Are perfumes more or less costly on Escape

kcdancerkc

Than perhaps my local mall? Does duty free fragrance mean a real savings? Do not trust Amazon, as many knock offs, rip offs.

Pretty sure NYC or Bermuda are NOT my most cost effective!

When i look at the Chanel site seems to start about $100

Thanks. :cool:

I've found that Nassau prices were cheaper than stores on shore like Sephora but that may change from brand to brand. Make up was a few dollars cheaper due to taxes not being levied. Pretty sure all fragrances would be cheaper due to taxes saved but ymmv.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd really watch your prices. We find cheaper at home. We've also seen on NCL ships where they mark up the stuff 15% and then have 15% off sail the last day. We've also seen on BA after last port stop they raise the prices on perfume.

I didn't shop for perfume, but I checked out the prices of Clinique products in the shop on Escape, and they were all slightly higher than they sell at department stores in the US or on the website. I inquired about the lack of "savings", and a woman near me from either England or Germany (I can't remember which - many from both places on our cruise) talked about how they were half the price they would pay for them where she lives. So I guess they are a savings for some, but I didn't buy anything.

Oh, not something I wanted to tell DW about ... she always managed to spent and use up all our available, remaining, non-refundable OBC in the duty-free shop, buying her cosmetics. Most recently on the BA, the items she brought were priced the same as those at home in retail stores (on land) but we saved on sales tax (almost 9% in NYC) ... and no shipping & handling fees/home delivery issues, etc.

Ship's inventory are limited and they do somethings run out quickly, DW usually go on Day 2 and replenish her "low" stock items ... a wise shopper always know ahead of competitive prices and see a real bargain when spotted ... there are some items we buy on Amazon (and, eBay) but not perfumes.

Last year on the BA, large groups of non-US passengers raided and probably emptied some of the shelves in the duty-free shop ... including liquor & cigarettes. A case of YMMV.