Any late late boarders on purpose

airlink diva

I will admit when first start cruising always got to port early as possible. Now don't get me wrong, while I like getting on early, hated the crush of people in the Lido and gridlock to the cabins at 1:30.

On my last few cruising start arriving later on purpose. First time came right at two. Was on the ship in less than 30 minutes, drop items in cabin and enjoyed a nice lunch in a near empty Lido.

Did this two other cruises also and the same.

Now I don't try to push it being the last person on board and in all the cases, at hotels within site of ports. But curious to know who else like coming after 1:30 p.m.??

When in San Juan, Fascination leaves at 10 pm, so it gives a lot of leeway to board late. For example, if you have a flight that gets in at 4 pm, you would still have plenty of time to board, but you would be boarding late.

In our case we are coming a day early and will board about 1 pm. We'll have lunch and then hit the streets to explore San Juan, and will re-board late.

I’m considering a late arrival when we sail on the Glory out of NOLA next year. We’ll be dropping the kids off at my moms house so may or may not be in a rush to leave them lol!

I've had a late arrival out of New Orleans but it wasn't because of kids :')

I always tell myself I am going to wait and take my time in order to not get in the long lines and rush. Sleep in late and take it easy. Every Single Time, on embarkation day, im up at 6am wide awake and break my neck to try and be the first on onboard. :D

I will admit when first start cruising always got to port early as possible. Now don't get me wrong, while I like getting on early, hated the crush of people in the Lido and gridlock to the cabins at 1:30.

On my last few cruising start arriving later on purpose. First time came right at two. Was on the ship in less than 30 minutes, drop items in cabin and enjoyed a nice lunch in a near empty Lido.

Did this two other cruises also and the same.

Now I don't try to push it being the last person on board and in all the cases, at hotels within site of ports. But curious to know who else like coming after 1:30 p.m.??

I am this way now also. I used buy FTTF, and stress to be on board as soon as possible. It was not worth it.

I then tried coming at 1:30p--a world of difference. Nobody in lines, check in and walk right on to my room, no crowds or stress. Its the only way I do it now...not worth it for 2 extra hours on board getting on any early for us.

We stay the night before at a hotel (usually embassy suites), enjoy their great breakfast buffet and have a late check out.

We're going to board the Horizon in New York around 3pm, the latest option. Even though I can`t wait to get on the ship, we really also want to spend some time in NYC. Also, we`ll have four seadays, so plenty of time on the ship!

The more I cruise the more I lean towards later arrivals. I try to time it now so the cabin is ready when I am done with lunch so for us it is usally a noon arrival to the port. Getting to the port really early to try to be on by 11am was thrilling at one point but now the waiting in the chaos of embarkation just isn't fun.

I’m considering a late arrival when we sail on the Glory out of NOLA next year. We’ll be dropping the kids off at my moms house so may or may not be in a rush to leave them lol!
Depending on the days leading up to your departure, it'll fall somewhere between not wanting to let go of your hug and shoving them out while the car's still rolling with two honks goodbye. ;p

I have a lot of newbies coming along with me this time and they want to experience everything so they all picked 11:30 boarding.:')
Everyone was new at some point. We still are. Our June cruise is only our second. It's nothing we're ashamed of, nor should we be. The whole "holier than thou" attitude is probably my least favorite part about cruising. Edited by Organized Chaos

Our last cruise we did it and plan to keep checking in around 2. I love it.

We have a 4.5 hour drive to the port and used to leave at 5am to board early. Which meant I got no sleep because we packed last minute. Too exhausted the first night to enjoy anything.

Now we leave around 8:30 and have a leisurely drive with time for mishaps, bathroom breaks, and lunch. We get on the ship and go straight to the room to unpack everything and relax til muster. Then it' on!

For me it doesn't feel like the vacation is started until after muster anyway. So no need to rush to get there.

If you want to arrive late in NOLA, book a cruise when the Saints are playing at home.

Ha...You just have to plan for that. I arrive in town around 10am to go to a noon Saints game. At that time or earlier it wouldn't be that much of a delay getting to the port.

Although I see logic in this, I see us always being at the terminal early! We are the kind that want to get on as soon as possible. We pay for the day and want to start enjoying as soon as possible. We have never felt overwhelmed or stressed about it, just pure excitement. We've been cruising for many many years and it's still exciting.

On our last cruise we didn't board till after 2pm ( Not by choice, Cocoa Beach shuttles..ughhh) , but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. As others have stated, we had to always be first in line, but it was great boarding a little later. We were able to get right to the room, lunch crowd was easing up, I wasn't totally wasted for the muster drill and then we set sail before you knew it.

We usually don’t arrive into the port until 1:30pm or 2:00pm and it is smooth sailing checking in and going through the process. It doesn’t take long and we are usually on in about 30-45 minutes. By that time, we can go to our room and relax for a while and head up to the Lido deck before we end up going to our muster drill.

If you get there early, you are going to have to wait and deal with people who are rushing to get nowhere fast because you probably won’t be able to get into your room so you will just be waiting. I would rather be relaxed when getting on board rather than frustrated waiting in line so later is the best time to go for us!