HELP! I have to decide between Signature Suite and Aft Facing Verandah

ROBERTEVANOVER

What would you do? I am trying to make a choice between a mud ship Signature Suite verandah cabin (Noordam SS 6059) and an Aft Facing verandah cabin on deck 4 (Noordam 4179).

The price is within $30 of each other.

My biggest concern: Aft Facing cabin is directly above the top dining room. Will I hear any dinner noise? It’s a larger cabin so not too much size difference.

Round-trip from Sydney goes to several islands in New Caledonia and Vanuatu.

I really appreciate your help I need to make a commitment in the next few days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What would you do? I am trying to make a choice between a mud ship Signature Suite verandah cabin (Noordam SS 6059) and an Aft Facing verandah cabin on deck 4 (Noordam 4179).

My biggest concern: Aft Facing cabin is directly above the top dining room. Will I hear any dinner noise? It’s a larger cabin so not too much size difference.

Signature Mid Ship, much better location and very nice cabin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Book the Signature Suite! More spacious, larger verandah (we actually had a real table), great bathroom and you will get the bonus suite Mariner days. I was eager to try an aft verandah, and it wasn't that great, and as KK said, the view is the same plus the propeller noise and motion was unexpected. We had your choice for our next cruise and chose the SS Suite. You are lucky the price is so close, ours was considerably more, but worth it!

Karen

Verandah is very nice f59814c1445075f1c1bb5aac3d46b68a.jpg

All of my cruises on the Noordam have been in aft facing staterooms.

As a photographer, I try to always sail in an aft stateroom because I can see and photograph what is on both sides of the ship. Those with port or starboard staterooms can see only what is on their side of the ship unless they want leave their stateroom. In aft staterooms, you can enjoy eating on your balcony even while the ship is sailing at 18 knots because there will be no wind.

Aft staterooms are a short elevator ride from both the MDR and Lido Market, a short elevator ride for Room Service that ensures your order will be at a proper temperature when it arrives, very little foot traffic, and no noise from the MDR since it is carpeted.

The Signature Suite will earn you double Mariner Points and will be a bit larger than the aft-facing staterooms.

Space or view seems to be the choice to make.

All of my cruises on the Noordam have been in aft facing staterooms.

As a photographer, I try to always sail in an aft stateroom because I can see and photograph what is on both sides of the ship. Those with port or starboard staterooms can see only what is on their side of the ship unless they want leave their stateroom. In aft staterooms, you can enjoy eating on your balcony even while the ship is sailing at 18 knots because there will be no wind.

Aft staterooms are a short elevator ride from both the MDR and Lido Market, a short elevator ride for Room Service that ensures your order will be at a proper temperature when it arrives, very little foot traffic, and no noise from the MDR since it is carpeted.

The Signature Suite will earn you double Mariner Points and will be a bit larger than the aft-facing staterooms.

Space or view seems to be the choice to make.

Actually Signature Suites are 50% larger than a typical Verandah but your reasons are valid.

I also vote for the Signature Suite. We were in a SS on Noordam last fall. A lot more room. Bathroom so large I could walk past DH to get to the toilet or other sink. Also enough room in main part of the cabin that one of us didn’t have to back up. Plus double loyalty points. We had a port room, so we got a wonderful view of the Sydney Opera house at dawn coming into Sydney. Also much better to be sandwiched between two passenger decks.

Book it ASAP, we had a Junior Suite on Legend of the Seas for $20 more than the Deluxe Balcony, and it went up $600 w/in 12 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums