Venice disembark 1 day hotel?

crisp1

We're booked on the Windstar Surf disembarkating in Venice at either San Basilio or Marittime. Having a hard time with a hotel for the night- we get off the ship early am. Would like to see some of the city. can't walk around with 2 big bags and carry ons. Are there any hotels near the port we can leave our bags early near the port and use their water taxi service. I'm at a complete loss here. 1 day/night post cruise/ convenient hotel to cruise port- day access to Venice and convenient trip to Airport- too much to ask?

Any hotel will hold your bags for later check in. Never seen any hotel refuse anyone, nor seen any reports of such.

There are many threads here on hotels. We don't know your budget or tastes, and other important things like an early flight the next day...

Any hotel will hold your bags for later check in. Never seen any hotel refuse anyone, nor seen any reports of such.

There are many threads here on hotels. We don't know your budget or tastes, and other important things like an early flight the next day...

Our flight home is at 1:20 pm from Venice the next day- just trying to make the best of one day- the threads are a bit confusing for me- trying to figure out what's best for us- not looking for the cheapest hotel, looking for the best overall- from the ship, to the airport, to the sites

I would suggest you look for hotels on or near Piazzale Roma. It's the closest place where you can find hotels near the port (Marittima) -- easy to reach via the unmanned tram called the People Mover that goes to and from the port to the Piazzale.

Also, it is easy to get a land taxi from here to the airport, or (cheaper option) one of the express buses that leave regularly from the Piazzale.

Here is a list of most of the closest hotel options: https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-terminal-hotels-piazzale-roma.htm

(P.S. If your ship ends up docking at San Basilio, you can grab a land taxi to Piazzale Roma also.)

We’re doing a similar itinerary in the beginning of June. We’ll be on the Wind Surf and I checked...we dock at San Basilio. We booked the Hotel Olimpia as it was right next to Piazza Roma, so it’ll be easy to grab the bus to the Marco Polo Airport the next morning.

I’ve seen the vaparettos are right there or the land taxi will work and then one small bridge over and the hotel is right there.

What is the date of your sailing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re doing a similar itinerary in the beginning of June. We’ll be on the Wind Surf and I checked...we dock at San Basilio. We booked the Hotel Olimpia as it was right next to Piazza Roma, so it’ll be easy to grab the bus to the Marco Polo Airport the next morning.

I’ve seen the vaparettos are right there or the land taxi will work and then one small bridge over and the hotel is right there.

What is the date of your sailing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After checking out Europeforvisitors I also booked the Olimpia post cruise. Our Wind Surf cruise leaves on April 28. I'll post a review upon our return

After checking out Europeforvisitors I also booked the Olimpia post cruise. Our Wind Surf cruise leaves on April 28. I'll post a review upon our return
Look forward to it! I figure were going to be bumbling around a bit, but hey! That's part of the adventure, right?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

You might want to read this article on the 10 hotels closest to Venice docks:

https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/10-hotels-near-cruise-ships.htm

I did read it when considering hotels- although we will be docking in San Basilio, I thought it best to book a hotel convenient for getting to the airport the next day- Olimpia was one of the better ones

Look forward to it! I figure were going to be bumbling around a bit, but hey! That's part of the adventure, right?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

So many of our cruises have been to ports easily researched ( language, currency etc) Italy, Croatia is a challenge- you're right it is an adventure- and helps me to challenge myself/ keep the mind working :)