Last morning on the Seaside

resstation

I'm waiting to get off this morning too but my view of msc seaside will be different from yours I'm afraid.ill post my review Monday when I get settled back home.ah yes another screaming baby this morning .

I'm waiting to get off this morning too but my view of msc seaside will be different from yours I'm afraid.ill post my review Monday when I get settled back home.ah yes another screaming baby this morning .

I think personal opinions regarding the behaviour of other passengers, whether they are foreigners, children or even screaming babies, should not be included in cruise reviews. Negative interactions with other passengers are pure chance and totally beyond the control of any cruise line.

I still want to hear about the bad behavior of fellow passengers. I do think it impacts the cruise. If you read several reviews and you see a pattern that you don't care for, perhaps you should look to another line.

My last cruise on Carnival had a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to ours.

A very popular young lady in the cabin across from ours who had various men banging on her door all through the night.

And over 1,000 kids on a cruise that wasn't spring break or summer.:mad: I still wonder where the parent were that allowed children who appeared to be under 10 to be running in the halls after midnight.

Don't cruise on Carnival any more. Don't even visit their boards.

I too just desembarqued and had a fantastic time on MSC seaside. Agree that crew can’t do enough for you, especially our waiters on Ipanema restaurant. Have cruised several times and never met such an approachable and caring Captain. Captain Marco Massa is a great ambassador for MSC! Have already booked my next MSC cruise onboard!

We are headed home this morning. We had the most wonderful time on this cruise. EVERYONE working on this ship has been terrific. They can't do enough for you - and not only in the YC but everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We just got off as well and had an equally good time. There were many many Europeans and South Americans on board but it didn't matter to me being the minority. I somewhat expected it and it made no difference in our very pleasant experience.

It appears Seaside has actively addressed alot of the earlier reported problem areas....and done so very quickly. I still cannot say enough about our 3/24 cruise and the friendliness and attentiveness of all the staff...not only in YC but the other areas of the ship as well.

We should expect and respect other points of view which may not match our positive experience...but after cruising on Seaside and experiencing the ship and its offerings.... I will no longer be taking a wary and worrisome view of negative input....and putting it more on par with the other N American main stream lines where "you can not please everybody"!!

I still want to hear about the bad behavior of fellow passengers. I do think it impacts the cruise. If you read several reviews and you see a pattern that you don't care for, perhaps you should look to another line.

My last cruise on Carnival had a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to ours.

A very popular young lady in the cabin across from ours who had various men banging on her door all through the night.

And over 1,000 kids on a cruise that wasn't spring break or summer.:mad: I still wonder where the parent were that allowed children who appeared to be under 10 to be running in the halls after midnight.

I'm not directing this response AT you, but I'd like to use your posting for illustrative purposes.

"My last cruise on Carnival had a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to ours."

-----Does that mean that when I cruise on Carnival that I will have a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to mine? That that even have a measurable influence on the chance that I will have a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to mine?

"A very popular young lady in the cabin across from ours who had various men banging on her door all through the night."

-----Will this lady be in the cabin across the hall when I cruise? Even if she is, is it guaranteed that men willing to bang on her door all through the night will also be onboard?

"And over 1,000 kids on a cruise that wasn't spring break or summer."

-----Does this guarantee that over 1,000 kids will be on my cruise? Does this fact in any way relate to the number of kids that will be on my cruise?

:mad:"I still wonder where the parent were that allowed children who appeared to be under 10 to be running in the halls after midnight."

-----Will this parent, and their child, also be on my cruise? Does their presence on your cruise have any bearing on whether or not similar people will be on my cruise?

All of these are "behavior of people" issues. I believe the point that someone was attempting to make earlier was that these types of things shouldn't be in a review since they are basically "one-off" instances in that there is no certainty that they will happen again.

Its like giving a bad review because it rained. Just because it rained on you, doesn't guarantee rain for someone else.

The cheaper the discount, the cheaper the guests. If it was a cruise that was heavily discounted you should assume families with children will be more able to afford to take a cruise. Smokers and spitters are universal, though.

I too just desembarqued and had a fantastic time on MSC seaside. Agree that crew can’t do enough for you, especially our waiters on Ipanema restaurant. Have cruised several times and never met such an approachable and caring Captain. Captain Marco Massa is a great ambassador for MSC! Have already booked my next MSC cruise onboard!
Agree! We went to the Cruise Critic meet up where he spoke and took a picture with the group. On the back of our picture (which was delivered to our cabin) was this... (amazing)1134229228_20180413_1055512.thumb.jpg.633ea226eae3993c6dca9a48132e263c.jpg

I think personal opinions regarding the behaviour of other passengers, whether they are foreigners, children or even screaming babies, should not be included in cruise reviews. Negative interactions with other passengers are pure chance and totally beyond the control of any cruise line.

I disagree to a point. If the line does nothing to try to correct the behavior or the impact on other guests, then it is part of their control.

I disagree to a point. If the line does nothing to try to correct the behavior or the impact on other guests, then it is part of their control.

Have you cruised Carnival or NCL lately?? LOL Good luck corraling people on those ships!!

I'm not directing this response AT you, but I'd like to use your posting for illustrative purposes.

"My last cruise on Carnival had a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to ours."

-----Does that mean that when I cruise on Carnival that I will have a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to mine? That that even have a measurable influence on the chance that I will have a smoker and spitter in the balcony next to mine?

"A very popular young lady in the cabin across from ours who had various men banging on her door all through the night."

-----Will this lady be in the cabin across the hall when I cruise? Even if she is, is it guaranteed that men willing to bang on her door all through the night will also be onboard?

"And over 1,000 kids on a cruise that wasn't spring break or summer."

-----Does this guarantee that over 1,000 kids will be on my cruise? Does this fact in any way relate to the number of kids that will be on my cruise?

:mad:"I still wonder where the parent were that allowed children who appeared to be under 10 to be running in the halls after midnight."

-----Will this parent, and their child, also be on my cruise? Does their presence on your cruise have any bearing on whether or not similar people will be on my cruise?

All of these are "behavior of people" issues. I believe the point that someone was attempting to make earlier was that these types of things shouldn't be in a review since they are basically "one-off" instances in that there is no certainty that they will happen again.

Its like giving a bad review because it rained. Just because it rained on you, doesn't guarantee rain for someone else.

It wasn't a "one off." I experienced all of these behaviors on other cruises on that line. Unfortunately, I experienced ALL of them on my last Carnival cruise. That was enough for me.

So, yes, I do want to know about those behaviors. That's what I remember about that cruise. Not the food (which was pretty good, I think), or the entertainment, or the service. etc. I remember that spitter and I think if I book that cruise line again, I will get that again.

I also want to know if it rained all week on your cruise in August (or January).

Edited by mafig

Interactions with other passengers makes all the difference in a cruise.i can't single out any particular.tribe of people because all of them were savages.the handful of yacht clubbers we ran into were even bigger asses..it made enough of an impact we don't want to cruise again ever.its land vacations from now on.i see the biggest whiny butt of them all says he enjoyed his cruise.thats good I hope you enjoy many more.my opinion is my opinion and what I experienced.i ll make everybody mad on Monday we are half way to south Carolina.ihve to get stuff caught up on the farm.i left my nephew in charge he's not farm tuff.

Interactions with other passengers makes all the difference in a cruise.i can't single out any particular.tribe of people because all of them were savages.the handful of yacht clubbers we ran into were even bigger asses..it made enough of an impact we don't want to cruise again ever.its land vacations from now on.i see the biggest whiny butt of them all says he enjoyed his cruise.thats good I hope you enjoy many more.my opinion is my opinion and what I experienced.i ll make everybody mad on Monday we are half way to south Carolina.ihve to get stuff caught up on the farm.i left my nephew in charge he's not farm tuff.

Interactions with other passengers makes all the difference in A cruise, but there is nothing to suggest those same interactions will occur on a future cruise...hence the reason they aren't relevant in a review.

You point out how bad the yacht clubbers behaved. What if they are there behaving badly when you take your land vacation??

I'm on the fence about this. This post is more "thinking out loud" via my keyboard!

I'll use Spring Break as an example. We cruised during this period last year (unknowingly - we had no idea that cruising was a popular Spring Break activity, and we didn't realize that universities in the southern US have their breaks in March).

If we were to cruise again in March, I'd absolutely want to know if the Spring Break crowd was absent, or more subdued, on a given line/ship/itinerary. In fact, we won't sail again in March unless we can be relatively assured that we're selecting a ship that won't be overwhelmed with Spring Breakers. There are no guarantees in life, but you can sometimes spot trends that increase the probability of a given situation.

Discussing poor or frustrating behaviour of fellow guests in reviews can be viewed as irrelevant based on what the cruise line is able to do about it. Isolated incidents like crying babies is a good example: pure chance. However, here is a thought: if you are seeking a certain style or type of cruise, do these notes in reviews help readers form opinions about the general clientele of certain ships/lines?

Another example: if I'm sailing in the summer and want to find a line where kids are less likely to run the halls, perhaps these notes would help. If I read review after review about kids running the halls on NCL, perhaps I'll avoid booking on that line. Likewise, if Holland America notes well-behaved children and that is what I'm looking for, booking on that line might increase my chances of getting what I want out of the cruise.

It's an interesting topic, but I'll stop now - I think we've run the risk of hijacking this thread! :p

Agree! We went to the Cruise Critic meet up where he spoke and took a picture with the group. On the back of our picture (which was delivered to our cabin) was this... (amazing)[ATTACH]419542[/ATTACH]

Wow, this Captain must be a class act!! I hope he'll be aboard the Seaside when we board next year!

Agree! We went to the Cruise Critic meet up where he spoke and took a picture with the group. On the back of our picture (which was delivered to our cabin) was this... (amazing)[ATTACH]419542[/ATTACH]

I got one too! It’s Quite special when it has been handwritten and signed by the captain!! Not sure how many other captains do the same!!! Hope you enjoyed the chocolate strawberries and canapés they provided us with at the meet and mingle!! Yum yum!!

I'm on the fence about this. This post is more "thinking out loud" via my keyboard!

I'll use Spring Break as an example. We cruised during this period last year (unknowingly - we had no idea that cruising was a popular Spring Break activity, and we didn't realize that universities in the southern US have their breaks in March).

If we were to cruise again in March, I'd absolutely want to know if the Spring Break crowd was absent, or more subdued, on a given line/ship/itinerary. In fact, we won't sail again in March unless we can be relatively assured that we're selecting a ship that won't be overwhelmed with Spring Breakers. There are no guarantees in life, but you can sometimes spot trends that increase the probability of a given situation.

Discussing poor or frustrating behaviour of fellow guests in reviews can be viewed as irrelevant based on what the cruise line is able to do about it. Isolated incidents like crying babies is a good example: pure chance. However, here is a thought: if you are seeking a certain style or type of cruise, do these notes in reviews help readers form opinions about the general clientele of certain ships/lines?

Another example: if I'm sailing in the summer and want to find a line where kids are less likely to run the halls, perhaps these notes would help. If I read review after review about kids running the halls on NCL, perhaps I'll avoid booking on that line. Likewise, if Holland America notes well-behaved children and that is what I'm looking for, booking on that line might increase my chances of getting what I want out of the cruise.

It's an interesting topic, but I'll stop now - I think we've run the risk of hijacking this thread! :p

I’ve just done two weeks on the MSC Seaside. The first week was still spring break I believe (our holidays in UK are a bit different). I have a teenage son and he said that it was crazy on the sports court pretty much every day during the first week! Second week, there were about 5 teenage boys that got together every night to play football (I.e soccer) or basketball! So not even enough for 2 teams! There were still quite a few younger kids but significantly fewer than first week! So if you prefer a quieter cruise, avoid school breaks if you can! You may find the cruise is also cheaper! Just a thought!!

I got one too! It’s Quite special when it has been handwritten and signed by the captain!! Not sure how many other captains do the same!!! Hope you enjoyed the chocolate strawberries and canapés they provided us with at the meet and mingle!! Yum yum!!

My goodness, those canapes were fantastic!! My husband kept eyeing the ones that were left untouched on the tables. Haha I should have le them too. I gained SIX pounds in one week! How many did my husband gain who ate exactly what I ate, if not just a little less but WAY more alcohol? Zero. He gained zero pounds. ZERO :rolleyes: :o:o