Haven?

cakewoman6

Well, the total price depends on how many person is going on the cruise/in the same stateroom/the vacation place and the time of when the cruise would take place.

For Haven, the price can be at least $2,000 per each person to more - I have seen like $15,000+ total price for the cruise.

Especially going to places like Hawaii.

Is the Haven really $2500 per person?? New to NCL

Really depends on your itinerary. On our upcoming Alaskan cruises, Haven rooms range from $6000 to $10000 per person (double occupancy). Next year, the same rooms start at $7500 per person.

Well, the total price depends on how many person is going on the cruise/in the same stateroom/the vacation place and the time of when the cruise would take place.

For Haven, the price can be at least $2,000 per each person to more - I have seen like $15,000+ total price for the cruise.

Especially going to places like Hawaii.

Do your research first before jumping into Haven booking. It depends on the ship, as far as getting the Haven experience described on NCL website.

The Jewel Class ships ( jewel, pearl, jade etc) have "Haven" space but NOT restaurant, Haven lounge, concierge lounge etc.

We just got off Jewel, Haven cabin and the Haven was NOT worth the price. Others , who had been on the newer ships were complaining what a terrible Haven experience it is on these older ships.

I wish I would have taken a pic of Haven area when we were getting ready to disembark .

It was like a totally different ship. They had it all laid out with the padded loungers with HAVEN embroidered covers on them. Hammock frame we looked at all week was complete and looked inviting.

Umbrellas out and open . It looked like a beautiful 5 star hotel pool area. I asked workers why it looked so nice now.

This was done because Travel Agents were coming onboard and getting a tour and free lunch in Cagney's that day.

(I wanted to call BS on this whole thing,...talk about false advertising)

What we got during the cruise were loungers stacked and tied down .We were told they are not available for use during cruise. Even when we were in port for 2 days, No loungers, umbrellas, or assembled hammock available.("so Sorry") Some tried to drag out a lounger and were told not to.

Ironically, the other side of the sun deck, open to all the ship guests, had their loungers and side tables out throughout the cruise!! They were constantly hanging over the railing looking down at the Haven pool area.

So, on the newer ships with "complete" Haven experience, if you can afford it, go for it.

I would skip it on older ships.

We paid $10,000 more for Haven 2 bedroom Suite than 2 Bedroom Suite on lower decks. Not worth the money. This was the only Suite available for this cruise and we thought we would change after other lower Suites opened up.

Found out later, you cannot go down in categories but only up.

We are now moving on to MSC, Yacht Club. Pretty much done with NCL .

8 Day Yacht Club Deluxe Suite was $4300 for both of us combined. (Newer ship, 2016 ).

We are Plat Plus with NCL and they matched us to BLACK,so we get 5% off that price and other perks.

Will be interesting to try new cruise line (for us, at least).

As others have said, it depends on the ship. For Breakaway and similar, the Haven and suite perks are significantly more than what you get on a jewel class ship. The -away class ships have their own Haven restaurant, where you can eat all meals, not just breakfast and lunch. The Haven area is a large, multi-deck area, one where.you might spend all of the non-port time. Jewel class Havens are much smaller.

The key is to know what the Haven offerings are on the ship you’re looking at. On jewel class ships, we are more than happy booking a suite without Haven access, it gives us everything we are looking for at a much reduced price compared to the comparable Haven cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently bidding on a Haven upgrade for our sailing in June on the Escape (we could never afford it outright as we always book when the 3rd and 4th are free) . Is it me or does the pool area seem very small and potentially loud? I assume the roof will retract in June for Bermuda for sun....but it doesn't seem like a large pool or many chairs for as many suites on the ship. Is there still the chair holding game within the Haven? Are warm cookies and snacks still served by the pool area? We already have all our entertainment /restaurants booked, and do our excursions solo, so I am not expecting to need the concierge for much. Just debating how much I really want to pay for those really nice cabins. A dream to have the bid accepted...but never would I pay 10K for a room! I am happy with our 3200 for 4 people in our Balcony cabin and a pair of Thermal Suite passes for us adults. Awesome opportunity for those where money isn't an issue. One day we'll get there, when the kids are in college :)

Is it me or does the pool area seem very small and potentially loud? I assume the roof will retract in June for Bermuda for sun....but it doesn't seem like a large pool or many chairs for as many suites on the ship. Is there still the chair holding game within the Haven?

No, there is a 2nd area above the pool deck that is still under the retractable roof that always has plenty of loungers. There are no chair hogs to worry about.

HavenCourtyard-IMG_7059.JPG

You can see the empty loungers that are on deck 19. There are also plenty more loungers (including the double loungers) outdoors on deck 19.

Are warm cookies and snacks still served by the pool area?

Yes, there are different snacks as well as drink service, too.

Currently bidding on a Haven upgrade for our sailing in June on the Escape (we could never afford it outright as we always book when the 3rd and 4th are free) . Is it me or does the pool area seem very small and potentially loud? I assume the roof will retract in June for Bermuda for sun....but it doesn't seem like a large pool or many chairs for as many suites on the ship. Is there still the chair holding game within the Haven? Are warm cookies and snacks still served by the pool area? We already have all our entertainment /restaurants booked, and do our excursions solo, so I am not expecting to need the concierge for much. Just debating how much I really want to pay for those really nice cabins. A dream to have the bid accepted...but never would I pay 10K for a room! I am happy with our 3200 for 4 people in our Balcony cabin and a pair of Thermal Suite passes for us adults. Awesome opportunity for those where money isn't an issue. One day we'll get there, when the kids are in college :)

Hard to tell about the size of Escape Haven pool but looks a little larger than BA Haven pool. That being said, BA pool 3'11" deep and if you had 10 people standing in it that would be full.

Hard to tell about the size of Escape Haven pool but looks a little larger than BA Haven pool. That being said, BA pool 3'11" deep and if you had 10 people standing in it that would be full.

Yes the pool is small not really made for swimming. However you can always go to the main pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Starting around post #134 on my link below are pictures of the Escape Haven. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246&page=7

There are loungers in the courtyard, loungers around the courtyard on Deck 19 and several post down, loungers on the Deck 19 sun deck. They leave the roof open, weather permitting. If it gets too windy when the ship is underway, the roof will be closed and you can enjoy air conditioned sunshine.

Is it me or does the pool area seem very small and potentially loud? I assume the roof will retract in June for Bermuda for sun....but it doesn't seem like a large pool or many chairs for as many suites on the ship. Is there still the chair holding game within the Haven? Are warm cookies and snacks still served by the pool area?

The pool area is small and can be very loud. The upper deck under the roof is not immune to the noise, either. It will depend on your sailing. When we sailed, the Haven was bursting at the seams with little kids. So the pool area was super loud and mobbed the entire cruise. The upper deck is easy to get a chair, almost nobody up there, but it's just as loud, no view of the water, and just kind of "meh" - hence why it's empty. The sun deck filled up quick a bit and could be more challenging getting a chair. I didn't notice any sort of chair holding/hogging in the Haven.

For us, we would never sail NCL's Haven product again. It's not what they sell it to be. Royal offers a better product with the solarium and no need to upgrade to get it.

Edited by BNBR

What is “imho”. I don’t find the haven to be all that expensive

IMHO = in my humble opinion

What is expensive to one is good value to another. Thus the acronym.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must be young, all you young people use acronyms! Lol. I have priced it compared to other all inclusive vacations with VIP (well known acronym lol) service and the cruise always seems to be less expensive. Although I typically wait until upgrade time and get it with quite a savings. Although this time I booked it from the start since it is one of the Bigger ships and it’s peak season

You must be young, all you young people use acronyms! Lol. I have priced it compared to other all inclusive vacations with VIP (well known acronym lol) service and the cruise always seems to be less expensive. Although I typically wait until upgrade time and get it with quite a savings. Although this time I booked it from the start since it is one of the Bigger ships and it’s peak season

Thanks for the compliment but I wouldn't consider myself physically young but I do swim snorkel hike and ride roller coasters at age 60....I'm very computer savvy and very much psychologically young and easily pick up on acronyms. Thankfully I'm still raising my kids ..in addition to my adult kids I was blessed with a bonus baby who is a high school junior

Best thing that ever happened btw!!!

Just for the record..dh and I could afford the Haven but we choose not to as we prefer to travel more frequently and when our kids are with us the adult kids of course pay their own way and we all like to get connecting cabins...therefore...we would never subject them to paying Haven prices...we would never stuff into a 2 bedroom Haven either...nor would our very gainfully employed 3 older kids expect us to pay for them...they realize that since none of them have any school loans that they have been well cared for by us and are now on their own. Geez I have to tell them ahead of time when it's my treat because they are so self sufficient. However I digress, I know, but I'm just so sick of everyone thinking 20 somethings are lazy bums sleeping in their parents basements. Even my 17yo holds 2 jobs. Makes a small fortune too and kicks in something for all our trips without a fuss. This is a good thing btw...just being proactive in case posters feel the need to question this. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by maggie cruises

You must be young, all you young people use acronyms! Lol. I have priced it compared to other all inclusive vacations with VIP (well known acronym lol) service and the cruise always seems to be less expensive. Although I typically wait until upgrade time and get it with quite a savings. Although this time I booked it from the start since it is one of the Bigger ships and it’s peak season.

The "ship-within-a-ship" concept is catching on so there are alternatives to the NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line) Haven.

MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) has the Yacht Club for less than the Haven.

KkVDT14WuDA

Celebrity is getting into the concept (even though they deny it) with The Retreat on Celebrity Edge.

102wos4rNrM

(I tried do de-acronym everything :p)

The pool area is small and can be very loud. The upper deck under the roof is not immune to the noise, either. It will depend on your sailing. When we sailed, the Haven was bursting at the seams with little kids. So the pool area was super loud and mobbed the entire cruise. The upper deck is easy to get a chair, almost nobody up there, but it's just as loud, no view of the water, and just kind of "meh" - hence why it's empty. The sun deck filled up quick a bit and could be more challenging getting a chair. I didn't notice any sort of chair holding/hogging in the Haven.

For us, we would never sail NCL's Haven product again. It's not what they sell it to be. Royal offers a better product with the solarium and no need to upgrade to get it.

Please give me examples of why you never want to Haven it again? We are on a summer sailing, so I assume a lot of kids.

Please give me examples of why you never want to Haven it again? We are on a summer sailing, so I assume a lot of kids.

I just don't think it's a good product that justifies the cost. At least for us. We don't care much about a little nicer room or a butler. The Haven itself is enclosed, no water view, and they allow kids to take it over. So it's not the relaxing paradise they sell it as. The sun deck was nice only because it's impossible to get a chair anywhere else on the overcrowded ship. Best part was the haven restaurant and it's not even that great. The limited menu stays the same the entire sailing.

It's a lot of extra money for very little on a ship that isn't very good. I much prefer the Oasis or Anthem style solarium which is adults only, restaurant, bar, etc. With an amazing view and no need to buy a suite or pay 3x the price to get in.

Some people really love the Haven. I think it's probably awesome if you have kids and want to relax while they run around and swim in the courtyard. Especially with the 3/4 sail free and family suites. Good product for these peope.

We had to pay a premium to be in Haven on the Getaway- as it was over the holidays. I still think the expense is worth it as there are so many additional amenities (as others have pointed out) on the bigger ships. You cannot beat the pool time. I took pictures of the rooms, Haven areas, menus etc if you'd like to review. Enjoy! https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/