Boston customs/disembarkation

FunTraveler52

I just booked the June 9 Zeendam cruise to Bermuda. My husband has mobility issues and can not stand for long periods of time. What is it like clearing customs in Boston? We have a late afternoon flight home, so we will not be in a rush. Also we have Global Entry and people, on these boards, have mentioned using their Global Entry Cards for priority passport control. Is this true? I have never had to use the ID cards, we have always scanned our passports at the kiosks.

I would appreciate any tips for Boston embarkation and disembarkation.

Thanks!

There are no kiosks for Global Entry at any port. Just a special, much shorter line. Your GE card proves you have GE, and gets you into the GE line, as there is no way to determine you have GE simply by looking at a passport.

I would suggest a wheelchair assist off the ship for your husband.

I think you are right, we will need to get wheelchair assist for both embarkation and disembarkation.. I was leaning that way anyway, but wanted to make sure it was necessary. Its good to know about the Global Entry cards.

Thank you!

In the past disembarkation is super easy in Boston. You would walk off, hand over your customs card, show you have your passport and your done. No questions and no fuss. The line moved as quickly as people could walk and turn over the card. If Boston is a port where we do not need to turn in a customs card I imagine the line will move even quicker.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we disembarked Veendam in Boston last May, we walked off the ship, no wait at all. I think someone may have taken the customs form, but it was the world's fastest disembarkation. We always are in one of the very last groups off the ship. YMMV if you want to be in one of the earlier groups.