call.

Check with your tour provider. As Carrie mentioned, Emerald reskedded the Juneau stop. My tour operator automatically adjusted our excursion before I emailed him. Easy-peasy.

The good news? We get to sleep in 2 hour more that morning.

Since it is a Princess excursion, one of two things will happen:

a) If the port time is still enough for the tour as described to take place, then it will happen at a later starting time.

b) If the port time is not long enough for the tour as described to take place, then it will be cancelled and your $$$ refunded.

The only question is when will Princess actually do one of the above.

That happened to me last July on Emerald Princess. Ship cruised through Tracy Arms and got to Juneau after our excursion; I went online to cruise personalizer and changed my shore excursion to one that was later; not a problem. Like others suggest; I assume since you booked thru Princess they will adjust; however, by being proactive and changing yourself you will get a better time

Would this be for Juneau on the Emerald? We had an off princess excursion booked and they changed the port time (I'd guess a week or so ago). When I called the excursion company they rescheduled me for another tour and they mentioned that Princess changed the port times at Juneau for the entire summer. It was discussed on our roll call and others had success with Princess changing the time of the scheduled excursion. I'd try giving them a call.

That's the one. On hold now...

I booked an excursion through Princess for a tour that begins at 1PM. Now, the itinerary shows arrival at 2:30 pm. I booked this a few months ago but swear the times worked out then.I just can't see them selling an excursion they knew we wouldn't arrive in time for.

Silly question. Is this just a case where I need to cancel that booking and find another? Just surprised Princess hasn't reached out to give me a heads up.

Did you get your excursion time changed?

Very interesting! I’m on that cruise and was concerned when my 1:00 whale watch/salmon bake wasn’t going to happen. I quickly called Princess and got on the 3:45 excursion for the same price of $189.95. However, as I’m checking today I noticed the 3:45 excursion price has changed to $199.95. What??? I called Princess and I don’t mind telling you I waited 22 min for someone to finally answer (and I told Jan Swartz on survey). So rep said I’m paid and confirmed and not to worry about the higher price now. That’s weird!

I agree with the others that Princess and/or the tour operator will adjust the time accordingly.

When we've had this happen (... and it does) the excursion timing was always adjusted to our arrival time. No Problems (y)

Very interesting! I’m on that cruise and was concerned when my 1:00 whale watch/salmon bake wasn’t going to happen. I quickly called Princess and got on the 3:45 excursion for the same price of $189.95. However, as I’m checking today I noticed the 3:45 excursion price has changed to $199.95. What??? I called Princess and I don’t mind telling you I waited 22 min for someone to finally answer (and I told Jan Swartz on survey). So rep said I’m paid and confirmed and not to worry about the higher price now. That’s weird!

Actually, it's fairly common for Princess to raise the price of some excursions as you get closer to your sail date. However, they will always honor the price that was advertised at the time of your booking.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me. I booked a whale watching excursion but I did not book through Princess. I called the tour company I booked with and rescheduled it for later in the day. I had no issues.

If you book the excursion through Princess then any time adjustment required due to late arrival in a port is Princess' problem. They will take care of it for you with no input from you needed. One of the several benefits of taking a Princess excursion instead of booking an independent excursion.

If they raise the price of the excursion after you have booked it, they will honor the price you paid at booking. They do this somewhat often and we have been the recipients of a "cheaper" excursion price since we booked it early. On the other side if they reduce the price of the excursion after you booked it, they will refund the difference in OBC. It has happened to us a few times.

If you book the excursion through Princess then any time adjustment required due to late arrival in a port is Princess' problem. They will take care of it for you with no input from you needed.

If possible.

If also originally offered at a later time, there may not be any space available at the later time and the vendor may not be able to offer a replacement for the cancelled time.

If just offered at the time the OP had, there may not be enough time for the original excursion itinerary with the delayed arrival. In this case, the excursion might be cancelled or be able to be shortened.