Anyone currently on Eurodam - update since drydock?

weloveourdoggie

Thank you so much. Someone else had written this wasn't available on Zaandam. I misused the word DVR. I just meant ability to have access to lots of movies and menus and your sign and sail card charges. Again, thank you [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oops- just saw you are on a Eurodam. Still good news as I'll be on her in July.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Nieuw Statendam after dry dock in Dec 2017 and will be going on the Eurodam next week. I believe the EXP was for the execusion, where you do your booking and any questions. They did have a few presentations. The new Crows Nest on the Nieuw Statendam is very horrible and uninviting. Basically no one is around majority of the time. Just the Café (coffee) and the other half is the EXP with some of the library. They have these hugh maps/table that show you the maps of your cruise and some information on the exercusion. EXP staff were rude an impatient with the guest and they have very limited hours. They made such a waste out of the Crows Nest, it was nice during the day to go for the views and at night for the drinks/dancing. Not anymore....

Any more information on the Eurodam post dry dock or pictures? I'm having a difficult time getting feedback other than this thread and I have to say I am a bit nervous, the library/puzzle area and the cafe were our favorite spots, loved the ambiance.

We were on the Nieuw Statendam after dry dock in Dec 2017 and will be going on the Eurodam next week. I believe the EXP was for the execusion, where you do your booking and any questions. They did have a few presentations. The new Crows Nest on the Nieuw Statendam is very horrible and uninviting. Basically no one is around majority of the time. Just the Café (coffee) and the other half is the EXP with some of the library. They have these hugh maps/table that show you the maps of your cruise and some information on the exercusion. EXP staff were rude an impatient with the guest and they have very limited hours. They made such a waste out of the Crows Nest, it was nice during the day to go for the views and at night for the drinks/dancing. Not anymore....

I’m guessing you mean Nieuw Amsterdam since Nieuw Statendam is still being built.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the same thing we were experiencing with NA. We were on her pre-dry-dock and were scheduled to sail post-dry-dock but wanted to see pictures. We couldn’t find anything. Actually, I was the one to post pictures from our sailing.

It is my understanding that many of the same changes were being made to Eurodam as were on NA. To us, NA was beautiful before dry-dock and even better afterward. We loved the improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I did look up the old threads, it'll be interesting to hear how the Alaska season goes since that's when the Crows Nest was most utilized and therefore my experience is different, it was heavily utilized on my last sailing.

HAL website deck plans don't help much, I can remember the old printed plans were highly detailed, showing tables, chairs, grand pianos, the plans up now are boring, just an outline of the room.

PS I didn't want to start a new Crow's Nest thread, hence rezzing this one, my apologies if anyone is bothered by that, my concerns were specific to the Eurodam and still fresh for a lot of us.

Edit: were the daily NYT puzzles still available?

Edited by atexsix

We got off in SF Sat am after transit of Panama Canal. Ship looked great. Brand new carpet throughout ship. New tables in Lido. Crows Nest lost dance floor & Happy Hour even though bar still there. The new EXC thing is there & you go there to ask about excursions. Adding interactive areas to see where you're going. Downside of excursion desk is you line up & wait. No number system & just one rep to answer questions. Some people stood there for 15 minutes assuming they were only ones there. If they'd looked behind them, they would have seen 10-12 others waiting. Kiosks are around ship to purchase excursions on your ship card. HAL added their Navigator app so you can text friends, etc aboard ship. However, phone doesn't ping when text comes thru so we didn't see messages for hours. A few kinks still in system, but you can see your on board account. You will still receive final statement morning of disembarkation.

We got off in SF Sat am after transit of Panama Canal. Ship looked great. Brand new carpet throughout ship. New tables in Lido. Crows Nest lost dance floor & Happy Hour even though bar still there. The new EXC thing is there & you go there to ask about excursions. Adding interactive areas to see where you're going. Downside of excursion desk is you line up & wait. No number system & just one rep to answer questions. Some people stood there for 15 minutes assuming they were only ones there. If they'd looked behind them, they would have seen 10-12 others waiting. Kiosks are around ship to purchase excursions on your ship card. HAL added their Navigator app so you can text friends, etc aboard ship. However, phone doesn't ping when text comes thru so we didn't see messages for hours. A few kinks still in system, but you can see your on board account. You will still receive final statement morning of disembarkation.

Thanks for the update, and I wonder why they did away with HH in the Crows Nest. Most other changes you report seem positive, except the excursion desk. :(