Camp Carnival - how strict on age?

My daughter turns 2 in August, but July works better for our travel dates. I know she would love to go to Camp Carnival with her big brother (who will be 5). She is tall and already acts much older than her age. Will they pass her through if it's close or require her to have had her second birthday? What kind of documentation of age do they require?

It will depend on how many children they have in the group. You'll have to wait and see until you are on board. Can we assume she is toilet trained???

Per the website being potty trained doesn't matter. They will call the parent to change the diaper if the child is 3 or older.

I would not count on her being able to participate. I believe they are pretty strict on age requirements.

I think the same, especially since she is not yet 2. It would be different if she was 5, almost 6 and you wanted her to move up to the next level. They have access to the information from ship check in with her validated birthdate.

She can participate in the for-a-fee Night Owls program with big brother after 10pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They know how old she is based on your reservation booking, so size and looking older will not matter. They are strict on the age policy or chaos would reign, especially with the younger ages. Does this mean there might be an exception? Sure, but if her ability to go to club activities is important, book the later date and then you will have no worries. Have a great cruise.

I think the same, especially since she is not yet 2. It would be different if she was 5, almost 6 and you wanted her to move up to the next level. They have access to the information from ship check in with her validated birthdate.

She can participate in the for-a-fee Night Owls program with big brother after 10pm.

This is my guess also. My daughter was a few months shy of 12 on her 2nd cruise, and after first night in camp ocean she begged to be put with Circle C. Based on her maturity level, the counselors easily agreed. That was simply a matter of which club she attended versus being allowed to attend or not.

They may be more strict with under 2s. But it also could depend on the counselors & the sailing. You can take your chances & possibly succeed, but if her attending camp is important, waiting is probably the safest bet.

When you register on line you are giving DOB. My kids have passports that get entered in but nothing more than that for camp. You will need that or an original birth certificate to board.

I would not book prior to her birthday. The only way you have a shot at getting her in camp will be after you board. If they say no, you will be babysitting your whole cruise.

Thanks all! I guess we will just wait. I really wanted to do a cruise this year, but we are doing Disney World the first week of October, so waiting until after her birthday (end of August) would put those two trips too close for us. Maybe next year would work better. I think she would really enjoy the kids' clubs, but she is an early bird, so the after 10 pm is a definite no go.