Is Celebrity's Food inedible?

Now this thread's about chicken wings..... good grief. Chicken wings, the pinnacle of 'merican gastronomy:rolleyes: Sure I've had a few good chicken wings but the majority are just mediocre at best (Hooters' wings just aint that great).

Maybe the "Frou Frou" dishes as you call them are samples from different cultures. Frog's legs or Escargots(France) Scotch Egg(Scotland)Sushi(Japan)Hot dog & Hamburger(Germany & other places)It took the US to put both between a bun & call it by what we know them by. Most "American" foods originated somewhere else!

So when I paint the "foodie" options in a not so flattering light, that's a low blow, but I can get made fun of for pages on here and that's hilarious. Green Eggs & ham yes. Have you been on Carnival?

Carnival-cruise-character-green-eggs-and-ham-breakfast-with-Dr-Seuss.jpg

Nope. I used the Green & Eggs & ham simply as an analogy. Carnival is NOT our cup of tea, thank you. I've seen too many disgusting pax from those ships & how they behave in ANY port where there's a bar nearby. Watching pax in a "pool bar" in Costa Maya get absolutely hammered & act like complete imbeciles never leaving the pool. I'd never swim in that pool I'll tell you that! Totally gross. Call me a snob, whatever. It's just not a cruiseline I'd be willing to try.

Nope. I used the Green & Eggs & ham simply as an analogy. Carnival is NOT our cup of tea, thank you. I've seen too many disgusting pax from those ships & how they behave in ANY port where there's a bar nearby. Watching pax in a "pool bar" in Costa Maya get absolutely hammered & act like complete imbeciles never leaving the pool. I'd never swim in that pool I'll tell you that! Totally gross. Call me a snob, whatever. It's just not a cruiseline I'd be willing to try.

The pool on the Carnival Splendor in the late afternoon on a sea day was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on a cruise ship. The water was nearly green and had a thick coating of scum (sunscreen and??). There were people in that pool for hours on end just drinking, they never got out so you can imagine what was in the water at the end of the day. It was packed too, like sardines in a can.

Haha, yeah some cruise lines probably would start offering extra fatty meats while charging extra for it as a 'delicacy'!

Hooters actually does have good food! They have some other 'nice" things there too .

Tuscan Grille has been doing this for a couple years already; they offer a prime dry aged ribeye for an upcharge. Ribeye is a really fatty cut of beef and prime grade has the most marbling (fat).

Hooters’ food is pretty poor quality, but I do enjoy the scenery.

Hooters: Wings/Boobs/sports.

LOL that sounds like my kind of place before I got married to Dear Sweet Cindy. Now I have to try and be good, or least pretend. :halo:

Haha, yeah some cruise lines probably would start offering extra fatty meats while charging extra for it as a 'delicacy'!

Hooters actually does have good food! They have some other 'nice" things there too which makes it all the better, but I suggest you go without telling your wife unless she's not the jealous type. You do see a lot of women there with their boyfriends and husbands however. It's not such a naughty place.

Ok, Hooters doesn't have a cruise line do they? I bet the wings are good if they're anything like Buffalo Wild Wings. :D

Most "American" foods originated somewhere else!

That's my point exactly. All these folk (including you) want to make fun of my diet without considering that once upon a time chicken wings were a delicacy and crickets and snails were not. It used to cost a fortune for a chicken egg on the frontier. To those folks a place like Hooders or Buffalo Wild Wings would be the upscale foodie option. We're so used to the premium foods over here that it's now looked down on and American want the stuff that people had to grin and bear 150 years ago.

Tuscan Grille has been doing this for a couple years already; they offer a prime dry aged ribeye for an upcharge. Ribeye is a really fatty cut of beef and prime grade has the most marbling (fat).

See you can't make this stuff up

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

The pool on the Carnival Splendor in the late afternoon on a sea day was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on a cruise ship. The water was nearly green and had a thick coating of scum (sunscreen and??). There were people in that pool for hours on end just drinking, they never got out so you can imagine what was in the water at the end of the day. It was packed too, like sardines in a can.

I did it when I was younger and wasn't the only one. There's chlorine in the water so it's ok at first but the water does get pretty gross at the end of the day, on those short party weekend cruises. When everyone's doing it and you've got your spot and are tipsy, who wants to dry off before you're done? Cindy keeps me more in line nowadays. :halo:

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

I did it when I was younger and probably wasn't the only one. There's chlorine in the water so it's ok at first but the water does get pretty gross at the end of the day, on those short party weekend cruises. Cindy keeps me more in line nowadays. :halo:

Oh my! Please eipe the images from my brain!!! :eek:

Well at this point let's just all get along and eat some chicken wings in the pool while letting the chlorine do it's work.

I'm sure we've all had a convenient 'accident' in the pool, even as adults, but everyone's too afraid to admit it. Though I don't think I've done that for a long time and prefer to get out and use a bathroom. This is one reason why you never put your head under the pool water.

Obviously, you've never had Pork Belly, have you? Do you like Bacon? Tell me, just what percentage of Bacon is fat? When you say "horrible" things, you truly seem to have NO culinary experience at all do you? Lobster/Filet Mignon/ Chateaubriand/Foie Gras/Sweetbreads/ Wagyu beef. Ever had any of those? Chix wings at Hooters? Seriously? Try Provence style whole chicken. Now that's chicken!

Keith, I know bacon is fatty, but I usually choose the leaner cuts anyway. But what that Chinese gal made with those pork chops was literally HUGE chunks of pure solid fat for 80% of the size with a little meat on one side. That's what's disgusting, and you couldn't even chew it. I think there's nothing upscale or sophisticated about throwing huge chunks of pure lard in the mouth and trying to eat it.

I've had Lobster, Filet Mignon and sweetbreads, but not the other things you mentioned. Has this become a contest to see who has eaten more 'exotic' things than someone else? You're free to eat what you like, it doesn't bother me, but I'll admit my tastebuds may be slightly less adventurous than yours. I like good food and some variety just not weird food.

I think Doug has some valid points about us eating strange "delicacies" thinking we're special while poor 3rd world people are forced to eat those things and would love to have our chicken wings. Especially served by hot women.

There is a BIG difference between delicacies and food some find “weird.” Delicacies such as A5 Wagyu beef, Osetra caviar, Alba white truffles, Jamon Iberico de Bellota, Dover sole are delicacies because they are rare, and believe me, they are not being consumed by the masses in poor countries. “Weird” food such as snails, sweetbreads, squid etc. are widely available and inexpensive. Nothing special about them (and poor people certainly eat them in some areas), but some people don’t have regular access to them and enjoy trying them when they have a chance - whereas others prefer to stick with what is familiar. Then you have foods in between; particularly good foods within a category (Colorado lamb, Spanish octopus, Santa Barbara uni, Maine lobster, Carlisle or Flannery beef, Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Jidori or Green Circle chicken etc.) - foods that generally can be had not too terribly pricey, but you pay a big premium for higher quality. Would be even more special if served by Hooters’ waitresses!

Edited by Gonzo70