Pinnacle Grill Mother's Day Brunch

VennDiagram

We got email informing us that there will be a special brunch in the Pinnacle Grill for Mother's Day. $35 pp with unlimited mimosas, $25 pp without mimosas.

The link to the Sample Menu on the HAL site took me to a page that said something like "This information is not available at this time. Please check back"

Does anyone know what the menu might be, from a similar brunch?

I couldn't view the brunch menu either but decided to book it anyway (since the whole point of the cruise is to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday) and didn't want to miss out on the timeslot we wanted. I'm a little annoyed that there was no price option, it billed us $25pp and there was no way to select the $35 option. I contacted HAL support and was told to contact ship services (not that we really need the mimosas).

Kesstral, thank you! I hope you have a great brunch with your mom :) Our sailing is showing both the $25 and $35 available to book, I think. We definitely don't need unlimited mimosas :)

I'll call Ships Services and see if they can give me some sort of idea about what the food might be.

I spoke with ship services and they said something about not being able to offer both prices online but I can pay the extra on the ship if we decide for the mimosa option.

You're right! I was wrong -- I finally jumped through all the hoops on the HAL site and got to the "Book Now" page. It doesn't show with or without mimosas, just one price.

That sounds lovely Venn.

Haven't had an offer on our cruise but we are in Horta that day so maybe it won't be done?

I'll wait and see on board. Sounds like a blast.

thanks for sharing.

JMO -- but I would only pay for the brunch. Buy your own drinks.

If any you have the Signature Beverage Cards -- use them.

HAL's Mimosas have too much orange juice in them and little "champagne".

And their Mimosas are made with their bottom level bubbly which is not worth the calories, so the more orange juice the better! May not be worth the extra $$, IMHO. If several of you are sharing in the celebration, combine "forces" chipping in $5-10 each and buy a really decent bottle of bubbly, add it to your own OJ at the table for something that tastes special. m--

JMO -- but I would only pay for the brunch. Buy your own drinks.

If any you have the Signature Beverage Cards -- use them.

HAL's Mimosas have too much orange juice in them and little "champagne".

And their Mimosas are made with their bottom level bubbly which is not worth the calories, so the more orange juice the better! May not be worth the extra $$, IMHO. If several of you are sharing in the celebration, combine "forces" chipping in $5-10 each and buy a really decent bottle of bubbly, add it to your own OJ at the table for something that tastes special. m--

Excellent advice from you both (y)

We would not be considering the unlimited mimosas option, trust me ;)

On our last couple of cruises, the orange juice was not freshly squeezed -- not in the Lido, dining room, Pinnacle Grill or room service. It was from a can and sour.

On our last couple of cruises, the orange juice was not freshly squeezed -- not in the Lido, dining room, Pinnacle Grill or room service. It was from a can and sour.

Yikes KK. It was fresh squeezed on our Rotterdam cruise in the PG, Neptune Lounge and room service. There was pulp in the Lido's but it didn't taste the same - probably needed stirring?

Sure hope it is on our upcoming cruise (yn).

The email said 11 am to 1 pm. I think PG Suite breakfast is done by 9ish or so. I expect that breakfast will still be available. If it is moved to somewhere else, the concierge should know.

Pinnacle Suite breakfast is same hours as MDR breakfast.

I think suite guests can have their breakfast Sunday morning as always.

If they do say no Suite Breakfast, which I seriously doubt, Th ere will be no need to go to concierg e. A notice would be deliver ed to suites advising suite breakfast will not be available in Pinnacle that morning..

Edited by sail7seas

IMO, No, they would not offfer it for no addiional cost . In the event they have some seating available after all reservations, they may offer N eptune/ Pinnacle Suite guests priority at getting those empty seats but there would be full charge. I expect it will be sold ou t

I have been aboard many times on Mothers day and I think the brunch should be a very welcome way to celebrate and likely will be close to Or a 'sell out'. My guess is many past guests have requested they make a special brunch for M other's Day and maybe someone actually listened. :)

I remember hearing that suggestion in the past and thought it a good idea.:)

All could vary by ship depending if fthe ship is in port or at sea and how popular the port. ;)

Edited by sail7seas

Is it possible they would offer the suite guests the Mother's Day brunch in lieu of the breakfast?

Maybe some posters here on CC who are frequent suite guests have some experience with events like this and could chime in.

We stay on the Pinnacle and Neptune Suites all the time.

No way would they let the Pinnacle and Neptune Suite people have a free Mother's Day brunch. It is not one of the Suite perks.

No way would they let the Pinnacle and Neptune Suite people have a free Mother's Day brunch. It is not one of the Suite perks.

We agree. :)

I imagine you're right. I've never been to a brunch in the PG. I was thinking it might not be more elaborate than the nice breakfast available. The timing does confuse me. I made a reservation for the brunch at 10 am. Maybe the suite breakfasters will be finishing up by then. Or maybe they'll change my reservation to a later time once we're onboard the ship. No matter -- I'm looking forward the Mother's Day brunch.