San Juan Return Flight - 10:00am

Hello! We are considering booking a return flight after a RC FOS cruise, from San Juan, Puerto Rico, ship returns at 6:00am ... the flight leaves at 10:00am. Has anyone caught a flight at this time? Does this allow us enough time with taking our own luggage and being one of the first off the ship?

You would have to leave the port by 7:30 AM to make that flight. Any problems with clearance and you will not make it in time. The San Juan Airport is a zoo when everyone gets off and gets there. You could probably make it, but it could also be a problem.

Hello! We are considering booking a return flight after a RC FOS cruise, from San Juan, Puerto Rico, ship returns at 6:00am ... the flight leaves at 10:00am. Has anyone caught a flight at this time? Does this allow us enough time with taking our own luggage and being one of the first off the ship?

I would not book a flight that early, unless I was willing to take off my own bags, and get in the self assist line before 5:30am.

My last trip there I had booked a 12:30pm flight with AA...I had 6 changes and finally ended up with 10:30am. I was concerned but we were the first off the ship..carrying our own luggage..into a taxi..agriculture check..checked in our luggage..and at our departure gate just before 9:00am.

This September..again booked with AA and so far no changes..my flight departs SJU at 11:00am.

I think you maybe pushing your luck,don't forget about all the checks you have to go through including agric. and security and traffic, plus you have to be on board the plane 20 minutes before take off.

J.

I wouldn’t do it. I don’t like having the stress of waking up at the crack of dawn on the last day to try and be first in line off the ship, first in line for a cab, and first in line at the airport in hopes that I don’t miss my flight. Personally I would prefer to have wiggle room so I can relax and not end my vacation with the frustration and worry that things aren’t running smoothly enough for me to make such a tight timeline.

I like getting up and going to the buffet for breakfast before getting off the ship, and I don’t like to rush or feel stressed because the lines aren’t moving quickly enough. I will go out to eat, or to the beach somewhere for the day before going to the airport and don’t mind having to wait a bit if I get there too early.

I also understand that doing it my way means I get home later, which isn’t necessarily fun either, and my way also costs a lot more money. So I think you just have to weigh your need for the tighter timeline and the cheaper flight against the stress it might cause and the potential cost if you miss the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you maybe pushing your luck,don't forget about all the checks you have to go through including agric. and security and traffic, plus you have to be on board the plane 20 minutes before take off.

J.

Agree.

If the stars all line up you could make it but not sure if it is worth the risk I never book earlier than 1130 out of San Juan

OK......need your advice.....we booked an 11:30 flight SJU>JFK off the Freedom. What do you suggest: self-disembark?

what time should we begin lining up? should be in a taxi heading to the airport by what time? any advice would be great......we had always booked afternoon flights home

OK......need your advice.....we booked an 11:30 flight SJU>JFK off the Freedom. What do you suggest: self-disembark?

what time should we begin lining up? should be in a taxi heading to the airport by what time? any advice would be great......we had always booked afternoon flights home

I don't think you need to self-disembark. You should be fine walking off at 8:30am.