Is Celebrity's Food inedible?

Well, I've not complained that the food was inedible. Guy's Burgers, the Buffet, and anything red meat now offered in Carnival's MDR, I consider pretty close. RCCL's soups were underwhelming, and their repetitive sides got obnoxious. The only dishes I've had on Celebrity that I didn't like, were the beef carpaccio, and some kind of butternut squash/duck dish, that looked like bacon over lintels. We haven't been spoiled yet with higher luxury on land or sea, but for now we're happy with Celebrity's food. We'll see how HAL compares next month, as we try another "steerage" option.

Have a great cruise! I like the MDR and yes it has declined in food quality and changed by way of eliminating courses and open flamed deserts and ....

We still eat there if we have not made alternative plans and survived and thrived on our cruises. My scale doesn't lie.

LOL - that is this posters MO regularly here on CC, I have found.

Bon voyage

But how else is there to interpret this phrase

When anger is inherent in the review it subtracts from the credibility of the review and hints at other issues than the food

which was the one used unless it means that poster is being less than honest and is not just complaining just about the food. Yes they were that is what they said. How on earth can someone make that statement about someone else without impugning their integrity.

The OP of this thread and several others who have posted negative opinions about the food on X in the MDR, Blu, or OVC seem to state those opinions as undeniable absolutes. Some have posted those opinions repeatedly across various threads with a seeming vendetta. People have widely differing opinions. My DH and I can both taste the same dish from the same plate at the same time and one of us might love it and the other will hate it. He won't eat fish unless it's a choice of fish or nothing. I enjoy it. I think it's helpful to hear both sides, but posters should keep in mind that not everyone will agree, nor should they offer opinions that indicate that anyone who might think differently has no palate. When I have eaten in a restaurant on a consistent basis and know the quality and then read something like "inedible" I have to question the review. If on the other hand the reviewer gives specifics about the meal they had and why they didn't care for it, the review tells more. When anger is inherent in the review it subtracts from the credibility of the review and hints at other issues than the food. Of course, that is only my opinion.;)

I think when one sentence is taken out of the paragraphic context the meaning gets distorted. It is in the interest of that meaning being clarified that I quote my previous post and not of vanity.

which was the one used unless it means that poster is being less than honest and is not just complaining just about the food. Yes they were that is what they said. How on earth can someone make that statement about someone else without impugning their integrity.

I would not attack anyone's opinion, but I reserve the right to disagree. I would certainly not presume to impugn anyone's integrity, especially a nameless, faceless stranger encountered on a public forum. That is not who I am or how I conduct myself. I am sorry you felt personally attacked. I never mentioned you in my post, but did refer to some posts that occur across various threads multiple times angrily. If

What's the best alternative for us steerage passengers?

To each their own.

Some will move on to other cruise lines... We love Windstar, but it's not for everyone and too expensive for us to go too often.

Some will move on to other types of travel... Our last 2 trips were All Inclusives which are:

Cheaper from Canada all in

Easier - Book one thing, go out to the airport and your taken care of until you get back to your home airport

Have bigger rooms

Have bigger pools so you don't have to fight the chair hogs as much

Everything is included

Excursions are cheaper and the crowds on each are much smaller

No tenders or lineup to get off the property or back except the first check in which is faster than getting on or off a boat anyway

You can go somewhere else if you don't like the food or want different entertainment

The only thing we miss is being out on the water.

I think when one sentence is taken out of the paragraphic context the meaning gets distorted. It is in the interest of that meaning being clarified that I quote my previous post and not of vanity.

I would not attack anyone's opinion, but I reserve the right to disagree. I would certainly not presume to impugn anyone's integrity, especially a nameless, faceless stranger encountered on a public forum. That is not who I am or how I conduct myself. I am sorry you felt personally attacked. I never mentioned you in my post, but did refer to some posts that occur across various threads multiple times angrily. If

Saying

When anger is inherent in the review it subtracts from the credibility of the review and hints at other issues than the food

is not disagreeing, it is making statements about the person who made the post and saying that you don't believe that they only have issues with the food. It is impugning their integrity. Though you might like to think yourself above that, it is exactly what you did.

Saying

is not disagreeing, it is making statements about the person who made the post and saying that you don't believe that they only have issues with the food. It is impugning their integrity. Though you might like to think yourself above that, it is exactly what you did.

We will have to agree to disagree. Clearly we are not understanding one another's posts. Have a wonderful day.

To each their own.

Some will move on to other cruise lines... We love Windstar, but it's not for everyone and too expensive for us to go too often.

We thought about doing the Windstar Legend next year from Japan, which may have been cheaper overall than Celebrity in Aqua. At the end of the day, we weren't sure we would enjoy that fancy of food. Maybe if Windstar starts building bigger ships, they'll have a downgraded steerage package. :p

We thought about doing the Windstar Legend next year from Japan, which may have been cheaper overall than Celebrity in Aqua. At the end of the day, we weren't sure we would enjoy that fancy of food. Maybe if Windstar starts building bigger ships, they'll have a downgraded steerage package. :p

The food was fabulous. The upcharge to good bottles of wine at meals was better than we expected and the quality of the wine was better too.

We love the small ship experience. No lineups, even for tenders. Embark / Disembark in 20 minutes. Go places that the big ships can't. Small groups for shore excursions. Beach party on a secluded spot on an island was amazing. No 'yard sales' to go through. Comfortable cabins with excellent bedding that are very well taken care of.

Others don't like the lack of an 'Off off broadway' show, the small pool, or the small number of bars. Those things don't matter to us.

Like I said... too each their own.

I didn't see where did the poster impugned anyone's integrity. No where did the poster suggest they were being dishonest. The poster merely stated that the wording of the complaint suggested that other factors, in addition to their opinion of the food, may well have contributed to the negative reviews.

Anyone should feel free to state their opinion of the food on any cruise. Everyone else is free to judge whether they give that opinion any credence. Unless that opinion includes specific examples of why the food was substandard, I will generally disregard it. Telling me the food was "awful", "disappointing", or "inedible" tells me nothing other than that the person didn't like it.

I didn't see where did the poster impugned anyone's integrity. No where did the poster suggest they were being dishonest. The poster merely stated that the wording of the complaint suggested that other factors, in addition to their opinion of the food, may well have contributed to the negative reviews.

Anyone should feel free to state their opinion of the food on any cruise. Everyone else is free to judge whether they give that opinion any credence. Unless that opinion includes specific examples of why the food was substandard, I will generally disregard it. Telling me the food was "awful", "disappointing", or "inedible" tells me nothing other than that the person didn't like it.

The food was fabulous. The upcharge to good bottles of wine at meals was better than we expected and the quality of the wine was better too.

We love the small ship experience. No lineups, even for tenders. Embark / Disembark in 20 minutes. Go places that the big ships can't. Small groups for shore excursions. Beach party on a secluded spot on an island was amazing. No 'yard sales' to go through. Comfortable cabins with excellent bedding that are very well taken care of.

Others don't like the lack of an 'Off off broadway' show, the small pool, or the small number of bars. Those things don't matter to us.

The 7 sea days in a row is the only thing that stopped us from booking Windstar, thought we would try a mass market transpacific first. Otherwise, this sounds enticing.

I was on Star Breeze last year and concur with you about the food. It was excellent. For me the MDR was better than any of the Specialties that are on either Celebrity or Azamara.

However I found the experience as a whole disappointing. Some of the crew weren't very friendly and the ship lacked polish. Uncomfortable loungers, an excess of which remained stacked up at the back of the sun deck all cruise. The information on tours at the ports was severely lacking and one of our ship tours was cancelled through lack of interest, even though we rounded up quite a few guests to do it. No effort made to accommodate us.

Small ships are great and I particularly chose Windstar to go through the Corinth Canal which was fabulous, but in the final analysis even with great food and paid wine package I wouldn't return.

Phil

I was on Star Breeze last year and concur with you about the food. It was excellent. For me the MDR was better than any of the Specialties that are on either Celebrity or Azamara.

However I found the experience as a whole disappointing. Some of the crew weren't very friendly and the ship lacked polish. Uncomfortable loungers, an excess of which remained stacked up at the back of the sun deck all cruise. The information on tours at the ports was severely lacking and one of our ship tours was cancelled through lack of interest, even though we rounded up quite a few guests to do it. No effort made to accommodate us.

Small ships are great and I particularly chose Windstar to go through the Corinth Canal which was fabulous, but in the final analysis even with great food and paid wine package I wouldn't return.

Phil

This is why I say to each their own.

We didn't have the same experience on Windstar. Crew was friendly. Port talks were the best we've been to as they didn't include the sales pitch or the re-reading of what was in the dailys. Didn't find the loungers uncomfortable and loved the fact that they took them to shore for the beach picnic. Our excursions weren't cancelled and we don't expect special effort at accommodation.

All in all, we'd go back in a second, but I can certainly understand why you wouldn't.

We're eyeballing a cruise on the Celebrity Summit in October, but also Princess has 5 Day cruises on the Ruby and Star for about the same price. The ships both look high end but Princess has a nicer looking pool and atrium to be honest.

We were going to switch to Royal Caribbean but they're upping the charge for Johnny Rockets to $13 a head along with all the other nickel and diming. :eek: I can get that cheaper on land so no way, and we're tired of Carnival and thought that RCCL's buffet was so-so, so want something new. Many folks have chimed in claiming that Celebrity's food was "Inedible" after trying the higher end foods on Oceania and the like. Some don't agree and say they've never gone hungry.

We're trying to eat healthier at home with Soylent Meal Replacement and Kosher hot dogs and bean stew with lots of salads. We want to to switch up our cruising lunch diets so we can eat whatever we want for dinner. These cruise lines could save some money by having a soylent type product on tap and save our waistline a few notches on the belt. We want healthyish lunches - good dinners - tasty late night snacks - the best of both worlds. Which cruise line is better?

Princess has the foodie dishes

capri-dining-room-on-star-princess-photo-cruise-critic_x369_21.jpg

And the good snacks

pizzeria-2-768.jpg

Should we give Celebrity a try or does Princess have the better ship design and food varieties?

We recently cruised on Celebrity Solstice and one of the highlights was the food - the food in the MRD and OVC (buffet) was all great and we were more than happy.

We met some people on our cruise who had done a Princess cruise before and said the food on Celebrity was way better....