EZAir "glitch" - can't book with the displayed price which stays the same after 12hr

aprilsp88

Hi,

Last night I tried to book a reasonably priced flight in EZAir but got an error. I have encountered this problem multiple times before, usually it's caused by price change. If I recheck, I would see new price and continue with the booking. But not last night. Same price, same error after recheck.

This morning tried again, same price, same error. So I called. They contacted EZAir and told me the price has gone up. However it's still not reflected even now and I still can't book. They told me it's up to the EZAir department on when they update the price.

I would think the price change should be reflected immediately, all booking system should be real time. If they have already detected the price change, why can't they change it? I could continue to see this price for days but can't book it. It's a waste of time and resource.

Anyone has the same issue? Any resolution besides wait and try?

Thanks,

April

I had the exact same problem last week. It lasted a couple of days. There is at least one thread on the subject. I also called Princess. They contacted ez air and I was told the same thing you were. The next day when I still had the problem I contacted Princess again. The agent tried a multiple times to book the flight for me and had the same problem. The agent contacted ez air and I was on hold for about 15 minutes. Almost hung up when she came back and told me she was not taking no for a answer. She got my flights booked at the correct price. She told me ez air had to book them manually. Was having a computer problem. Great rep. Got e-mail confirmation immediately.

Edited by franktown
spelling

I had the exact same problem last week. It lasted a couple of days. There is at least one thread on the subject. I also called Princess. They contacted ez air and I was told the same thing you were. The next day when I still had the problem I contacted Princess again. The agent tried a multiple times to book the flight for me and had the same problem. The agent contacted ez air and I was on hold for about 15 minutes. Almost hung up when she came back and told me she was not taking no for a answer. She got my flights booked at the correct price. She told me ez air had to book them manually. Was having a computer problem. Great rep. Got e-mail confirmation immediately.

You're lucky. Your agent is great. In my case the agent is with EZAir. They can book me but only with the much higher price (which I don't see on screen).

I'm curious if the cheaper price was ever real, ie, if I have booked several days ago, would I get that price?

Once found an EZair set of flights which, if booked as 2 legs, was considerably cheaper than the exact same flights booked as 1 flight. Both on EZair. Tried to get the cheaper one but consistently was stopped at the end of the booking process. Princess said that it was the airline's computer that rejected the lower price, and they could do nothing about it. Even after the call the lower price was still there, but unobtainable.

So the problem might not be Princess, but the airline updating the information.

Once found an EZair set of flights which, if booked as 2 legs, was considerably cheaper than the exact same flights booked as 1 flight. Both on EZair. Tried to get the cheaper one but consistently was stopped at the end of the booking process. Princess said that it was the airline's computer that rejected the lower price, and they could do nothing about it. Even after the call the lower price was still there, but unobtainable.

So the problem might not be Princess, but the airline updating the information.

Yes, probably it's the airline rejecting the booking, although this is not what EZAir told me, they might not have a clue otherwise this should get fixed. I still see the lower fare (it increased about $10, so it's actually alive), still can't book. :(

Is there a way to book the 2 legs separately but all within the same reservation?