Wind TA to Barcelona 6/4 - 20/4

Silver Spectre

For those that I recognize, they are respectable, i.e. good, not great, wines in the USD $18 - $22 range for the whites and $25 - $32 for the reds. All-in-all, not bad for free pours.

I tried the Cline last night to accompany a massaman curry, and it went rather well. It's a GSM, which in itself is quite rare from the US. Seems to be about $13.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried the Cline last night to accompany a massaman curry, and it went rather well. It's a GSM, which in itself is quite rare from the US. Seems to be about $13.

Glad you liked the Cline. They specialize in Rhône variatels, though they do some standard California ones as well. In fact there is a group of vinters in the area who grow Rhône grapes. They call themselves the Rhône Rangers.

Cline makes a very nice Viogner. They have a cool climate Syrah, and a rosé of 100% Mourvèdre, along many others. They have an "ancient vines" series which are low-yielding but very flavorful.

If you're ever in Sonoma, stop by. They still offer free tastings, which is pretty unusual in California these days.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

True, there are some decent ones there. I really like Cline Cellars in Sonoma. We have belonged to their wine club for over 10 years and in fact I have a case of their wine on the way now.

But I am not excited to see Wente on the list.

I'm with you JP re: Wente.

I see where you like Cline for their Rhône varietals. I've been collecting Helen Keplinger's (from the Sierra foothills) and Mike Officer's (from the Santa Lucia Highlands) Rhône varietals for a few years, so I'll have to see if we can try the Cline on the Muse in June.

When the pool was refilled this afternoon and finally opened, a couple of the ladies were tempted into the cold water, and horror of horrors found that the pool floor had been painted, was not set, and was still tacky, so got painted feet! Pool drained and closed again, ladies p****d off and unhappy.

Trivia going well, have now won 3 of the last 4 days. We have 6 teams of about 8 each, worst part of the day is still Alan's jokes.

Apparently the incorrect spelling on the new signage was spotted before they were put up, but they had to be installed because the change in the name of the Spa and for La Dame. When something similar happened on the Discoverer it took 3 months to fix.

And an opinion. On balance a disappointing meal and a step down from what was recently available in Le Champagne.

The highlight was the Lobster bisque which was very good. The biggest disappointment was a poor cheese plate and a tiny soufflé.

The foie gras William was only warm, not hot and the accompaniments nothing special. I probably should have sent it back for another. My wife had the foie gras en robe, which was perhaps a better choice as it comes cold anyway.

The beef was nice, but a very small portion, and the vegetables nothing special. It was a dish that I would expect in the MDR.

The Dover sole, whilst cooked correctly and hot was served as rolled portions, who knows why change a dish that used to be served whole on or off the bone for one that is a poor replacement. The chef admitted to being embarrassed about the style and presentation but is dictated to by Head Office.

The cheese dish was frankly awful. 4 tiny portions, the Brie cold and gelatinous, a dob of some average blue and some other stuff.

Finally, the soufflé, approximately 1/3 of the size of the equivalent served in Le Champagne

The highlight was the Lobster bisque which was very good. The biggest disappointment was a poor cheese plate and a tiny soufflé.

The foie gras William was only warm, not hot and the accompaniments nothing special. I probably should have sent it back for another. My wife had the foie gras en robe, which was perhaps a better choice as it comes cold anyway.

Thanks for this review, Silver Spectre. It's so interesting to see the same menu I experienced on the Wind last month. Mine was the reverse of yours: the lobster bisque was quite over-salted, but the foie gras en robe was so delicious I almost cried right there at the table. Paired with the sauterne they were pouring, it was exquisite.

Glad to hear they've fixed the issue with the lobster.